The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested with 2-3 year deal with Pearson

7 hours ago, wildcam said:

Your kidding ? lol

Playing 16:15 mins per game -- GP 33 -- points 11 -- Also playing beside Horvat.... Not worth more then 1.1 million X 1 yr...

Pearson is a 3rd line winger, we have lots of them ... Trade and only re sign for under 1.3 million....Cap needs to be under control...

Summer 2021  Sign - Petey and Hughes

Summer 2022  Sign - Boeser

Summer 2023 Sign - Horvat  and Miller ..

Summer 2021 - Cap Spacen 24 million

1. Demko - 5 million  Signed

2. Petey -- 7.5 million  X 3 yrs-- Compared to Barzal NYI - 7 million

3. Hughes  7 million X 3 yrs

4. Podkolzin - 950,000 X 3 yrs entry level -- Play beside --- Horvat 

5.Juolevi - 900,000 X 2 yrs

6.Vesey -  900,000  X 1 yr -show me more

7.Boyd -  850,000 X 1yr

8 Gaudette - 900,000 X 1 yr

9. Hamonic - 1.9 - 2.2 million X 2 yrs-- No trade discount   ---- Need to sign  Hughes D partner

Pearson is only a 3rd line winger ..1.3 million  -- No money for him...

So what you are saying is a player is only as valuable as the points they put up? 

Tanner needs to be traded and not given a new deal.

That being said, I can’t wait for Jimbo to overpay and give him 3 years x 3.25-3.5M with trade protection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, wildcam said:

Your kidding ? lol

Playing 16:15 mins per game -- GP 33 -- points 11 -- Also playing beside Horvat.... Not worth more then 1.1 million X 1 yr...

Pearson is a 3rd line winger, we have lots of them ... Trade and only re sign for under 1.3 million....Cap needs to be under control...

Summer 2021  Sign - Petey and Hughes

Summer 2022  Sign - Boeser

Summer 2023 Sign - Horvat  and Miller ..

Summer 2021 - Cap Spacen 24 million

1. Demko - 5 million  Signed

2. Petey -- 7.5 million  X 3 yrs-- Compared to Barzal NYI - 7 million

3. Hughes  7 million X 3 yrs

4. Podkolzin - 950,000 X 3 yrs entry level -- Play beside --- Horvat 

5.Juolevi - 900,000 X 2 yrs

6.Vesey -  900,000  X 1 yr -show me more

7.Boyd -  850,000 X 1yr

8 Gaudette - 900,000 X 1 yr

9. Hamonic - 1.9 - 2.2 million X 2 yrs-- No trade discount   ---- Need to sign  Hughes D partner

Pearson is only a 3rd line winger ..1.3 million  -- No money for him...

And the year before he had 45 in 69. He’s 28 years old and consistently produced around half a point a game. That’s a second line winger on most teams in the league. Not only that he plays both ends of the ice well. 

He’s not old. He’s not a liability. He’s a steady producer. I have 0 problem with Benning giving him a 3 year deal. 

• Cheers 2

There's nothing wrong with trading players for picks when it's the right time, but this fan base always wants to trade all the pending ufa's for picks. Sometimes you need to keep players...if you lose players, you need to replace them. Will you find someone as good or better? Sometimes, sometimes not. The grass isn't always greener!

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, IRR said:

There's nothing wrong with trading players for picks when it's the right time, but this fan base always wants to trade all the pending ufa's for picks. Sometimes you need to keep players...if you lose players, you need to replace them. Will you find someone as good or better? Sometimes, sometimes not. The grass isn't always greener!

Pearson is more about cap place holding then anything else at this point.   Teams going to be waiting for LE and Luongo to go...and Holtby.    That's the time to strike.   Looking at all the UFAs this year, there might be a better LW option but it's nothing to be excited about (Ovi isn't coming lol)....one more season....in the meantime JB isn't going to waste a year and for sure playoffs will be the goal next season in our own division.   

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd be fine with 2-3 yrs at 2.5M. Pearson is having a bit of a down year, but is still a good player. 

Pearson isn't as easily replaceable as some may think, your not losing the asset, and in isolation it's good value at that AAV. 

For sure it is...but will it be that low? 

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

And the year before he had 45 in 69. He’s 28 years old and consistently produced around half a point a game. That’s a second line winger on most teams in the league. Not only that he plays both ends of the ice well. 

He’s not old. He’s not a liability. He’s a steady producer. I have 0 problem with Benning giving him a 3 year deal. 

Hmmm.   TT would have been an upgrade but not a massive one.   Pearson is a career middle six guy, he didn't play a heavy game last playoffs..yes he has his moments, and he should be writing x-mas cards to both JB and especially TG for the rest of his life as he was closed to getting waived in PIT.   To me he's not much different then Hamonic or Stetcher.   A serviceable player that deserves a chance to prolong his career, but a three year deal has possible waiver fodder all over it.   Team has cheaper options both on the team now (Motte) and waiting in the wings.    Personally i thought Pearson had a good start to the playoffs and then both him and TT were ghosts against Vegas.    Rather try someone else.   And wait until we can actually provide Horvat with a quality winger.   I'm not opposed to a two year deal if the price is right (JV's range), because we can't afford to buy Horvat a quality winger (yet).    For sure he deserves one.    He's had a decent career, but i'm not sentimental about him at all, and don't think he's a top six guy on a good team.

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hmmm.   TT would have been an upgrade but not a massive one.   Pearson is a career middle six guy, he didn't play a heavy game last playoffs..yes he has his moments, and he should be writing x-mas cards to both JB and especially TG for the rest of his life as he was closed to getting waived in PIT.   To me he's not much different then Hamonic or Stetcher.   A serviceable player that deserves a chance to prolong his career, but a three year deal has possible waiver fodder all over it.   Team has cheaper options both on the team now (Motte) and waiting in the wings.    Personally i thought Pearson had a good start to the playoffs and then both him and TT were ghosts against Vegas.    Rather try someone else.   And wait until we can actually provide Horvat with a quality winger.   I'm not opposed to a two year deal if the price is right (JV's range), because we can't afford to buy Horvat a quality winger (yet).    For sure he deserves one.    He's had a decent career, but i'm not sentimental about him at all, and don't think he's a top six guy on a good team.

Also like to add his term and money are the only things that matter as far as this been a good deal for the team.   Personally would rather we trade him to TO...for a second or a Bplus prospect.  Look at Leivo, he managed the same when here getting similar minutes in the top six didn't he?   Also sure he scored 48 points in 69 games and wow that was great.   How many of them were empty net points though? 

Just now, IBatch said:

Also like to add his term and money are the only things that matter as far as this been a good deal for the team.   Personally would rather we trade him to TO...for a second or a Bplus prospect.  Look at Leivo, he managed the same when here getting similar minutes in the top six didn't he?   Also sure he scored 48 points in 69 games and wow that was great.   How many of them were empty net points though? 

We could free up that cap space, and look for a deal like JB got with Hamonic, or replace Motte and promote him.   Or plays Podz. Or Lind.   Options.   Save the money for when we need it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, b3. said:

Tanner needs to be traded and not given a new deal.

That being said, I can’t wait for Jimbo to overpay and give him 3 years x 3.25-3.5M with trade protection.

Yeah let’s trade his busted ankle, good one 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah let’s trade his busted ankle, good one 

Well...yeah it does suck.    Doesn't mean we have to sign him either.    I have zero clue what sort of moxy he's got with the team, but like others do understand trepidation when it comes to signing UFAs.   JB says the team is two years away.    So don't make it a three year deal please.