The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's been over a year since infection for me and I struggle every day.  I'm unable to do many of the things I was able to do pre-infection and I'm not really getting any better and I know many people in the same boat.  Prior to infection I was a healthy, active, athletic person.

you can't have a long term study until enough time has passed. I guess that needs pointing out. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's been over a year since infection for me and I struggle every day.  I'm unable to do many of the things I was able to do pre-infection and I'm not really getting any better and I know many people in the same boat.  Prior to infection I was a healthy, active, athletic person.

You're the exception, not the rule. 99% of us, including myself, my brother, and his family(including a 67y old) all recovered without any effects.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=coronavirus+long+term+effects

Because of the words you say. Bunch of people watch Bonnie Henry on Chek news and just parrot a bunch of PR stuff.

for what it's worth, I'm not happy with the government response either.  It's been wishy washy and it's bit us in the ass.  The government should have cracked down and locked down hard in Nov for a month and any time cases showed up, lock down again.  That's how we get our lives back

• Vintage 2

21 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Annnnnnd the worst season in the history of the league gets even worse.

Maybe for the league - but this team has these kind of sh!tstorm snakebitten seasons on a regular basis. 

It's how/why us older ones don't bat an eye at most of the misfortune.  Been there, seen that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

You're the exception, not the rule. 99% of us, including myself, my brother, and his family(including a 67y old) all recovered without any effects.

Alex Stalock never experienced any symptoms.  Turns out he unknowingly developed myocarditis.  It’s an inflammation of the heart that can lead to cardiac arrest if the heart rate is elevated.  Cardiac screening is part of the NHL’s protocol or he would have never known. 

Marco Rossi is on complete rest.  He too was unaware he had developed a condition that prevents him from playing.  He had mild symptoms back in November but recovered and was cleared to play at the U20 in Edmonton.  He failed his medical at the Wild’s training camp and it was a complete shock to him per his agent.  They hope he will fully recover and have a career but for now he’s on full rest.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Hard to imagine how this is possible when the mortality rate is >1%..... 

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

Uninformed dude keeps talking about  99%

Meanwhile world wide  is running at  2.18 % mortality

1.8 % in U.S.A.

2.3 % in Canada

1.5% in B.C.

And that is just the deaths, not including long haulers.

But uninformed dude will keep yaking about 99%

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Many long-term COVID-19 effects still unknown

Much is still unknown about how COVID-19 will affect people over time. However, researchers recommend that doctors closely monitor people who have had COVID-19 to see how their organs are functioning after recovery.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/31/2021 at 12:37 AM, xereau said:

Look where the 'air' is coming out in that picture.

Virus particles are in IN that air, if you are shedding.

Use your own brain to think now. You can do it. THINK ABOUT IT.

Air puffs out the sides of all of the face diapers, and there's viral particles in said air, if a person's shedding.

Period, end of story.

Face diapers are a scam. There are ways to protect yourself, and others, but face diapers are a pathetic joke on all of us.

image.png.0da2298be96b8ddc02e48d954c00d1d3.png

You're looking at it backward.  It's not how much you blow out the top and bottom of the mask, but how much you suck in when you take a breath.  If you mask fits property, you are drawing your air through the mask, thus filtering out vapor particles that carry the virus.  Besides that, breath going up and down, is a lot better than breath directly in your face.  There are plenty of studies that show that masking has saved millions of lives.  Why did Asia have an easier time with Covid than the US?  Because they've been through the previous Sars epidemic and immediately masked up.  Here's a CDC study of Kansas after their governor implimented a mask mandate that some counties opted out of: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm.  Counties that masked saw a decrease, those that did not saw a 100% increase of Covid.

Look at the US if you need another example, when the country was for the most part masking, cases were going down, after FL, TX, etc. rescinded their mask orders, our case numbers are rising again.  A mask can even help you to get less sick if you get Covid because you take in lower viral load.  I saw an article in the New England Journal of Medicine that compared pre-mask and post mask America.  Post mask, not only were fewer people getting infected, but those that caught it suffered milder symptoms and fewer deaths.  Why?  Because even if your mask doesn't stop ALL the virus, it stops a lot more than if you weren't masked.  The symptoms of Covid brought on by a low viral load tend be not as acute and overall it's lot less deadly. 

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how do you know what I know, or don't?

show me the long term study on the effects of the virus. 

I know in total about 12 - 15 people who have died from Covid, primarily in the USA. Just found out today that my immigration attorney died in January from it, he was in his late 50's. I know people who have been in awesome shape, who it killed in about 60 days.

I know one person who had Covid about 6 months ago and is still struggling with it. They are sending her for MRI's and other tests as they believe it caused brain damage in her.

I know a number of people who have had it who no longer have sense of taste or smell, Some get it back, but I know about 20 who haven't.

Most people don't realize how many people, outside of the death toll, are continuing to struggle with the effects 6 months or more, after they are no longer testing positive.

Its a crazy bug. I know some who have had it who 10 days later feel awesome and no lingering effects. They know that Blood type A, per capita, are much more likely to develop severe effects and Blood Type O, are the least likely.

This is all searchable data, but there are also groups who are really downplaying the longer term effects and the truth is, we really don't know for sure what the long term on this is, we're only a year in. If the variants really take hold, we could see another couple of surges at least.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I know in total about 12 - 15 people who have died from Covid, primarily in the USA. Just found out today that my immigration attorney died in January from it, he was in his late 50's. I know people who have been in awesome shape, who it killed in about 60 days.

I know one person who had Covid about 6 months ago and is still struggling with it. They are sending her for MRI's and other tests as they believe it caused brain damage in her.

I know a number of people who have had it who no longer have sense of taste or smell, Some get it back, but I know about 20 who haven't.

Most people don't realize how many people, outside of the death toll, are continuing to struggle with the effects 6 months or more, after they are no longer testing positive.

Its a crazy bug. I know some who have had it who 10 days later feel awesome and no lingering effects. They know that Blood type A, per capita, are much more likely to develop severe effects and Blood Type O, are the least likely.

This is all searchable data, but there are also groups who are really downplaying the longer term effects and the truth is, we really don't know for sure what the long term on this is, we're only a year in. If the variants really take hold, we could see another couple of surges at least.

We have more experience with it that we ever wanted to as well in my family. I have to really watch how I engage with some people because it just takes me to a very dark place. 

But we also need to put out correct info, even when its just amongst a few people on CDC. 

• Vintage 1

Also keep in mind Guadette is going to get treatment from some of the best doctors in the world. They're likely going to dose him up with some much needed vitamins, proper prescriptions, access to trials that probably aren't available to us normies and so on and so forth. 

The kid has a lot going for him that extremely tilts the bar towards full recovery. Not to mention early detection will lead to preventative maintenance. 

He's in good hands. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We have more experience with it that we ever wanted to as well in my family. I have to really watch how I engage with some people because it just takes me to a very dark place. 

But we also need to put out correct info, even when its just amongst a few people on CDC. 

Absolutely!

• Cheers 1

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic