The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) I'm bored

Elias Pettersson to the Rangers for K'Andre Miller, Braden Schneider, and a 2nd rounder

Trading Petey would hurt but to get something good, one has to give up something good. It would also eliminate one big ticket item, giving us some cap relief to add more. NY moved up in the 2017 draft to get Petey. Unfortunately for them, JB scooped him up first. They have superstar caliber wingers, Petey gives them a superstar center to solidify their top-six. Some might say Petey's worth more but getting 2 young defenders from 1 team is a big ask.

We get a solid, young defensive blueliner to match up with Hughes,,a gritty defender with good scoring ability to develop, and a high pick that JB can work his magic with.

Brandon Sutter 2.5 retained, 2nd rnd pick to Edmonton for Jujhar Khaira

With money retained, Sutter becomes a viable, depth center for Edmonton.

The fact that Sutter is, more than likely, a rental while we get a player that's still under RFA status makes the 2nd round pick a controllable asset for them.

We get some, much needed, real grit in our bottom six and we all know the love we have for hometown boys.

Hoagy               Miller              Flow

Pearson            Horvat            Podz

Khaira               Lind                Virtanen

Motte                Beagle            Macewen

Roussel

Huggy               Miller

Rathbone         Schneider

Schmidt            Myers

Juolevi

Demko

Dipietro

Overall, a more solid, balanced line up.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

@komodo0921

Listen, I am the king of $hitty proposals...........get your own gig!

PS..........Miller is a LHD

No your the King OF trade Proposals.   

Don't let this guy take your mojo...DIR is a decent second in command too!  Keep it up.

Here is mine, since we are targeting the NYR:  Laffrenniere, plus Kandre Miller and a second - for EP.  

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I’m bored I propose trading our franchise player lmao

Join a fantasy pool 

Just for the record.......I am not sure you noticed but this is a fantasy site for the most part..........

I mean, other than stats, and reporting covid

What isn't fantasy?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just for the record.......I am not sure you noticed but this is a fantasy site for the most part..........

I mean, other than stats, and reporting covid

What isn't fantasy?

Oh I’ve noticed. I come and check out the trash now and then 

• Haha 1

@janisahockeynut

Tbh though I don’t mind the more realistic stuff. I just have a hard time pretending to trade some of these guys like Pettersson or Boeser. It hits more home when it’s a forum, half the time it means the user actually wants to trade them. Fantasy pools are more like actual fantasy teams that you manage where this is like pretending to eff with my team hahaha I take it to heart sometimes.

But open to stuff that actually makes sense. Deadline Acquisitions, mock drafts etc. Trading character franchise players, meh not for me and I have to laugh at them sometimes 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Oh I’ve noticed. I come and check out the trash now and then 

I don't know

I sort of have two MO's here

one is when I am being serious

The other is sort of a fun type of thing where I throw out proposals

to see if anything sticks

I take other proposals the same way

I mean, GM's make real proposals in real life

that make as much sense to us

and I honestly have not heard anyone of us

be asked to join a real NHL hockey club because we are genius's

So, generally, I take the proposal section with a grain of salt 

But try not to rain on anyone parade I have a decent amount of hockey experience

but, I am far from perfect on here......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

@janisahockeynut

Tbh though I don’t mind the more realistic stuff. I just have a hard time pretending to trade some of these guys like Pettersson or Boeser. It hits more home when it’s a forum, half the time it means the user actually wants to trade them. Fantasy pools are more like actual fantasy teams that you manage where this is like pretending to eff with my team hahaha I take it to heart sometimes.

But open to stuff that actually makes sense. Deadline Acquisitions, mock drafts etc. Trading character franchise players, meh not for me and I have to laugh at them sometimes 

I agree with you....but

When players like Gretzky can be traded how can you dismiss any trade proposal that has equal value?

If you had been in Edmonton before that trade you would have heard Edmontonians laugh at the idea

yet it really happened..........

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I agree with you....but

When players like Gretzky can be traded how can you dismiss any trade proposal that has equal value?

If you had been in Edmonton before that trade you would have heard Edmontonians laugh at the idea

yet it really happened..........

No but I guess I couldn’t fantasize about it. And I would literally lose my crap. I would have hated being an Oilers fan at that time

@Devron44

Since I have you here.........let me share a thought of mine here with you........

Quinn Hughes................

I am luke warm on him, as a I think he is a top 5 offensive defenseman in the league

with bottom 5 defensive capabilities............

It is not all that he doesn't have defensive IQ, but that he is too small to box out or handle the big forwards

My question and point is, that when building a team

I like more 2 way dmen, that can do both

So, is he a perfect fit for me......no

So, his value to me is less than what you may have him at

what do you think of his value?

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

No but I guess I couldn’t fantasize about it. And I would literally lose my crap. I would have hated being an Oilers fan at that time

Well, yeah, even as a Canuck fan, I was like what the %#^#@@?

But to me, when people say, that will never happen, I use history to prove them wrong

Normally they can't defend their position when that is brought up, so they ignore that POV

Because it is convenient, to their current opinion (aka argument) 

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1