The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Schmidt + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what next season would look like

15 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Horvat + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what 2022-2023 would look like

Pure hypothetical, let’s say the above takes place.    After next season, when all of Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel are off the books, our core would look like the following:

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

####-Pettersson-Podkolzin

####-####-####

Motte-###-###

####-Schmidt

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

#####

-2 young Franchise centers

-2 elite dmen (one young)

-1 elite young goalie

If you are a UFA looking to join “the next big thing,” would YOU say no to the above based on the core pieces in tact?

Worst proposal ive seen in years

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Worst proposal ive seen in years

Yes, god forbid, someone try and put together a realistic proposal in trying to land a franchise center to form a 1-2 combo with another franchise center in order to create something similar to what Pittsburgh had in its heyday.  Time to eat my poo flavored corn flakes as a result I guess.

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

This is the first time I've laughed at someone's post that wasn't meant to be funny, but this proposal is just simply laughable. What an overpayment. 

We can agree and disagree as to whether we should be going after Eichel or not (and FWIW, I probably wouldn’t make the Eichel deal for reasons stated in this thread by others), but you’re living in a fool’s paradise if you think the price tag for landing a young franchise center would be lower than what I suggested.  

2 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

We can agree and disagree as to whether we should be going after Eichel or not (and FWIW, I probably wouldn’t make the Eichel deal for reasons stated in this thread by others), but you’re living in a fool’s paradise if you think the price tag for landing a young franchise center would be lower than what I suggested.  

You've just simply overpaid with our captain 200ft player in Bo, our leading scorer and amazing assistant captain, a blue chip D prospect, AND a 1st. Maybe listen to everyone saying what I'm saying and you the only one proposing an overpayment. It's not us. It's you. 

• Cheers 1

Canucks have alot of good pieces.  Don't think it's worth it to swing for the fences for Eichel that would decimate our depth and prospect pool.  Would rather get Reinhart.  He's a good 2nd/3rd line centre and his salary fits in our current $$ structure. 

3 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Yes, god forbid, someone try and put together a realistic proposal in trying to land a franchise center to form a 1-2 combo with another franchise center in order to create something similar to what Pittsburgh had in its heyday.  Time to eat my poo flavored corn flakes as a result I guess.

Realistic , lol

Horvat plus Miller >>>>> Eichel as of right now.   The only thing that makes this better for us is long term, and that's worth consideration.    I think Buffalo is a complete underachieving mess.   

One deal i would consider, is Horvat plus  something for Dahlin.   That would replace Edler and yes we'd have to add.

DIR you are on to something, doubt the fanbase or management wants to go there but the idea of trading Horvat and Miller, slowing down things for awhile, maybe losing two years of playoffs as a result too, is a lot like what COL did when they traded Barrie and then Duchene.   Both these guys are close to becoming UFAs and getting paid the big bucks.    How many on this site truly believe we will win a cup before that happens?   Figure we have good odds at the playoffs next year in our own division.   Great odds the following year. If we want to extend our window, this sort of deal makes sense.   

Edit:  On Horvat.  Ten playoff goals "what are you going to do about Horvat" (reporter question to Berube lol priceless - leading goal scorer at the time and also on pace to set a club record)... Every other team in the league would love this guy.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Jester13 said:

You've just simply overpaid with our captain 200ft player in Bo, our leading scorer and amazing assistant captain, a blue chip D prospect, AND a 1st. Maybe listen to everyone saying what I'm saying and you the only one proposing an overpayment. It's not us. It's you. 

It might be me against the world, but just remember.......I know Kung Fu.  ;-)

In all seriousness I do get what you’re saying and it’s also the reason why I wouldn’t make this deal myself (although the idea is extremely tempting).  Sometimes, it’s just good to get arguments from the other side in order to re-enforce an existing opinion.

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Cheers 1

On 3/31/2021 at 12:22 AM, Azzy said:

Ignoring the actual trade, because you don't trade your captain, this particular phrase was a surprise.

I'll give you Hughes, though it's looking increasingly likely that he's going to need a Tanev next to him for the whole of his career. But who out of Schmidt / Tryamkin / Juolevi and Myers are 'elite'?

Eichel is not McDavid, Crosby or MacKinnon.  I would never make this trade.  I do agree that we need to find an elite defenseman to play with Hughes.  Tanev like in being responsible in his own end but still with some offensive capabilities.  Also, someone with some grit to be able to stand up for Hughes and his teammates.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

It might be me against the world, but just remember.......I know Kung Fu.  ;-)

In all seriousness I do get what you’re saying and it’s also the reason why I wouldn’t make this deal myself (although the idea is extremely tempting).  Sometimes, it’s just good to get arguments from the other side in order to re-enforce an existing opinion.

Kung-Fu is fun to watch on TV, they always kick-ass.   However in actual competition, they aren't used to being hit, and lose to Mauy Thai and boxers or any actual contact sports all the time.   It's a lot different in real life when contact occurs.   It's pretty funny watching one mixed martial artist who's actually being in the ring a bunch of times, go easy on these "experts" and destroy them.    I'd recommend Mauy Thai, done Karate and Tae Kwon Do, massive difference.   Sure Bruce Lee and a few other masters would likely do fine in actual contact.   But the vast majority, unless they've been trained taking a punch, would get destroyed my a middling Mauy Thai fighter or average boxer.   Not to denigrate the sport, but most are major pussies compared to the guys that accept contact and do it five times a week, without just going through the motions and three times a year putting on the pads for belt tests. 

Miller and Horvat are the boxers/Mauy Thai guys in this analogy.   Would rather keep two of those instead of one Kung-Fu master like Eichel lol - and yes sorry i'm just taking the piss out of you.   DIR, like i said before, the concept of trading both for sure had merit.   Still doubt the fanbase, ownership and management has the patience for it.   Would add two years to our "rebuild".     If done properly, it for sure could increase the odds of winning a cup, which is really the purpose right? 

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2021 at 10:49 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Horvat + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what 2022-2023 would look like

Pure hypothetical, let’s say the above takes place.    After next season, when all of Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel are off the books, our core would look like the following:

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

####-Pettersson-Podkolzin

####-####-####

Motte-###-###

####-Schmidt

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

#####

-2 young Franchise centers

-2 elite dmen (one young)

-1 elite young goalie

If you are a UFA looking to join “the next big thing,” would YOU say no to the above based on the core pieces in tact?

Dude, stick to EA NHL trades...

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Kung-Fu is fun to watch on TV, they always kick-ass.   However in actual competition, they aren't used to being hit, and lose to Mauy Thai and boxers or any actual contact sports all the time.   It's a lot different in real life when contact occurs.   It's pretty funny watching one mixed martial artist who's actually being in the ring a bunch of times, go easy on these "experts" and destroy them.    I'd recommend Mauy Thai, done Karate and Tae Kwon Do, massive difference.   Sure Bruce Lee and a few other masters would likely do fine in actual contact.   But the vast majority, unless they've been trained taking a punch, would get destroyed my a middling Mauy Thai fighter or average boxer.   Not to denigrate the sport, but most are major pussies compared to the guys that accept contact and do it five times a week, without just going through the motions and three times a year putting on the pads for belt tests. 

Miller and Horvat are the boxers/Mauy Thai guys in this analogy.   Would rather keep two of those instead of one Kung-Fu master like Eichel lol - and yes sorry i'm just taking the piss out of you.   DIR, like i said before, the concept of trading both for sure had merit.   Still doubt the fanbase, ownership and management has the patience for it.   Would add two years to our "rebuild".     If done properly, it for sure could increase the odds of winning a cup, which is really the purpose right? 

An old asian man once told me that Kung Fu nowadays is a dance (watered down) and doesn't teach the killing / crippling strikes.

• Patel Bure changed the title to [proposal] Schmidt + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what 2022-2023 would look like
  • Patel Bure changed the title to [proposal] Schmidt + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what next season would look like
On 3/30/2021 at 10:49 PM, Patel Bure said:

edit - proposal revised to swap Schmidt instead of Horvat

[proposal] Schmidt  + Miller + 1st and Rathbone for Jack Eichel, and what next season would look like

Pure hypothetical, let’s say the above takes place.    The Canucks also find a way to get rid of Eriksson (completely off the books) while signing Larsson.

Roussel-Eichel-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Virtanen

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin

Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Hughes-Larsson

Edler-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

#####

How would this look?

That defense is disgusting but ok.

15 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

That defense is disgusting but ok.

Defense would be disgusting but ‘passable’ I think.....Atleast for a year.  In the next off season in which Holtby, Beagle, etc. come off the books, the Canucks could add to their defense.  Canucks would be very dangerous in 2022-2023.

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

Defense would be disgusting but ‘passable’ I think.....Atleast for a year.  In the next off season in which Holtby, Beagle, etc. come off the books, the Canucks could add to their defense.  Canucks would be very dangerous in 2022-2023.

Defense wins....sexy centers get bounced. 

Can't spend the way out of problems with free agents to fix problems. That's a short term fix, long term problem.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

Why not Trade 

Miller, Schmidt, 1st in 2021, Woo

for 

Seth Jones, Boone Jenner

We get our 3c and 1d 

Sign Nugent Hopkins 6m x 5

Resign Edler  3m x 1 

Resign Hamonic 2m x 2 

Myers to Seattle in ED

Roussell BUYOUT