The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toddler found safe after 3 days lost in the woods

Mackcanuck

3 hours ago, skategal said:

How sad is it that instead of being joyful that the kid was found safe, people jump immediately (with no evidence) to target blame to the family and make assertions about poor parenting.  I thought this was such a great news story in amongst all the negativity about COVID we've had lately.  

I'm not a parent, but I know how fast kids can disappear.  I've seen parents frantic in malls looking for kids, I can't imagine a more terrifying feeling.  So glad it turned out well in this instance.  

For those of you rushing to blame - maybe find something else to focus your negativity on.  

Thanks skategal for both the thread and the best post in it.

Growing up we pretty much had free reign on our little farm. 7 of us kids and we never lost anyone. Maybe there was safety in numbers. Our parents always had a dog in our lives. Never thought about it but the dog was always with us on our adventures. My parents were always smarter than I thought. 

21 hours ago, skategal said:

How sad is it that instead of being joyful that the kid was found safe, people jump immediately (with no evidence) to target blame to the family and make assertions about poor parenting.  I thought this was such a great news story in amongst all the negativity about COVID we've had lately.  

I'm not a parent, but I know how fast kids can disappear.  I've seen parents frantic in malls looking for kids, I can't imagine a more terrifying feeling.  So glad it turned out well in this instance.  

For those of you rushing to blame - maybe find something else to focus your negativity on.  

Ahem

22 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I got lost at Expo 86 when I was a young lad. 

I blame god for letting it happen. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Imagine 5 families missing their kids at the same time.

I think I've seen this before.

So sad that the powers that be are more concerned about protecting whoever the perps were rather than pursuing justice.  

Meanwhile they throw the parents under the bus.  

On 4/1/2021 at 6:29 PM, Sharpshooter said:

I got lost at Expo 86 when I was a young lad. 

I blame god for letting it happen. 

I wasn't officially lost, but I remember zoning out at a display (I want to say it had Transformers) and then not being able to spot my parents for a few panicked moments while at Expo 86.  Apparently we've stumbled onto some sort of rite of passage for children born in the GVRD from say 1978 - 1984.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I wasn't officially lost, but I remember zoning out at a display (I want to say it had Transformers) and then not being able to spot my parents for a few panicked moments while at Expo 86.  Apparently we've stumbled onto some sort of rite of passage for children born in the GVRD from say 1978 - 1984.

*THE* best Transformers movie!  (**** the Michael Bay garbage) :P

(admit it....you cried too like me when Optimus died :()

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

On 4/1/2021 at 8:13 AM, Lancaster said:

Kids have an uncanny ability to just disappear at time.  

There are times when I'm going clothes shopping and my little 3 y/o just ducks in and somehow hides between the clothing racks and stuff.  Suddenly as a parent you've been forcibly recruited into a game of hide and seek... and you don't even know it.  

As for this particular case, I can't pass judgement since there is currently insufficient details.  That being said, I've watched Missing 411 enough that I never want to go into the wilderness with my kids.  

I was that missing child at one time, my family was camping at Bolean Lake, I was 5 got up before my parents, got dressed and left the tent, was missing for 2 days (thank god it was summertime) not the fault of my parents at all. Nothing they could’ve done differently, in my 5 year old mind I was getting up and going fishing, took my pole and just left and took a wrong turn on the path, that’s all it took to be lost, being lost wasn’t nothing compared to the spanking I got from my mom for scaring her 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1