The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Buff -Van

Who’d you do a trade of 

Rasmus Dahlin 

for

Kole Lind 

OJ

1st or 2nd round draft pick (if first top five protected). 

Buffalo does this as they get 2 good young pieces and a high draft pick.  

Vancouver does this to solidify their defensive for the next decade. 

is it close in value?

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I would. 

Buffalo wouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Vancouver fans probably jump all over this.  Sabres fans won't like it.
What you created just might be the new version of "Raymond, Ballard and a 1st" except the guys we're trading are only prospects.

I wouldn’t say that.  Each of those pieces are good piece.  OJ has top four potential and from the few games he’s played I thought looked good.  Kole is playing good hockey the last couple year and with him converting to a centre makes him a little more valuable.  That 1st rounder in my mind would be a top ten pick as well.  I am in agreement that Buffalo wouldn’t do it either but I don’t think it’s an unreasonable proposal either 

Just now, Nuckerfan1 said:

I wouldn’t say that.  Each of those pieces are good piece.  OJ has top four potential and from the few games he’s played I thought looked good.  Kole is playing good hockey the last couple year and with him converting to a centre makes him a little more valuable.  That 1st rounder in my mind would be a top ten pick as well.  I am in agreement that Buffalo wouldn’t do it either but I don’t think it’s an unreasonable proposal either

OJ doesn’t have amazingly, for certain potential and neither does Lind. 

Dahlin is just potential too but he has an extremely high potential and has already shown he has the capability of being a 50 point defenseman already. 

If they plan on trading Dahlin it won’t be for prospects that are already older than him either. He’s 20 and Lind/OJ are 2 years older than he is. They’ll want u20 top prospects and high picks. 

TBH Dahlin is young enough where he could stick around for their rebuild as well. 

If you wanted Dahlin without giving up one of our top young players prepare to part with Pod and/or Hog plus multiple high picks. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Dahlin is just potential too but he has an extremely high potential and has already shown he has the capability of being a 50 point defenseman already. 

If they plan on trading Dahlin it won’t be for prospects that are already older than him either. He’s 20 and Lind/OJ are 2 years older than he is. They’ll want u20 top prospects and high picks. 

TBH Dahlin is young enough where he could stick around for their rebuild as well. 

If you wanted Dahlin without giving up one of our top young players prepare to part with Pod and/or Hog plus multiple high picks. 

Yeah I am in agreement on probably having to part with Podz or Hog.  I was curious on how close the value was.  That is a good point on him being young enough to be around for another rebuild and I honestly hadn’t though of it from that perspective either 

Edited by Nuckerfan1

14 minutes ago, Nuckerfan1 said:

Yeah I am in agreement on probably having to part with Podz or Hog.  I was curious on how close the value was.  That is a good point on him being young enough to be around for another rebuild and I honestly hadn’t though of it from that perspective either 

Depends how good the pick we’d give up is. 

If it’s a top 10 pick then

Pod

1st(top 10)

2nd or one of our better prospects like OJ/Rathbone/etc

This would probably be equal value. 

If we are giving up a late 1st we probably have to add another significant piece like Hog/a conditional 1st/etc. 

Not really worth it IMO. We’re already set up at wing/LD in our prospect pool. We’d be set with Dahlin but we’d create more problems than we’d solve. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Depends how good the pick we’d give up is. 

If it’s a top 10 pick then

Pod

1st(top 10)

2nd or one of our better prospects like OJ/Rathbone/etc

This would probably be equal value. 

If we are giving up a late 1st we probably have to add another significant piece like Hog/a conditional 1st/etc. 

Not really worth it IMO. We’re already set up at wing/LD in our prospect pool. We’d be set with Dahlin but we’d create more problems than we’d solve. 

That’s fair.  Thanks for your insight on it :)

47 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That is the key.  Sabres hang up the phone if offered this.  Not because the Canucks offer are a bunch of useless players; but you don't trade a dollar for three quarters from the Sabres POV.  

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Nuckerfan1 said:

Who’d you do a trade of 

Rasmus Dahlin 

for

Kole Lind 

OJ

1st or 2nd round draft pick (if first top five protected). 

Buffalo does this as they get 2 good young pieces and a high draft pick.  

Vancouver does this to solidify their defensive for the next decade. 

is it close in value?

Buffalo laughs, farts in the receiver, and hangs up the phone.