The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

2 minutes ago, Josepho said:

You cherrypicked a career year that was massively propped up by empty net stats. Otherwise, he's been very unproductive since the start of the 2018-2019 season, and he isn't getting any younger.

He warranted a far cheaper contract based on his play this season and in last year's playoffs.

Cherry picked? How did I cherry pick by giving his most recent performance AND his CAREER ppg percentage? If anyone’s picking cherries here I think it’s the guy ignoring the entire last half of my post ;) 

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Tanner Pearson - 3.25M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Jake Virtanen 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M'

Add it to the list. :sick:

Edited by Qwags
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seattle is likely not going to take Holtby. I mean, that would be excellent, but it doesn't seem realistic.

Who do you think they take?

I wouldn't be surprised if we flip them a 3rd or 4th round pick to ensure that they take Holtby.

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Cherry picked? How did I cherry pick by giving his most recent performance AND his CAREER ppg percentage? If anyone’s picking cherries here I think it’s the guy ignoring the entire last half of my post ;) 

Yes, I'll also acknowledge that he had a few 40+ point seasons by being carried by Carter and Toffoli as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

This just pushed me over.  
I genuinely thought JB was done with these deals.  
I have been a supporter, but no more. 
FIRE JIM BENNING! 
He continues to hamper this team, and it looks like he’s not gonna stop.  

I thought when he first got here that because he came from Boston that he was a Trojan horse. Boy I had a laugh at myself thinking that after he drafted Hughes and Petey. But after bad signing after bad signing, look who’s laughing now...:picard:

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Tanner Pearson - 3.25M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Jake Virtanen 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

Leadership?

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Josepho said:

You cherrypicked a career year that was massively propped up by empty net stats. Otherwise, he's been very unproductive since the start of the 2018-2019 season, and he isn't getting any younger.

He warranted a far cheaper contract based on his play this season and in last year's playoffs.

That Loui - Bo - Pearson empty net year was something else though :lol:.

It was nice seeing Loui finish those games off with the empty netters :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

11 points in 33 games for .33 pts/game this season. Assuming you’ve watched this team play hockey (or at least try to imitate something like it) this season you shouldn’t find it surprising that his numbers have dipped a little this year?

Players don’t perform well on bad team put together by a bunch of low iq big ego guys who want to be right about everything and don’t actually care about winning a cup.

They only care about proving themselves right and keeping their jobs.

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Dang it. Two separate posts and I got cheeky :p

ill eat crow on incorrectly suggesting you picked cherries on my post. See my later one where I give full context :D 

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

It’s absolutely true and there are studies that look at player production. 

This is a slow 3rd liner who is going to get slower. 

I’m not talking about Pearson but in general it’s different for a lot of Players. 

Some players play their best hockey 25-27 and some players play their best 28-31. 

There’s plenty of examples around the league. 

Very few but there is also examples of players have great seasons into their mid 30’s. 

You can’t speak to every player and say this is there prime. It just doesn’t work that way 

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Because, we've prepared well for the draft and who we will be exposing. He is likely the best player that we will make available, his contract was structured so that we could make him available, and as he's a former cup winner, he'll be a good influence on a new group and help bring them together.

He'll bring stability to their crease while not being locked in for a long period of time, allowing them future flexibility on who they want to keep.

Stability in the crease?  He’s got less than a 0.900 save percentage making 5.7 million cash next season.  No way they take him.  Jay Beagle would be a far better option for them.  

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Tanner Pearson - 3.25M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Jake Virtanen 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

Sutter, Baertschi, Benn and Spooner are off the books next year at this point.

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Who do you think they take?

I wouldn't be surprised if we flip them a 3rd or 4th round pick to ensure that they take Holtby.

They will take Lind, OJ or McEwen IMO. Free unproven untapped cheap young talent players to be had and not enough body of work to deem them protectable.

• Cheers 1

Anybody with half a hockey mind will agree that this is a bad deal at a bad time that basically sums up Benning’s history of giving out deals. Great talent evaluator, piss poor asset manager. If this club wants to be successful they need somebody who can do both. Jim just isn’t the guy I’m sorry. 

• Like 1

Would have liked you see hi  at 3x3 but I'm not gonna kick scream and cry about 250k.... I'll save that for 60% of the posters here.

The guy is only 28 years old, solid defensively, a cup winner and great teammate. He is coming off of a 45 point (in only 69 games) career season. Not the greatest contract but definitely not bad.

Edited by coryberg

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Edler will be back and will have a NTC.  He will also come at a significant discount.

I wouldnt care if he’s free.

hes old and insanely slow we need to move towards  the FUTURE not the tired old past. 

• Like 1

Just now, EP Phone Home said:

They will take Lind, OJ or McEwen IMO. Free unproven untapped cheap young talent players to be had and not enough body of work to deem them protectable.

You just listed 3 guys who are exempt. Would you like to try again?