The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested with 2-3 year deal with Pearson

Heard this last night while I was watching the Edm-Mtl intermission on TSN (and obvs they were talking about potential good fits for Toronto's forward group smfh).. Dreger was saying that Pearson was a great fit for Toronto, but that he sees Pearson staying in Vancouver, signing a short 2-3 year deal with a smaller AAV. Take it with a grain of salt I guess? 

A 2-3 year term for Pearson is palatable as long as his cap hit is appreciably lower than what it is now.  My guess is it will take at least limited trade protection also.  They should really sign this after expansion however...

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

Only keep Pearson if we can get him for 3 million per season, otherwise, deal him for a decent pick. Edler should also get dealt for a very decent pick as well.

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

3x3/3.5 I’d be happy. Guy’s been a solid 2nd line winger for us. If he gets pushed to the third then we’re laughing. 

Thats still bad, he a forth liner on the Avs, Knights, Lighting, the only reason he is a top six player on this team is because we don;t have any legit top 6 players beside,Miller, Boeser, Petey Bo,

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1
3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Thats still bad, he a forth liner on the Avs, Knights, Lighting, the only reason he is a top six player on this team is because we don;t have any legit top 6 players beside,Miller, Boeser, Petey Bo,

That’s just not true. 

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

For the sake of giving Bo some continuity of line mates I’d be fine with Pearson staying. Agree that as our prospects join in a perfect work he’s a 3rd line player. You know what you have at least.