The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

Where does it say he has expansion draft protection?

Edit:  Nevermind, looks like there is no expansion draft protection.  Which means he will be exposed for sure.

Edited by HKSR

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

No expansion protection.

He gets "protection" in the sense Seattle can't flip him somewhere. So that's fine as far as it goes but for that the AAV should have been less. But he got $ and some term. 

Seems about 500k-700k high, but otherwise it's not far off from what I thought he'd get. Two years would have been ideal, but having his deal expire at age 32 isn't the end of the world. 

Elias and Quinn likely get bridges, I'll fuss in July once we've got a clearer picture of how our cap plays out. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

This is the type of signing that is pulled off by someone who is absolutely secure in his job. The Fire Jimbo momentum has been effectively stifled by this announcement.  FA has spoken!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He gets "protection" in the sense Seattle can't flip him somewhere. So that's fine as far as it goes but for that the AAV should have been less. But he got $ and some term. 

Hypothetical scenario.

He walks because we didnt sign him to this contract. Proceeds to sign with the leafs for this contract. Lights us up and has a career year.

Sound familiar??

Just now, Coconuts said:

Seems about 500k-700k high, but otherwise it's not far off from what I thought he'd get. Two years would have been ideal, but having his deal expire at age 32 isn't the end of the world. 

Elias and Quinn likely get bridges, I'll fuss in July once we've got a clearer pictures of how our cap plays out. 

Carl Soederberg is getting 1 million, Toffoli got 1 million more and scores a lot more than Pearson. 

This is a huge overpayment. With the money free agents were signing recently Pearson was worth 2 million max 

• Thanks 1