The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

11 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Not a bad trade, but why are we making Dubas and co out to be some sort of genius? Have we so quickly forgotten the last few years? 

Leafs fans are just as flip floppy as Canucks fans, god damn. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If an injured Nash is worth a conditional 7th...an injured Pearson is worth what a conditional 5th, maybe 4th? This is the #assetmanagement you guys are freaking out about? :lol:

Take the 4th or 5th, sign him back in the off-season to the same deal.

If he signs elsewhere, so be it. It's Tanner freaking Pearson.

So instead we have an extra 4th and 5th (isn't Benning a genius drafter?) and another 3.25M to play with it. Yes, that is asset management.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Haha, yes they would.

So which current contract signings around the league give you that impression? Most GM's seem to understand that the only players that covid and the flat cap havent driven the value appreciably lower on are top players. Not depth signings/tweeners.

Anyone who is happy with Pearson being the best our top 6 will see for the next 3 years in that spot is foolish. The idea is to actually improve, not hedge bets for 3 years.

• RoughGame 2

6 hours ago, grandmaster said:

3) Pearson is a streaky player. A good player at certain times but given too much. He got paid far more than what players are being signed during these Covid flat cap era. We have a GM that does this consistently does this. Makes the players “happy”.

5 hours ago, coryberg said:

3) this off-season is different than last. There is a whole lot of dead space and bad contacts coming off of teams books and Seattle will be absorbing at least 60 million dollars of salary. Stop acting like you have a crystal ball to support your point of view.

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

3) What in e world does Seattle have to do with our cap space? Do you really think they will grab one of our overpaid players off our books? Lol

I broke it downso you can follow the conversation.

The point was that there is going to be a lot more money open on every teams cap this year. Numbers aren't going to be as tight as last year. But you don't understand that so just stick to name calling and fudging numbers to skew your arguments.

Cheers!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

That’s hilarious. Talking heads speculate that Canucks poor start was because the players are upset because of player departures. Players respond to questioning by saying that yes we miss those players, but we will figure it out.

This all adds up to Canucks are livid?:frantic:

I was right here on planet earth during January and February. I obviously don’t connect the dots the same way as you do. 

My buy in rate on media created hysteria is somewhere in the 1 or 2 out of ten range. :)

The media is starving to be relevant, so they force feed you fables, that you should take with a grain of salt.  

Attributing the Canucks poor start to a hangover from playoff success, or because they are playing in a division against teams that we had a losing record against (last year), is boring and it doesn’t sell papers. So let’s stir up some sh$t, and make some money.

I never linked the two, only stated what has been corroborated by many which is that the players were very upset with the departures in the locker room.

image.png.d1dacf92f24543ce770b11cba4276ef6.png

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mcchorvirt said:

You realize he was quoting Benning right?

wait are you trying to tell me that when some one does this Benning: your telling me this is a quote?

wow imagine i never knew that, that would be crazy.

If you ever see anything wrong with my posts in the future, please dont hesitate to ask if can understand what i'm preaching .

actuallyiappreciateitcanyoujustreplytoallmypostswithanyandalltyposmisspellingsandgrammaticalerrors?

thanks, I appreciate you

8 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I never linked the two, only stated what has been corroborated by many which is that the players were very upset with the departures in the locker room.

image.png.d1dacf92f24543ce770b11cba4276ef6.png

magic is really cool, look at this cat, have you ever seen a cat this interested in its owners health?

vanish where did you go GIF

35 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Zero guarantee that happens.

This silly downplaying of his value does not validate your argument.

So instead we have an extra 4th and 5th (isn't Benning a genius drafter?) and another 3.25M to play with it. Yes, that is asset management.

'To play with'...for the GM you guys hate signing UFA's. You're arguing out both sides of your posterior. 

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So which current contract signings around the league give you that impression? Most GM's seem to understand that the only players that covid and the flat cap havent driven the value appreciably lower on are top players. Not depth signings/tweeners.

Foligno, Kassian, Craig Smith, Conolly...

40 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Anyone who is happy with Pearson being the best our top 6 will see for the next 3 years in that spot is foolish. The idea is to actually improve, not hedge bets for 3 years.

That's just silly, we already have better players than Pearson in our top 6 so why would he be the 'best'. We'll also have Hoglander and Podkolzin to push for time there and more money again next year coming off the books to fill spots if required. 

• Cheers 3

50 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes, yes, yes!

Plus in 3 years Tanner is gone.

Where is the 4th round pick? He's traded at the deadline when we aren't bad.

Example: Tyler Madden.