The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Petterson, Hughes, 2022 1st, and 2nd round 2022 for Eichel and Dahlin

2 minutes ago, Type R said:

Got a better idea!!  We flip you to the Sabres for a closet Canucks fan of theres :bigblush:

OP is a Sabres fan.

We can't trade what's theirs to them for what's theirs.

I hope I'm making more sense than the OP.

But yeah, no.

• Haha 1

Hmm, at first i thought you are crazy. But the more I thought about it the more I like it.

When it comes to skill and overall impact, Eichel > Petterson and Dahlin > Hughes.

I realize all the diehards will chew me out because Im choosing other players over our own drafted ones. To counter, I was one of the very few people who saw the potential in Petterson during his draft year while all of you wanted Vilardi or Glass. In terms of skills, skating, and power, there is no denying that Eichel is better and Eichel is a true center. 

When it comes to Dahlin, Hughes has better Offensive instinct. But Dahlin can play both of ends of the ice and doesn't need to be sheltered.

• Haha 1

No way I'd trade both Horvat and Miller.  Miller (although isn't one) is one of our better centers, and Bo is a beast on the draw, this would kill our depth.  You are also trading away the two leaders in our group that you would hope would show Eichel the ropes as he is showing he needs that.  As enticing as it is, I don't see him coming here because it would cost too much, and I'm not convinced he would replace the points needed.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Eichel is a $10 million cancer who in my opinion has chased other team mates away.  There's a growing mountain of evidence showing he's a self entitled jerk.  Hughes is currently better than Dahlin, there's barely 5 months between them in age.  

Why on earth do we do that?

Ya I'd LIKE an Eichel player, and I'd LOVE another d with Dahlins potential, but not at that price

Not sure what you are talking about Eichel being a cancer. But I see Eichel as more elite than Petey and his value is at an all time low. Dahlin is also low in value and though Hughes is better offensively, Dahlin is better defensively and is also very good offensively.

27 minutes ago, grimmjaw said:

Why? Only because Eichel and Dahlin are at an all time low when it comes to their value while Petterson and Hughes are high (not all time high). Plus, I believe Eichel and Dahlin to be superior players on a bad team with bad management and leadership group

The Nucks maybe sligthly better at the moment but our management is equally inepted....if Buffalo is that desperate which I doubt....then they would take JV, Sutter, Rooster, and heck I'll throw in Gaudette plus a 3rd rounder for those two 

3 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Not sure what you are talking about Eichel being a cancer. But I see Eichel as more elite than Petey and his value is at an all time low. Dahlin is also low in value and though Hughes is better offensively, Dahlin is better defensively and is also very good offensively.

There's a mountain of comments, statements about Eichel being a serious issue.  Entitlement, my way or the highway, i'm the star.  

Whether it's true or not, O'Reilly and a few former Sabres have weighed in without...weighing in so....

42 minutes ago, grimmjaw said:

Why? Only because Eichel and Dahlin are at an all time low when it comes to their value while Petterson and Hughes are high (not all time high). Plus, I believe Eichel and Dahlin to be superior players on a bad team with bad management and leadership group

1770079076_Toronto1.gif.06a5969fa03887cdb1120b0099c79903.gif

38 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Hmm, at first i thought you are crazy. But the more I thought about it the more I like it.

When it comes to skill and overall impact, Eichel > Petterson and Dahlin > Hughes.

I realize all the diehards will chew me out because Im choosing other players over our own drafted ones. To counter, I was one of the very few people who saw the potential in Petterson during his draft year while all of you wanted Vilardi or Glass. In terms of skills, skating, and power, there is no denying that Eichel is better and Eichel is a true center. 

When it comes to Dahlin, Hughes has better Offensive instinct. But Dahlin can play both of ends of the ice and doesn't need to be sheltered.

Our 1st & Olli Juolevi for Dahlin

43 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Pettersson and Hughes by themselves would probably get you close to getting Eichel and Dahlin.    Hughes is better than Dahlin right now anyways.

Why not go:

Horvat + Miller + 1st + Rathbone for Eichel?

Next Season:

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

Podkolzin-Pettersson-Virtanen

Roussel-Boyd-Gaudette

Hawylruk-Beagle-MacEwen

Eriksson

Schmidt-Myers

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Benn

Chatfield

Demko

Holtby

A year later, with Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel off the books, the Canucks will be able to attract some major UFA’s.

lol

When did this ever happen in Vancouver?

I honestly can't recall any UFA not from BC, deciding to sign with us.

Major UFAs don't come here. The only way for us to win is draft, develop, and make smart trades.  

Trading 4 pieces for one 10M player is not the way we are going to win as it exposes multiple holes that will be near impossible to fill.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, khay said:

lol

When did this ever happen in Vancouver?

I honestly can't recall any UFA not from BC, deciding to sign with us.

Major UFAs don't come here. The only way for us to win is draft, develop, and make smart trades.  

Trading 4 pieces for one 10M player is not the way we are going to win as it exposes multiple holes that will be near impossible to fill.

DAB23330-5E16-4358-8F28-F0B5FEC4D2AC.jpeg