The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The magic number thread

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

3 hours ago, bbllpp said:

I prefer looking at it like this:

If VAN wins all remaining games in regulation then the maximum available points in the division are:

TO: 76

WPG: 75

MTL: 75

VAN: 73

EDM: 70
CGY: 57

OTT: 48

The Canucks are still in charge of their own destiny.

They are not in charge of their own destiny, even if we they every game they’d still need the Habs to lose at least one, if the Habs also won all their games they’d be ahead of us by 2 points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They are not in charge of their own destiny, even if we they every game they’d still need the Habs to lose at least one, if the Habs also won all their games they’d be ahead of us by 2 points.

We have 5 games vs Edmonton win all our remaining games in Regulation we are ahead of Edmonton in the standings 

• Cheers 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:56 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ll try updating every night untill we’re officially in or out. 
For each team I have listed how many combined wins or Canucks losses they need to finish ahead of us in points.

.5 = loser point.

Ottawa: 19

Calgary: 16.5                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Montreal: 13

Edmonton: 9                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Winnipeg: 8.5

Toronto: 6.5

Combined games remaining:

Ottawa: 28

Calgary: 29                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Montreal: 31

Edmonton                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Winnipeg: 29

Toronto: 29

As of end of April 19th...................AP 20.....................................ap 21.............................AP 22..................etc

this is great

is it possible to leave the old numbersup while adding the new ones?

That way we can track our advancements or falls from contention

just an Idae

Edited by lmm
clairity

On 4/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, lmm said:

this is great

is it possible to leave the old numbersup while adding the new ones?

That way we can track our advancements or falls from contention

just an Idae

Thought about it but just adding numbers beside would make no sense, only way I could see it working so it would tell a story is graphs and I don’t think that’s possible.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Thought about it but just adding numbers beside would make no sense, only way I could see it working so it would tell a story is graphs and I don’t think that’s possible.

that is why I put dates at the bottom

oh well it will still be interesting

where is Shalon? that guy used to start his magic number thread in October

18 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Bad night tonight, refs screwed us calling dumb penalties against the Oilers.

The oilers deserved every call. Then they got a 4 minute double minor pp at the end of the game thst allowed them to almost tie it up. 

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

I agree. I watched the entire game and the habs took it to Edmonton. Mcjesus was pissed off all night. 

McDavid threw about 3 sneaky elbows that didn’t get called. Nailed Byron twice 

Edited by qwijibo

We still need to go about 10-5-0 to beat Montreal at this rate...but...Montreal have only 1 game against Ottawa and the rest against Edmonton and Toronto so you never know.

10-5-0 is pretty tricky, but we're 3-1-0 right now...break it down into smaller groups of 4-2-1 for example and that's much more attainable.

Fatigue will be the deciding factor here - can we maintain this current form or will the boys get drained, or conversely will the break help us compared to the other teams who will get tired later down the line (especially Montreal, but also Calgary who we will face with stretched-out games later in the year)?