The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

14 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

CDC has really gone downhill too. People used to be critical on here , informed takes . Now it’s benning slurping and rampant homerism . 

But it’s always good for some great laughs provided by some of the takes.

I dunno man.  CDC has been a cheerleading forum since I can remember.  So you know that something stinks when there's this much criticism.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, stawns said:

I don't think so

I don’t think they get less than 6M personally. Maybe Hughes since he has no rights but not Peter. Since they have the same agent I bet he’s trying to push for matching deals though. 

6 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes I am aware $1.3m is the average cost. But we only have 3 signed, so we need a #4, #5, #6, #7 Dman right?

#7 could be Rathbone = $0.925m

#6 could be Juolevi = $1.25m

Leaves $3m to sign a #4 and #5 Dman. So that will be $1.5m each (on average). Not great.

JB will be keeping his fingers crossed that Myers is selected. And he will have to buy out Holtby. And likely buy out Loui + Roussel too I expect.

Rathbone might not be on the team if he is #7 bring in a vet at .700-.800

Call Rathbone if injures occur

Juolevi just don't see him cracking a 1.0mill maybe .925-.975

Eriksson not getting bought out makes no sense 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t think they get less than 6M personally. Maybe Hughes since he has no rights but not Peter. Since they have the same agent I bet he’s trying to push for matching deals though. 

neither have much in the way of leverage.  $6m isn't far off from what I think and he's not likely to make it a whole lot more than Boeser.......I think $5.5-5.75 each and I agree they'll likely get matching deals

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Wouldn’t expect them to get less than Boeser.  He had no rights like Hughes.

If Pearson scores 20+ goals each year of his new contract, then good signing. If he plays like he has this season, then WTF?

I thought other teams wanted Pearson. That would've been a good time for Benning to display some savvy GMing. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, mll said:

Wouldn’t expect them to get less than Boeser.  He had no rights like Hughes.

they'll likely get in the same range.  Had they had a good year, then maybe they'd have cashed in, but not this season

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

i say this a pretty good contract

on second thought I would say this is a fair contract. which could very well be a great deal. if he plays anywhere above 0.4ppg this a great deal

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How many AHL games did Hoglander play?

Hoglander = Podz 

That is what you are saying they are the same person

Same personality same skill set

8 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Welcome to the board feel free to ask other posters on how hockey works!

Thanks, will do. 
so tell me how how a player, playing on a consistent second line with a great centerman and only gets 11 points in 33 games, was a -7 some how earned 3.25 million dollars a year for three years (with protection) during a dead cap era and a expansion draft. Please explain how hockey works?

1 minute ago, Randy Johnson said:

Thanks, will do. 
so tell me how how a player, playing on a consistent second line with a great centerman and only gets 11 points in 33 games, was a -7 some how earned 3.25 million dollars a year for three years (with protection) during a dead cap era and a expansion draft. Please explain how hockey works?

here you go! do you need help with understanding how it works?

rapm pearson.JPG

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Hoglander = Podz 

That is what you are saying they are the same person

Same personality same skill set

If Hoglander is better than Podkolzin then why was Podkolzin the first round pick in that draft and Hoglander the second round pick?  What information do you have that confirms Hoglander will be better than Podkolzin?  Anything?  There is nobody out there who thinks Holgander at 5'9" is going to be a better player than an equally talented Podkolzin who some people say is 6'3" 200 pounds and still growing.  

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Looks like they are trying to roll something that is just not there?

Maybe the pick captures more than u thought...  :lol:

It's their weak attempt at making a finger heart!!! You know it's been a thing right??  BTS rings a bell? 

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

For what it's worth, the Canucks under Jim Benning have now spent over 568M over the 7 years he's been here and they have 4 playoff series to show for it.

Pretty irresponsible if you ask me.

over half the teams every year don't make the playoffs. sometimes your up sometimes your down. this is the owners fault more than JB's