The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

My favourite part is Horgan saying this is all on folks 20-39 years old, as if we haven’t done our part for over a year (as well as being those on the frontlines), while he’s sat around pandering to businesses and industry instead of dealing with this properly over a year ago. Feck him. This is on them. The continued spread of the virus and the mental health crisis (which was already bad before the pandemic).

• Vintage 1

Just now, 5Fivehole0 said:

My favourite part is Horgan saying this is all on folks 20-39 years old, as if we haven’t done our part for over a year (as well as being those on the frontlines), while he’s sat around pandering to businesses and industry instead of dealing with this properly over a year ago. Feck him. This is on them. The continued spread of the virus and the mental health crisis (which was already bad before the pandemic).

I agree that was a dumb move, but I don't think he was blaming so much as pleading with them to do better as they're the last group to get vaccinated and the p1 variant is hitting that age group hard.

I agree he did not come off well there

1 minute ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

What's really funny is they said only N95 masks worked and that you couldn't simply use a cloth mask when it all started. Nor could you just wrap a shirt around your face.

Covid is real. The people ordering mandates are whats fake.

When you ware a cloth or medical mask you are only protecting those around you. That is why it is important for everyone to ware one.  It is still a must that you maintain the social distancing. 

N-95 is far better.

21 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

What's really funny is they said only N95 masks worked and that you couldn't simply use a cloth mask when it all started. Nor could you just wrap a shirt around your face.

Covid is real. The people ordering mandates are whats fake.

Just freaking wear one, what did you lose. Absolutely nothing. It is one of those things where it is better safe than sorry. 

Also, in asia where mask wearing is prevalent to begin with and was ordered from the beginning shows significantly less covid cases and deaths compared to western nation where mask wearing became a political statement. Empirical science had already proven mask effectiveness slowing the spread of viruses. 

Also, the start where WHO and CDC says mask don't work was to prevent you and I from buying up all the mask supplies. That was the stupidest decision all the health officials made. They flat out lied to the public instead doing the right thing and just state the truth. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wouldn’t a sneeze or cough actually propel the air at a much higher velocity resulting in more air/virus being forced out through the front of the mask as well as a heck of a lot further sideways and up? Everything I’ve learnt in science would suggest so.

No. A mask will significantly lower the velocity of the air coming out of the mask so whatever virus do get through will pretty much just hover infront of you instead projecting itself 6 feet out. So unless someone is like kissing you, the chance of them catching the virus is exponentially lower and what they do catch is low enough to not cause severe symptoms as their viral load is greatly reduced. 

The mask greatest affect is lowering the viral load should one catch it. So instead of needing to be on a ventilator and suffering from long term adverse health problems, you will just get stuck in bed for a day or two. 

Also, having a filter is still better than nothing at all cause once again, reduce your viral load. 

TLDR: Just wear a mask, it cost you nothing of significance and it is better safe than sorry. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I agree that was a dumb move, but I don't think he was blaming so much as pleading with them to do better as they're the last group to get vaccinated and the p1 variant is hitting that age group hard.

I agree he did not come off well there

I'm actually glad all these snafu's are happening under the NDP. People in BC seem to have a higher tolerance for NDP mistakes, particularly around healthcare, and we just don't nee the extra anger and outrage that would be going on if this was under Wilkinson. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm actually glad all these snafu's are happening under the NDP. People in BC seem to have a higher tolerance for NDP mistakes, particularly around healthcare, and we just don't nee the extra anger and outrage that would be going on if this was under Wilkinson. 

agreed, though I can tell you that teachers are not happy with the NDP.........at all.  That said, I don't know many teachers who would ever vote Lin in this province, and I think the NDP know that.

Just now, stawns said:

agreed, though I can tell you that teachers are not happy with the NDP.........at all.  That said, I don't know many teachers who would ever vote Lin in this province, and I think the NDP know that.

we all vote by branding, its really funny. Try telling a conservative that the NDP in BC has had more balanced budgets :lol:

I don't blame Horgan for all of it by any means, no one is going to get this 100% right. But I really am glad the Lib's aren't in because the extra anger would just put people over the top and not be good for any of us. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

What's fake are the morons who think they know more than the people actually trained to fight infectious disease.  

You're awfully presumptuous. How is it wrong for me to say they're doing a $&!# job? They are. 

I can already tell I'm wasting my time with you though. 

You guys on CDC are a reverberating echo chamber on every topic.

You're awfully presumptuous. How is it wrong for me to say they're doing a $&!# job? They are. 

I can already tell I'm wasting my time with you though. 

You guys on CDC are a reverberating echo chamber on every topic.

the infectious disease experts are doing a sh!tty job?  How do you know>

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Just freaking wear one, what did you lose. Absolutely nothing. It is one of those things where it is better safe than sorry. 

Also, in asia where mask wearing is prevalent to begin with and was ordered from the beginning shows significantly less covid cases and deaths compared to western nation where mask wearing became a political statement. Empirical science had already proven mask effectiveness slowing the spread of viruses. 

Also, the start where WHO and CDC says mask don't work was to prevent you and I from buying up all the mask supplies. That was the stupidest decision all the health officials made. They flat out lied to the public instead doing the right thing and just state the truth. 

Uh. I wear a mask 8 hours a day at work and then again at home.

Stop knee jerking and assuming Im anti-mask. All I'm getting across is the complete failure of our leadership. I voted ndp in provincial and federal elections, and I feel let down. I also know that some of these mandates, such as glory holes and no showering after hockey are stupid.

Stop parroting. I know to wear a mask

Edited by 5Fivehole0

I don't see Gaudette in the hospital, and expect him to be fine.

Uhh what's wrong with a 99% success bet?

because you can't say that. We don't know what the long-term effects of covid are yet.