The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Thatcher Demko

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

These clowns are always trying to offer up the smallest tidbit of info just to keep people interested in their takes. No clue why anyone listens to MacIntyre. He's fricking clown shoes.

A creepy clown at that

A0A1AA23-10A9-4167-8724-FA499EA25CCA.jpeg

349C215C-26EA-4461-9D3D-6CF6A2BFB5C0.png

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

6x6 for both. :emot-parrot:

I would like to see them both signed now rather than waiting. 6x6 might not be realistic given who their agent is though.

I expect Petey to be closer to 8 and Hughes 7 or so. Depends a lot on the term though. 8x5 and 7x5 if I were to venture a guess.

I dont think Hughes signs for less than or even the same as Myers, Schmidt, Edler, etc. EP will undoubtedly make the most on our team.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Huggy Bear 1

Excellent value with this deal. Benning did well here securing our goalie of the present and the future. Demko has already surpassed expectations in his 1st year as a starter even with the wonky defence system we have. He’s going to be a Vezina winner in the near future and for many years to come

• Cheers 1

5x5, damn. Really good deal. Was hoping for 6x6 but 5x5 is very good as well. If not better. He'll be 30/31 when it expires. So the next contract will potentially be the scary one. 5x5 is very friendly for us. Good term, great dollar. Especially for what he's given us. He's been similar to what Marky was for us the last 2 years. I love this deal.

MAH GOD WHERES THE BENNING H8TORS NAO?

It's a good deal but don't forget the reason this team won't be in the playoffs this year.  Most NMC/NTC, most expensive player on the AHL and at a time the most expensive player on the taxi squad.  

But got to give credit where it's do and walking away from Marky and locking Thatchy D up was all Aces on Jimbos part.