The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

10 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

No, it’s just a faulty test, it’s kind of a pain to be honest. We have to stay quarantined for 3 days till a more legit lab test comes back. It’s got nothing to do with the person. They seem quite open about it. The Canucks aren’t open about anything so I’m not sure how to take that. Lol. 

Just poking fun, you said false negatives, that means sick people are cleared to run around, I think you meant false positives.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, wesley said:

Shouldn't they all get vaccinated? They are frontliners, sort of.

I believe Canadian teams decided not to jump the queue after fallout from US teams getting vaccinated. And no, they are not essential.

2 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Science disagrees with you.

Look where the 'air' is coming out in that picture.

Virus particles are in IN that air, if you are shedding.

Use your own brain to think now. You can do it. THINK ABOUT IT.

Air puffs out the sides of all of the face diapers, and there's viral particles in said air, if a person's shedding.

Period, end of story.

Face diapers are a scam. There are ways to protect yourself, and others, but face diapers are a pathetic joke on all of us.

image.png.0da2298be96b8ddc02e48d954c00d1d3.png

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, xereau said:

Look where the 'air' is coming out in that picture.

Virus particles are in IN that air, if you are shedding.

Use your own brain to think now. You can do it. THINK ABOUT IT.

Air puffs out the sides of all of the face diapers, and there's viral particles in said air, if a person's shedding.

Period, end of story.

Face diapers are a scam. There are ways to protect yourself, and others, but face diapers are a pathetic joke on all of us.

image.png.0da2298be96b8ddc02e48d954c00d1d3.png

I made the mistake of eating one of those super strong frisk mints then putting on a mask to go into the grocery store, when I was well inside the power of that mint was forced up into my eyes and they watered so much I couldn’t see, I had to rip the mask off to get some clean air, when you exhale and block its path that air has to go somewhere, that’s science, masks aren’t magic.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

You do realise that the purpose of the surgical style mask isn’t to protect the wearer.  Look at the smoke where is it all going to - answer not in front, plus the smoke test isn’t indicative of the reality of the speed of a cough or sneeze. 

surgical masks reduce the forward propulsion of expelled air/particles. It’s the reason why surgeons wear them. 

They are not a magic cure all/COVID blocker they are a tool that slows spread, which hopefully keeps the r number down mak8n* the return to normal society quicker 

Wouldn’t a sneeze or cough actually propel the air at a much higher velocity resulting in more air/virus being forced out through the front of the mask as well as a heck of a lot further sideways and up? Everything I’ve learnt in science would suggest so.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wouldn’t a sneeze or cough actually propel the air at a much higher velocity resulting in more air/virus being forced out through the front of the mask as well as a heck of a lot further sideways and up? Everything I’ve learnt in science would suggest so.

It would be at a far higher velocity hence why the smoke test doesn’t really show/prove anything 

8 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

It would be at a far higher velocity hence why the smoke test doesn’t really show/prove anything 

Irregardless, when you exhale the air goes somewhere, masks may protect the people in front of you but not those beside you, granted you do face most people so that may help but then take into account human stupidity such as those that think they’re invincible with a mask or those that can’t hear you and need to get inches from your face and don’t forget the fact on average we touch our faces every 2 minutes or so then touch everything around us. And if by chance masks actually blocked all the crap you were exhaling think how polluted the mask would be in just a few minutes and what you’d be breathing back in.

Masks are like Jake, they look good on paper.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Think about this, most people buy their masks from a dollar store, those masks are meant to protect you from them, how safe do you feel now?

It’s better than nothing. Not everything is binary. If it’s helps lower (not eliminate) spread it’s worth it. 

And yes humans are idiots, but you can never design something to be idiot proof, but that doesn’t mean that you let perfect be the enemy of good 

• Cheers 1

It can take up to 14 days for other players to show a positive test. 6 to 7 days is the normal incubation time. If Gaudette is positive then any of his close contacts should be isolated. This might turn into nothing or it may be a disaster to end of their season.

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Irregardless, when you exhale the air goes somewhere, masks may protect the people in front of you but not those beside you, granted you do face most people so that may help but then take into account human stupidity such as those that think they’re invincible with a mask or those that can’t hear you and need to get inches from your face and don’t forget the fact on average we touch our faces every 2 minutes or so then touch everything around us. And if by chance masks actually blocked all the crap you were exhaling think how polluted the mask would be in just a few minutes and what you’d be breathing back in.

Masks are like Jake, they look good on paper.

The nhl are using the N-95 masks. They protect better for both inhale and exhaling.

I'd love to see how this spoiled brat society would have handled the Blitz in World War II.

Stuck in makeshift bomb shelters in subway stations. No internet, no cell phones. 

"Nah this is just a hoax, there's no bombs. I'm staying home.." 

BOOM!

Your block is flattened by a 500 kg bomb. 

titanic.jpg.3c1daa2ddd29f6c931c68a7570afa29b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He's a Canucks player, this is a Canucks forum. Plenty of us likely care.

And on that note, get well soon hockey Gaud. Hopefully it doesn't sweep through the team. 

It won't. And I'd bet my life savings on him being perfectly fine. This kind of news is non news.

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

That masks works better.......dick f***ing tracey.

A cloth mask still works a helluva lot better than nothing at all.  Cut the bullsh!t and keep your community as safe as you can.  Or are you just a selfish ahole?

What's really funny is they said only N95 masks worked and that you couldn't simply use a cloth mask when it all started. Nor could you just wrap a shirt around your face.

Covid is real. The people ordering mandates are whats fake.