The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i say this a pretty good contract

I say Covid sometimes causes brain fog that lingers for months and Jim should have been relieved of his duties until there was proof he could think clearly

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

I was wanting to hear from all those Faithful Fans who said, " All Jim's bad contracts willl be gone next season, almost like he had a plan and knew what he was doing"

what say they now?

Let's see what happens before next season? Or maybe keep going off half assed like typical then just take your words back sheepishly in time. The Miller trade ring a bell?

• Cheers 2

Just now, lmm said:

I say Covid sometimes causes brain fog that lingers for months and Jim should have been relieved of his duties until there was proof he could think clearly

funny but good signing

Have you looked at the UFA class for forward a bunch of 33-35 year old well represented 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Because you base your contract evaluations only on a players last 3 years which does not factor in the flat cap, the potential risk of a player in that age range starting to decline, or what that contract will look like if a young plyer pushes him to the bottom 6.

In a flat cap covid environment combined with all the other pre covid bad contracts this is an overpayment.

Lets ask Sven Baertschi who was the last Horvat winger who got signed to one of these where he ended up.

flat cap does not matter, if it were falling i would agree with you

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My favourite thing right now is comparing "the world is ending fire all the Bennings" comments in here tot his thread from a few days ago

As much as I don't like this signing, I would prefer to keep Benning and am working under the impression he knows something we don't.  For all we know, LE could have decided to retire at the end of the year.

11 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

nice to have a magic ball hope it works.

But for real the dude hasn't even played a AHL game never mind a NHL game yet

He is playing in the second best league in the world and doing well .. ten points in 14 playoff games in limited minutes..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Pretty sad how we are kinda one of the jokes of the league . 

In 2011 we were hated because we were so good.

Fast-forward a decade later and other fans just feel bad for us lol

How the mighty have fallen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

flat cap does not matter, if it were falling i would agree with you

Lol ok bud. 17 mil next season to sign Petterssen, Hughes, and a bunch of other roster spots. And Bennings priority is Pearson at too much money for 3 years. If EP and QH agents play hardball on their contracts, which one will you be ok trading for next to nothing or futures so we can have Pearson? Since Benning has shown he cant trade anyone with a bad contract (maybe because other GM's understand the effect of a flat cap)

Flat cap absolutely matters. Benning should be fired for not learning that.

I guess it all depends. Do we get .65ppg Pearson from last year or .33ppg Pearson of this year? Likely somewhere in between.

The only way this makes sense to me is if we get .65ppg Pearson for those 3 years. IMO, this is too much in a cap strapped world. For a 2 or 3 year contract, I was hoping around 2.5-2.75. Guess that's hard to justify when you have a 4 point Rooster getting paid 3m per...

Edited by kloubek
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes they will definitely sweeten the pot for Seattle to select one of Palat, Killorn, Johnson, Gourde (probably Palat as he is the best player). Then likely buy out a couple of contracts, probably Killorn + Rutta. Sign some league minimum guys and problems solved.

Even if TB loses Palat and buys out Killorn and Ruuta, that only frees up enough space for Kucherov to come off LTIR. It doesn't allow for Foote to be resigned or adding any additional contracts plus they still lose Coleman and Goodrow as UFAs