The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Thatcher Demko

Wow what a deal... Unbelievable. 

Benning Trolls b like... 'errrmaahhguurddd shoulda signed markstrom at 6x6! Fire Benning!"

One year shorter than Marky and one mill less... Wow. I'll go pray to lord Benning now... I'm not worthy! 

Get used to team friendly deals folks. This core absolutely loves this city and wants to bring us the cup. Buckle up, Jim has some more stellar deals up his sleeve... 

Price 10.5 mill lol... 

Love Jim's vision long term. All hail! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Demko at 5x5 >>>>> Markstrom at 6x6

And add that it's actually Demko at 1x1 and then 5x5 rather than Markstrom at 6x6. Can't forget about what we already had 'over the same period'.

For a better goalie imo.

Benning getting it done. Fair term, fair team building deal.

And still Loui Eriksson remains our highest paid player in cap hit :lol:

Demko is a major core piece, to lock him up at this price is a steal!! We're getting his prime years at a decent price. 

It's makes me feel a lot better that we could lock up Petey and Hughes at a reasonable price as well. B)

16 minutes ago, apollo said:

Wow what a deal... Unbelievable. 

Benning Trolls b like... 'errrmaahhguurddd shoulda signed markstrom at 6x6! Fire Benning!"

One year shorter than Marky and one mill less... Wow. I'll go pray to lord Benning now... I'm not worthy! 

Get used to team friendly deals folks. This core absolutely loves this city and wants to bring us the cup. Buckle up, Jim has some more stellar deals up his sleeve... 

Price 10.5 mill lol... 

Love Jim's vision long term. All hail! 

Its a good deal for Demko and the team. I wouldnt say it is a massive discount given by Demko though. 

If paying fair market price to buy a few UFA years from a still largely unproven goalie (albeit with massive potential to be a star) is the bar for a Benning signing being "remarkable", its no wonder people hate many of his signings.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Good deal for Demko and the team. Still not sure we needed Holtby for 2 years at his cap hit though. Hoping Van can offload him asap or lose him in expansion draft. Call Philly now Benning AV wants a goalie.

Ya the purpose of the second year was expansion bait. 

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Demko is a major core piece, to lock him up at this price is a steal!! We're getting his prime years at a decent price. 

It's makes me feel a lot better that we could lock up Petey and Hughes at a reasonable price as well. B)

Its not really a steal though. A good contract but not without risk and certainly not much of a discount based on what sane teams pay goalies.

Not many goalies are worth huge contracts imo.

Wow wee wow wow! Jim didn’t run out of time before getting this done before pick drop against Marky. It wasn’t by mistake that this was done right before we played Markstrom. Some mind game chess going on.  

Very solid deal in the crease for the next 5 seasons. Once MDP is primed and ready to be a #1 we have two goalies to go with or trade with a reasonable cap hit. Won’t go down that road yet, just nice to have that position locked up and in good hands for the foreseeable future. 

12 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Based on their performance this season, they should be willing to accept a reasonable offer. Both still have a lot left to prove.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1