The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Schmidt + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what next season would look like

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal]

####-Schmidt

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

-2 elite dmen (one young)

Ignoring the actual trade, because you don't trade your captain, this particular phrase was a surprise.

I'll give you Hughes, though it's looking increasingly likely that he's going to need a Tanev next to him for the whole of his career. But who out of Schmidt / Tryamkin / Juolevi and Myers are 'elite'?

So you suggest trading our captain, who is also a great 2C, a 1LW, a top D-prospect and a 1st rounder for an injury prone 1C with almost the same cap hit as the package combined, and filling the holes created by that move with UFAs? Not sure that sounds like a winning strategy. I wouldn't mind Eichel on the team, but the price is too steep.

Annalynne Mccord Comedy GIF by Pop TV

• Cheers 3

33 minutes ago, joe-max said:

So you suggest trading our captain, who is also a great 2C, a 1LW, a top D-prospect and a 1st rounder for an injury prone 1C with almost the same cap hit as the package combined, and filling the holes created by that move with UFAs? Not sure that sounds like a winning strategy. I wouldn't mind Eichel on the team, but the price is too steep.

Actually I am sure for Buffalo's perspective that wouldn't be enough. I would say this though a team would Eichel, Pettersson, and Hughes would prove to be a deadly and dangerous team. During the 2015 draft word around is that if Eichel wasn't drafted the same year as McDavid he would have gone first in any other year after 2005 except maybe Stamkos.

Will it leave a few more holes ? Perhaps but Eichel > Horvat, and Rathbone looks like he can be replaced. Miller will be a loss but I am not sure Canucks could afford Miller once his contract is up to begin with unless he signs for Toffoli money.

4 hours ago, Azzy said:

Ignoring the actual trade, because you don't trade your captain, this particular phrase was a surprise.

I'll give you Hughes, though it's looking increasingly likely that he's going to need a Tanev next to him for the whole of his career. But who out of Schmidt / Tryamkin / Juolevi and Myers are 'elite'?

Schmidt 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Actually I am sure for Buffalo's perspective that wouldn't be enough. I would say this though a team would Eichel, Pettersson, and Hughes would prove to be a deadly and dangerous team. During the 2015 draft word around is that if Eichel wasn't drafted the same year as McDavid he would have gone first in any other year after 2005 except maybe Stamkos.

Will it leave a few more holes ? Perhaps but Eichel > Horvat, and Rathbone looks like he can be replaced. Miller will be a loss but I am not sure Canucks could afford Miller once his contract is up to begin with unless he signs for Toffoli money.

I probably still wouldn’t make the Eichel deal for many of the reasons stated in this thread (ie too big of a hit in terms of team chemistry and depth), but MAN, this idea does have me thinking and pondering.    

An Eichel/Pettersson combo would put us up there with the Oilers, Leafs, Lightning, Avs, and Pens in terms of superstar combos:

-McDavid + Draisaitl 

-Matthews + Tavares + Marner + Reilly

-Crosby + Malkin + Letang

-Point + Stamkos + Hedman + Vasilevsky 

-Mackinnon + Raantanen + Landeskog + Makar

-Eichel + Pettersson + Boeser + Hughes + Demko

Eichel/Pettersson/Boeser/Hughes/Demko would put us in that tier.   Not only that, but with all of our bad contracts off the books before the start of the 2022-2023 season, you’d likely create a scenario in which UFA’s might actually be willing to take slight discounts in order to play for us.   

For example, why does Hampus Lindholm say no to coming to Vancouver in the 2022 summer?   What other good UFA’s would NOT look at Vancouver as a legit opportunity?

Podkolzin-Eichel-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Virtanen

###-###-###
Motte-Boyd-Gaudette

Lindholm-Schmidt 

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Dipietro

Or as the guys on 650 Sportsnet might say........I’m not saying, but I’m just saying...

Edited by DarkIndianRises

7 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Horvat + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what 2022-2023 would look like

Pure hypothetical, let’s say the above takes place.    After next season, when all of Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel are off the books, our core would look like the following:

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

####-Pettersson-Podkolzin

####-####-####

Motte-###-###

####-Schmidt

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

#####

-2 young Franchise centers

-2 elite dmen (one young)

-1 elite young goalie

If you are a UFA looking to join “the next big thing,” would YOU say no to the above based on the core pieces in tact?

That would be the worst trade in the Canuck 51 years?  

Horvat solid 200 foot player 24 -28 goals 60 points ---- Miller 6'1 - 1st line LW/ C --  60 -- 65 point

Rathbone 22 -- Top 3 D man soon -------- 1st round pick ? top 15...

Eichel -- Not equal to the four player your giving up...

Would make trade only if we get back --Eichel, 24 ---Dahlin 22 --- 2021 , 2nd rounder 32rd ----- 3rd rounder 2022..

We don't need to make tho trade so need this kind of return..

Horvat, Miller, Rathbone --- 1st rounder - Great for Buffalo...

Eichel 24 -- Dahlin  22-- 2021 -2nd rounder 32 overall pick -- 3rd rounder 2022 ---- Good for Vancouver

Dahlin would turn into a superstar D man -- Eichel would be a  85 point guy

Edited by wildcam
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

If you are a UFA looking to join “the next big thing,” would YOU say no to the above based on the core pieces in tact?

Honestly, if I was a UFA, I'd rather say yes to

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin

####-####-####

Motte-###-###

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

Honestly, if I was a UFA, I'd rather say yes to

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin

####-####-####

Motte-###-###

Motte has enough talent and great speed to play on 3rd line...

Miller - Petey -- Hoglander

Boeser -- Horvat -- Podkolzin

Motte ---Boyd ---  _Vesey______ -------Virtanen if not moved in off season---Lind

MacEwen - Beagle --________       Roussel - Gadjovich

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Motte has enough talent and great speed to play on 3rd line...

Miller - Petey -- Hoglander

Boeser -- Horvat -- Podkolzin

Motte ---Boyd ---  _Vesey______ -------Virtanen if not moved in off season---Lind

MacEwen - Beagle --________       Roussel - Gadjovich

Man.

Im feeling that 3rd line...

MOTTE - BOYD - VESEY

Dunno why... but I have a feeling this line will be dynamite.

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

Right now nobody on the team makes more than $6M. That’s going to change, but why make it worse?

If you trade for Eichel, and Petey outplays him, that pretty much guarantees that EP gets $10M+.

ep gonna get close to 10 regardless 

• Haha 1