The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

4 hours ago, Roger Rabby said:

For real, Jim? :huh:

Jim Benning: Canucks need 'two or three more Tanner Pearsons'
April 09 2021

Honestly, this in a nutshell explains Benning's entire philosophy on building a team.

We need one less Tanner Pearson, replaced by a better player in order to take the next step.

One less Sutter, Roussel, Eriksson, etc. too. Maybe even one less Virtanen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Honestly, this in a nutshell explains Benning's entire philosophy on building a team.

We need one less Tanner Pearson, replaced by a better player in order to take the next step.

One less Sutter, Roussel, Eriksson, etc. too. Maybe even one less Virtanen.

I think at this point we need to ship Jake out for another project or try and ship him to Edmonton for one of their young defensemen. Who knows maybe with his speed he can play with McDavid. 

12 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Not a sexy move but as JB said on the interview today if Pearson moved on they would  miss him.

I expect Pearson will have a better year next than this year.  This was a weird year.

He is a good player. 3.25 is ok if he gets back to 20 goals.  I think all this is,  is JB betting that Pearson will recover next year and be a 20 goal guy for them.  

Reality is, if that happens,  nobody is going to bitch. Pearson it's up to you. 

JB also said Sutter is foundational

• Cheers 1

JB must know a dirty secret about the owners. Explains why he hasn’t been fired. He is a failure. Too many years of managing a bad team and just when you thought we were turning the corner, we take several steps backwards. This is another example of overpayment for an average player and what’s worse, in a flat cap Covid era. :picard:

4 hours ago, coryberg said:

Glad I don't live in your fantasy world where 28 is old. calculating the hangover GIFbetter get rid of Miller since he is the same age. Bo only has 2 years left. Demko has 2 and a half.

Ummm

have you seen Pearson skate?

you think ye will get faster?

11 points in 33 games with top 6 and powerplay minutes 

keep drinking the koolaid 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Lol, it’s a good thing we invested $3.25 x 3 on the most abundant player in hockey. I’ve slept on this signing a few nights and I just keep getting more and more disgusted about it. The Tampa Bay Lightning pay the same amount of money for their team as we do. Let that grow roots in your soul. We are so screwed. 

36 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Ummm

have you seen Pearson skate?

you think ye will get faster?

11 points in 33 games with top 6 and powerplay minutes 

keep drinking the koolaid 

Pearson is the most Generic forward possible, ever. (If that’s even possible to quantify). Even his physical appearance. If I told my 8 year old daughter to draw a hockey player, that drawing would look just like Pearson. He isn’t good or bad at anything. He just fills a sweater and plays hockey. 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:44 PM, b3. said:

Crazy thing is, injured or not the team could have most likely traded TP still. 

Then most likely circle back on him in the offseason ?!?!

That’s being “forward thinking” though.  Our GM can’t do that lol