The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Tyler Ennis, Nikita Gusev, Matt Luff

We don't have any cap space next year to take on any other players.  I don't even know how they are considering negotiating with Pearson unless they have a plan for some buyouts (Holtby and others) or something else up their sleeves.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Is Elliotte being paid by the number of tweets he makes?

Weird beard.   Man that guy.   Looks like this without it.  "It's a Trap" Strange he's gone from a guy that used to stand so close to Jovo you'd think he wanted to kiss him, to one of the best insiders in hockey.   That said overtaking McKenzie you'd need to have quite the face to do that. mitt romney face GIFIts A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Jake might have his issues, but Gusev at Height/Weight: 5' 9"/163 lbs and -27 the last 2 seasons  ? 

No thanks, i'll take JV's defensive play, size and speed come playoffs when it counts.

Last years top 2 leading goal scorers were Nikita Kucherov and Brayden Point, both around 5'10-5'11 and 183 lbs. Gusev had 44 points in 66 games last season and had 82 points in 62 games in his final KHL season which he on top added 19 points in 18 playoff games.

Not saying Gusev will become either of those players, but he's a lot more potential in doing so than JV and we could use some offensive flair right now. Plus his contract ends this season, so there really isn't much risk in giving him a shot if we have the cap space to do so (which I find to be the biggest hurdle here).

With that said, I disagree with moving out JV for Gusev. However, talking about JV's playoff performance when it counts was said last playoffs as well and it was underwhelming to say the least.

If Gusev does clear waivers, I'd be curious if they'd swap him with Baertschi.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Last years top 2 leading goal scorers were Nikita Kucherov and Brayden Point, both around 5'10-5'11 and 183 lbs. Gusev had 44 points in 66 games last season and had 82 points in 62 games in his final KHL season which he on top added 19 points in 18 playoff games.

Not saying Gusev will become either of those players, but he's a lot more potential in doing so than JV and we could use some offensive flair right now. Plus his contract ends this season, so there really isn't much risk in giving him a shot if we have the cap space to do so (which I find to be the biggest hurdle here).

With that said, I disagree with moving out JV for Gusev. However, talking about JV's playoff performance when it counts was said last playoffs as well and it was underwhelming to say the least.

If Gusev does clear waivers, I'd be curious if they'd swap him with Baertschi.

I only meant because we're already a small team and i'd rather add size for our future cup runs than another small fwd.

JV wasn't great in the POs last year, but 2 yrs from now when we contend i expect he'll be a solid middle 6 contributor.

5 hours ago, Jayinblack said:

Jake might have his issues, but Gusev at Height/Weight: 5' 9"/163 lbs and -27 the last 2 seasons  ? 

No thanks, i'll take JV's defensive play, size and speed come playoffs when it counts.

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF