The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[trade] Palmieri and Zajac to Islanders

24 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't hate the Sedin's...I don't know where you get that from. And, I will tell you Petey, my thoughts are well thought out and intentional............

I try to have posters see there are 2 sides, and 2 directions............neither are wrong in a forum environment

People that do not see that, IMO, are not hockey fans, but could be Canuck fans

Just for the record.........the Sedin's were incredible, but far from complete hockey players

In saying that, we were lucky to have them

I am confused with your comment, you usually have a broader view. Sorry I have to say this, But felt there was a personal poke there?

you know who also didn't get into dirty situations Joe Sakic, Gretzky ,crosby,oates,zetterberg,datsyuk,backstrom,larionov,krejci,carter,kopitar they all won a cup.

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

well, i don't understand it. and thats probably why we don't see eye to eye here.

To relax for a minute.......let me explain my position

I love the Canucks

I have listened to them since they were in the WHL, playing against Seattle, LA, Portland etc.

I used to listen to them on my Crystal radio, which was attached to my bed frame (yes, I am that old)

I have played for 55 years, and am still playing at 63 minus covid

I have watched every player ever to play on the NHL Canucks and met more than a few

I have coached House and Rep Hockey

My favorite all time Canuck was Pavel Bure, followed by Trevor Linden, and Stan Smyl

I have a special place in my hockey heart for Rick Rypien and Curt Fraser

The greatest hockey player I have ever seen play hockey is Bobby Orr

I think Aqualini had some hand in picking Jake Virtanen, and signing Loui Eriksson

My favorite Hockey players are my son, and my grandson

My greatest hockey joy is watching novice hockey players play hockey on ice

I pray every year our Vancouver Canucks be contenders and win the Stanley Cup
I really like Bennings over all drafting

I really like some of the posters here on CDC. There is a multitude of knowledge here

Some times we agree to disagree, sometime there is private messages that explain why they have said things

I take that as respect and hope I give it to them as well...........

I absolutely hate in your face people in general, but posters in particular

and I remember the lessen my dad taught me...........never start a fight just make sure you finish them

and I try real hard on here to deal with fact or I explain my position......

I hate the words No, and Can't that come without explanation

I also try to respect the newer posters on here, and let them have their say

All and all, I love this place (CDC) and it has helped me get through some tough times (a heart attack and Cancer)

I hope we can become respectful advisories or even friends at some point on these boards

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Hydration 1
1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thanks for pointing out the difference for me!

im usually fair in my inclusions, but my point is that there is a place for lady Byng players. they took take alot of cheap shots maybe more than any other 1st line center, and yet they somehow got more penalties called against them then they drew in the playoffs. more than 2/1. sometimes you have to realize that some players are favored over others by the refs.

tampa bay lightning and canucks had 7 players each who got the least amount of calls in the 2010/2011 playoffs, boston had 4 players, san jose 2.

lecavlier had 4 times as many calls against him than he drew that year.

funny, you cant see team statistics for the playoffs on nhl.com you have to track them yourself.

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/real-or-fake-15-nhl-conspiracy-theories-and-the-truth-behind-them/

they ain't ruling out number 6

im going to ask you if your team has the best pk more penalties being called at home would probably would effect you less right? the same question if you have the best powerplay but fewer penalties are called at home that would be disadventageous right?

30 penalties called in vancouver for 4 games 48 called in boston for 3 games. my favorite missed call was when raymond got his back broken.

• Hydration 1
16 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

im usually fair in my inclusions, but my point is that there is a place for lady Byng players. they took take alot of cheap shots maybe more than any other 1st line center, and yet they somehow got more penalties called against them then they drew in the playoffs. more than 2/1. sometimes you have to realize that some players are favored over others by the refs.

tampa bay lightning and canucks had 7 players each who got the least amount of calls in the 2010/2011 playoffs, boston had 4 players, san jose 2.

lecavlier had 4 times as many calls against him than he drew that year.

funny, you cant see team statistics for the playoffs on nhl.com you have to track them yourself.

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/real-or-fake-15-nhl-conspiracy-theories-and-the-truth-behind-them/

they ain't ruling out number 6

im going to ask you if your team has the best pk more penalties being called at home would probably would effect you less right? the same question if you have the best powerplay but fewer penalties are called at home that would be disadventageous right?

30 penalties called in vancouver for 4 games 48 called in boston for 3 games. my favorite missed call was when raymond got his back broken.

I have no problem with Lady Bing players

I have a problem with lazy, no back check players

The Sedin's were tough as nails

But, Henrik should have batted Thornton's hand away from his face

and then at least looked at the ref

I am sure he would not have allowed that at home

Allowing your self to be a victim is not tough

But getting up is

I am not saying in any way, that the Sedin's did not significantly contribute

They were magic offensively

Defensively, they were suspect, Daniel in particular

But let's not beat on them, they are in a very select group of Canuck stars

and had some crazy para-normal skills

I would have traded them

you would not have

I am sure there are more in your corner than in mine in this case

It is a very subjective argument, where no one is wrong

and nothing can be proven...........let's move on, if you don't mind

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

Well Craig Button, who's been referenced quite a bit here as a genuis draft guru, had him at 18.   Virtually all the names/groups that matter had him in the teens, not in the top ten or top five.  Number 9 just for North American skaters ... He was considered a blue chip "two-way" C.    

From what I remember from early on in his draft year and the year prior he was very highly touted. It was just my own take at the time from watching some of his games. The Canucks were in huge need of a future #1 C and in my view, Barzal definitley had that type of ceiling and was much better than some of the prospects drafted before him. Can't really complain when you end up with Brock Boeser at 23. We got our #1 C in the draft 2 years later. Wouldn't change a thing in hindsight. 

Button wants to be different. He has his own take on prospects and is not afraid to show it by his rankings. Not really my go to guy for prospects but always appreciate his take on things. Sometimes it's a good marker for who not to pick.

15 hours ago, BPA said:

The ones who should be kicking themselves is BOS.  They had the 3 consecutive picks at #13-15 before Isles drafted Barzel at #16.

Lol.

Oh yes. Picks 16-19 was Matt Barzal, Kyle Connor and Thomas Chabot. The 3 picks after Boston had 3 picks in a row. Boston ended up with Zach Senyshyn, Jakob Zboril, and Jake DeBrusk. That's an ouchie ouch if I've ever seen one. 

• Hydration 2

the nucks got robbed of two early powerplays, the first missed call for boston was a one handed slash(probably not a penalty but it could have been)

I saw no missed penalties in the second period.

the first goal by recchi he was taken down (penalty) but he punched the puck and then gave it a second swipe with his hand.

third period was all about hansen getting frustrated by being high sticked twice with no calls, then retaliates and gets called.

you never knew what they would call a penalty, it was pretty bad. the penalty that sedin drew wasn't half as bad as at least 6 other missed calls.

1stmissedcall.JPG.c0176203920dea9d156ce418d235b10b.JPG2ndmissedcall.JPG.c02e0c1bcea7f422b4686d92c4398e49.JPG3rdmissedcall.JPG.2ccc232089877cd665ca6d2111b678b0.JPG4thmissedcall.JPG.d12cbf929d4ec11fd4d4b856f4e9cdd8.JPG5th6thmissedcall.JPG.c32f15e4571f51fb78c8e5150cb5b5af.JPG5th6thmissedcall2.JPG.515c8521e6df931e993110666a356fb3.JPG7thmissedcall.JPG.2e5d6ac02af88a3e19dceb56777c7bd4.JPG1stpenalty.JPG.a753de11d25af009f851594d7b2bfcfe.JPG8thmissedcall.JPG.43053662d5c30f4b506b2fe80277f741.JPG2ndpenalty.JPG.da012a18ca623ade5ed5aab40336e924.JPG9thmissedcall.JPG.7f2a038abdde4f183249d025fa985b11.JPG10thmissedcalltmm.thumb.JPG.a670b8a407cfd6e83e7b15f2a80f263a.JPG11thmissedcall.JPG.7279b906eddbcfadb548a627515080a2.JPG3rdpenalty.JPG.f71908d0e9c9f2b6b78b2c97ce48713f.JPG

Edited by Petey_BOI
On 4/7/2021 at 8:10 PM, IBatch said:

Does this mean Pearson and Sutter are worth a first round pick together?   Lol.   One could dream. 

There was an article not too long ago which said Toronto could pay a 1st for Pearson alone...

Sign and trade? 

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Me_ said:

There was an article not too long ago which said Toronto could pay a 1st for Pearson alone...

Sign and trade? 

Just never know this is hockey.   Doubt it though, probably just a writer making stuff up. 

On 4/9/2021 at 5:45 AM, janisahockeynut said:

To relax for a minute.......let me explain my position

I love the Canucks

I have listened to them since they were in the WHL, playing against Seattle, LA, Portland etc.

I used to listen to them on my Crystal radio, which was attached to my bed frame (yes, I am that old)

I have played for 55 years, and am still playing at 63 minus covid

I have watched every player ever to play on the NHL Canucks and met more than a few

I have coached House and Rep Hockey

My favorite all time Canuck was Pavel Bure, followed by Trevor Linden, and Stan Smyl

I have a special place in my hockey heart for Rick Rypien and Curt Fraser

The greatest hockey player I have ever seen play hockey is Bobby Orr

I think Aqualini had some hand in picking Jake Virtanen, and signing Loui Eriksson

My favorite Hockey players are my son, and my grandson

My greatest hockey joy is watching novice hockey players play hockey on ice

I pray every year our Vancouver Canucks be contenders and win the Stanley Cup
I really like Bennings over all drafting

I really like some of the posters here on CDC. There is a multitude of knowledge here

Some times we agree to disagree, sometime there is private messages that explain why they have said things

I take that as respect and hope I give it to them as well...........

I absolutely hate in your face people in general, but posters in particular

and I remember the lessen my dad taught me...........never start a fight just make sure you finish them

and I try real hard on here to deal with fact or I explain my position......

I hate the words No, and Can't that come without explanation

I also try to respect the newer posters on here, and let them have their say

All and all, I love this place (CDC) and it has helped me get through some tough times (a heart attack and Cancer)

I hope we can become respectful advisories or even friends at some point on these boards

Cheers!

Great post amigo +100 :towel:

• Hydration 1
On 4/9/2021 at 1:40 AM, DeltaSwede said:

From what I remember from early on in his draft year and the year prior he was very highly touted. It was just my own take at the time from watching some of his games. The Canucks were in huge need of a future #1 C and in my view, Barzal definitley had that type of ceiling and was much better than some of the prospects drafted before him. Can't really complain when you end up with Brock Boeser at 23. We got our #1 C in the draft 2 years later. Wouldn't change a thing in hindsight. 

Button wants to be different. He has his own take on prospects and is not afraid to show it by his rankings. Not really my go to guy for prospects but always appreciate his take on things. Sometimes it's a good marker for who not to pick.

Oh yes. Picks 16-19 was Matt Barzal, Kyle Connor and Thomas Chabot. The 3 picks after Boston had 3 picks in a row. Boston ended up with Zach Senyshyn, Jakob Zboril, and Jake DeBrusk. That's an ouchie ouch if I've ever seen one. 

Lol brutal hey? Those 3 picks would have been franchise cornerstones. Oh well f#$k Boston!!

• Hydration 1