The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toddler found safe after 3 days lost in the woods

Mackcanuck

This isn't an April fools joke!

Incredible story!

Missing toddler found 'alive and well' in the woods after three-day search north of Kingston, Ont.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/missing-toddler-found-alive-and-well-in-the-woods-after-three-day-search-north-of-kingston-ont-1.5370152

In a statement to CTV News late Wednesday night, Leyton's grandfather Chris Fisher called the past few days a traumatic experience for the entire family, but said the family is "so happy to have our little Jude back."

"It was a miracle that he was found alive," he said. "He must have a very strong will to live to surive that horrendous rainy weather and cold on Sunday and Monday nights all alone in a very wild and treacherous area."

spacer.png

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

how the hell does a baby go missing exactly what the hell were the parents doing like drunk or wat? 

yeah, hope the parents get charged with child endargement, the parents need to be  taught this is not, ok.

IMO this just as bad, and maybe worse than leaving your kid locked in your car, while you pop into a store.

I would really like to know the parents story of how this happened.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Instead of prosecuting the parents without all the facts, I'm just going to be happy that the child is okay....

some kids are really slippery little runners at that age. But otoh the kids name is "Jude". So who knows. 

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Instead of prosecuting the parents without all the facts, I'm just going to be happy that the child is okay....

f, that. if your going to prosecute a kid left in a car alone without prejudice, then why should this be any different.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

some kids are really slippery little runners at that age. But otoh the kids name is "Jude". So who knows

The operative sentence. It's entirely possible that the parents were negligent....just as it's entirely possible that the kid snuck away.

We just don't know....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The operative sentence. It's entirely possible that the parents were negligent....just as it's entirely possible that the kid snuck away.

We just don't know....

no, that would also being negilgent. how long do you have to not pay attention to your child, before its deemed negligent?

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

no, that would also being negilgent. how long do you have to not pay attention to your child, before its deemed negligent?

You seem to be living in this fantasy world where children are constantly under the watchful eyes of at least one parent. While such a thing would be nice, sometimes reality gets in the way.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Because you don't seem to understand what looking after a three year old entails....

oh, i c.

your right suggesting that the kid shouldn't be left unsupervised in the middle of the forest means im likely to not be a parent.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You seem to be living in this fantasy world where children are constantly under the watchful eyes of at least one parent. While such a thing would be nice, sometimes reality gets in the way.

the harsh reality of being on vacation in the middle of the forest? how long do you have to not pay attention to your child, before its deemed negligent?

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh, i c.

your right suggesting that the kid shouldn't be left unsupervised in the middle of the forest means im likely to not be a parent.

Kids have an uncanny ability to just disappear at time.  

There are times when I'm going clothes shopping and my little 3 y/o just ducks in and somehow hides between the clothing racks and stuff.  Suddenly as a parent you've been forcibly recruited into a game of hide and seek... and you don't even know it.  

As for this particular case, I can't pass judgement since there is currently insufficient details.  That being said, I've watched Missing 411 enough that I never want to go into the wilderness with my kids.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It was inconvenient but certainly doable.  I was the parent with one eye on the kids at all times.

I made the conscious effort to keep an eye on them when outside of the house. 

Edited by BPA

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

Kids have an uncanny ability to just disappear at time.  

There are times when I'm going clothes shopping and my little 3 y/o just ducks in and somehow hides between the clothing racks and stuff.  Suddenly as a parent you've been forcibly recruited into a game of hide and seek... and you don't even know it.  

As for this particular case, I can't pass judgement since there is currently insufficient details.  That being said, I've watched Missing 411 enough that I never want to go into the wilderness with my kids.  

yes, i understand. a 3 year old male toddler  is constantly challenging their parents, they are lovable little s***s

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

It was inconvenient but certainly doable.  I was the parent with one eye on the kids at all times.

I made the conscious effort to keep an eye on them when outside of the house. 

yeah, it must have sucked to make the hard decisions of when playtime is over.