The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Check the Cap Friendly expansion system. Its shows them as exempt, and I'm much more open to taking its word for it

No it doesn’t show them as exempt.  Scroll down from the team on their expansion tool.  It gives the list of exempt players on the Canucks.

Those three aren’t on it, you don’t have to take my word for it.

You are confusing players eligible to fulfil the minimum exposure requirements and who is exempt and doesn’t use up a protection slot.

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This fanbase is hilariously reactive.

it’s been seven years of this regime and another two years prior of poor management at the end of the gillis years -

How many more decades should we wait until we can respond to bad decisions, gatekeeper?

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bigger issue is even if the team fired Benning. 

Who would you get to replace him? 

I can't think of any GM's off the top of my head  the team can pick up.

Unless we want the Hunter's to be Coach and GM's? 

Worse, we still have this contract.

It's better than Eriksson's, but that's a pretty low bar. 

who in the right mind want to be a gm with a meddling owner who interferes in day to day operations. His history is well know around the NHL, there a reason why Dean Lombardi who is a senior advisor with the flyers declined when he reached out to him

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

That number refers the number of games before they meet that quota to count as the type of player exposed but they are still eligible to be selected by Seattle. They just don't count towards the minimum that teams must expose in each type of player slot (forward or defender)

There's still nothing there that is likely more attractive than Holtby and his experience.

Its likely we make a deal on who they take.

8 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Are you actually ignorant to the way he produced? Genuine question.

This is a guy who stands in front of the net and is reliable defensively and by all accounts - a great teammate and good professional.

He had like a four month sample where he scored a stupid high amount of empty net points. The rest of his production comes from tap ins and dirty $&!#. That’s why there’s been so much fluctuation in his scoring in the last five years - he’s a product of the chances the team generates for him. If there aren’t chances for him to get an empty netter or deflection/grease goal, the only way he scores otherwise is the occasional transition wrist shot from 25 feet. 

He is a product of his teammates and does not drive his own production.

Jesus christ man. 

Good post. I will add Pearson isn't on the PP so most of the points he does get are 5 on 5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I may be reading it wrong, but even if I am, there is no one on there who would be a make or break for us to lose. Seattle will likely be looking to leverage whatever they can, like Las Vegas did, so its extremely possible that we offer Seattle a pick in exchange for selecting the player that we want them to take.

Any way you look at this, its not a big deal, there are other teams in worse shape.

Oh we are in excellent shape for the expansion draft. Something JB has done very well with. All the NTC that people complain about have no barring on the Expansion Draft. We are probably on the top of the list for being best positioned for the draft

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Seriously, this move is an adjunct to his original plan to shelter the younger players as they take on more prominent roles. In a year or two I suspect TP will have a nice spot somewhere on the third line where his consistent play and professional attitude will be appreciated. 

kind of like what we all said about Sutter or Beagle or Gudbransson 

57 minutes ago, combover said:

Well I guess when your the worst GM in the league you make stupid deals and signings.

dim Jim living up to expectations. 

Naw..there are way worse GM’s ...BT in Calgary for example. 

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

You just listed 3 guys who are exempt. Would you like to try again?

As per Capfriendly they aren’t exempt. I will not try again after this discussion. 

Lind OJ and MacEwen are in fact needed for expansion protection. Seattle can pick any player who has two years or more of professional hockey they played in the AHL which is professional hockey. They need to be protected buddy. As per Capfriendly. 

7A8AE8DD-F864-4943-B31C-F3E3F71205D8.png

1A18B735-DAF9-4919-8558-79EC08C853D5.png

248ADD71-F088-4775-904C-03B588A2BA53.png

82243AFF-6326-43FF-BFA6-5E273B53757B.png

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm just not sure they're even considering firing JB while at the same time allowing him the freehand to make long term contract decisions. He's FA's man, like it or not!

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I highly doubt we could find anyone worse than JB.

He’s the worst gm currently employed in the nhl.

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Not during a flat cap Covid era. This contract is grossly overpaid.

Terrible :picard:

grossly overpaid...

No, it isn't.  Like really isn't.  Eriksson sure.  Sutter yes to a lesser extent.  This.

Come on

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1