Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic


VegasCanuck
 Share

Recommended Posts

Funny enough as much as young folks wish to take umbrage about accusations that point fingers at them when ever you see  in the media/TV a party going on you rarely see old folks with walking canes up boogying, it's always young folks doing their best imitation of stupidity

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Funny enough as much as young folks wish to take umbrage about accusations that point fingers at them when ever you see  in the media/TV a party going on you rarely see old folks with walking canes up boogying, it's always young folks doing their best imitation of stupidity

While that may be true it’s just the visible problems and only a portion of that age group, grouping all young people together is just lazy. 
 

it’s like the fact that most of the non maskers around here are middle aged women - yet I wouldn’t say all middle aged women are the problem,

 

nor the fact that some elderly people who have been vaccinated here are clearly getting into my space and not social distancing. I wouldnt say all old people don’t respect social distancing.

 

it’s just lazy tropes. 
 

If we are going to group people the young often are the most visable and obvious level of stupid, but you also have your Karens and other people who are probably doing far more stupid things just not on a mass group visible scale 

Edited by UKNuck96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nucksownyou said:

Does Hamonic actually have it, too, or was he just a close contact and has to quarantine because of it?

Hope not. Honestly!

 

If I understand it right; his child has health issues, considered high risk. Its the reason he has made some of the decisions he has...

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So....  Gaud's wife is not happy a lot of ppl are showing some hate towards Adam... 

 

Well, I don't mean to judge here but we in the 20-30 age group gotta step up to protect the vulnerable elderly... He and/or his wife must have let their guard down!! I stopped hanging out with friends since April 2020... Only go outdoor hiking with my own household members.... Always mask up indoors, always sanitizing my hands... 

 

If you really make an effort to avoid Covid, it's effing doable!!! I just feel bad for senior home ppl, healthcare workers...  Horgan is right, a lot of young ppl are just being so selfish and ignorant!! It's like ppl can't live without partying... 

 

Sorry for ruining the mood here!! My family and I have done our part but evidently so many ppl still don't give a crap!!! 

  
 

First off, please tell me how Guadette caught covid.   You made a big statement by saying they let their guard down.   So how?   
 

Second, Horgan is an a hole. 
His statement the other day made him look like a total fool.  
Him and Bonny have completely destroyed these peoples lives.  Taking away their ability to make a living, then not helping after that. Both of which are destroying their mental health, then blaming the spread on them.....


You can go to the mall, go to school with hundreds of people, fly into and out of the country, go to work in construction, manufacturing, etc...... But we can’t have dinner with our spouses at a table together inside a restaurant......

These two wishy washy idiots with their fly by the seat of their pants plan is the problem. 

 

And lastly,   get off your high horse. 
 

Edited by drummerboy
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yikes, sounds like multiple players are now in COVID protocol.  Jeesh, hoping the best for everyone and their families.  No blame about who contracted it. how it was contracted just genuine best wishes for a healthy recovery for everyone.  Hockey is just a game, this virus can affect lives.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just updated the original post to include the link to tsn.ca article that multiple players testing positive. Sounds like 8 in total right now and at least one of the coaching staff.

 

Totally nuts!

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2021 at 3:16 PM, AbrasiveAjax said:

Tell that to the 128,000,000 people infected world wide and 2,500,000 dead peoples families Dazzle.

 

"They were obligated to know what they were touching"  

 

Good lord man, maybe a bit of compassion ?

Really? Dazzle wasn’t diminishing the fact that people are getting it at all. You’re just looking to react to anything aren’t you? You may need a timeout. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – Several more Vancouver Canucks players have entered the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol, according to reports across the league.

“I’m hearing that more Canuck players have tested positive,” The Athletic’s Rick Dhaliwal told Sportsnet 650 Friday morning. “I’m not surprised. I’m trying to get it confirmed, but when the league announces the COVID list today, could be an interesting number in Vancouver — that’s what I’ve been told.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2021 at 3:16 PM, AbrasiveAjax said:

Tell that to the 128,000,000 people infected world wide and 2,500,000 dead peoples families Dazzle.

 

"They were obligated to know what they were touching"  

 

Good lord man, maybe a bit of compassion ?

You misunderstood me. My comment was made while thinking about the players, not the general public. The onus for the players to avoid COVID is probably higher than regular people, given that they're in a separate bubble.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Really? Dazzle wasn’t diminishing the fact that people are getting it at all. You’re just looking to react to anything aren’t you? You may need a timeout. 

Yeah, I really didn't mean to 'blame' players for getting COVID. I just don't know how they could get it if they're supposed to be sanitized and tested every day.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, drummerboy said:

  
 

First off, please tell me how Guadette caught covid.   You made a big statement by saying they let their guard down.   So how?   
 

Second, Horgan is an a hole. 
His statement the other day made him look like a total fool.  
Him and Bonny have completely destroyed these peoples lives.  Taking away their ability to make a living, then not helping after that. Both of which are destroying their mental health, then blaming the spread on them.....


You can go to the mall, go to school with hundreds of people, fly into and out of the country, go to work in construction, manufacturing, etc...... But we can’t have dinner with our spouses at a table together inside a restaurant......

These two wishy washy idiots with their fly by the seat of their pants plan is the problem. 

 

And lastly,   get off your high horse. 
 

Safe to say the majority of BC people didn't catch covid because of luck and/or proper avoidance measures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Absolutely brutal, gotta feel for the guys 

 

Hopefully they all recover and there aren't lingering effects 

for sure. Yilkes.

 

Its not the most important thing, but I guess this is the end of the TDL for us as well. What a year. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Testing everyday does not stop you from getting covid, it just tells you faster that you caught it.

There is no bubble, they only had to follow the same rules as the general public afaik.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m thinking the same. As with anyone, I hope that all affected have a full recovery. Looking forward to next season. 

Why would the season be done unless the nhl shut things down?

 

All this means is the schedule is going to likely be pushed back a week or so and be super condensed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...