The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[trade] Palmieri and Zajac to Islanders

Been watching some Isles this year, and they've looked really, really good for stretches- adding these two to the top-9 should make them more consistent in that regard.

Will be a challenge for them in the first round regardless - playing either Pitts with Malkin back or Boston..

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Been watching some Isles this year, and they've looked really, really good for stretches- adding these two to the top-9 should make them more consistent in that regard.

Will be a challenge for them in the first round regardless - playing either Pitts with Malkin back or Boston..

Isles are the best coached team in the league and really it's not even close.   I can't remember when a new coach has come in and made such an impact on goals against like Trotz did when he arrived, it hurt some players stats (Barzal in particular but that also had to do with losing Tavares and taking on the best of the best night in night out too), but wow it was eye popping stuff.   Trotz is a worthy HHOF coach when he retires. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Isles are the best coached team in the league and really it's not even close.   I can't remember when a new coach has come in and made such an impact on goals against like Trotz did when he arrived, it hurt some players stats (Barzal in particular but that also had to do with losing Tavares and taking on the best of the best night in night out too), but wow it was eye popping stuff.   Trotz is a worthy HHOF coach when he retires. 

I think the Canes and Panthers have a good case for best coached team, especially the Canes. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Trotz is a legend.

Really good addition, and to bring in two pieces that fit well with their disciplined system and replace the injured Lee for a 1st and a couple of projects is pretty good.

Most of their young kids are already contributing too and should be able to afford to give up a small future asset (likely a late 1st) to make a run this year, as they have.

Wonder what Hall and other pending UFA's will go for, now that this trade has been done.

Isles needed to add and went out and did so, I'd give them the edge on this deal. Wouldn't mind if they were the eastern conference team that made it to the final, better them than Toronto. It's not as if the Isles have won recently either. 

Edited by Coconuts