Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Amazing how quiet this thread is after all the similar deals recently...

Oh there's still people ignorantly female dogging about it in Canuck talk, current roster etc:lol:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 1:51 PM, aGENT said:

Oh there's still people ignorantly female dogging about it in Canuck talk, current roster etc:lol:

Is it just me or “female dogging” sounds much more politically incorrect and sexist than the connotation which “bitching” invokes?

 

asking for a friend...

 

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Is it just me or “female dogging” is more politically incorrect and sexist than the connotation which “bitching” invokes?

 

asking for a friend...

No idea :lol:

 

It's literally the term for a female dog though, so I don't see how that's 'sexist' lol

 

Is ewe 'sexist' as well?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 2:11 AM, wallstreetamigo said:

Its been reported that as part of the signing Benning gave verbal assurances to Pearson that he would be protected in the expansion draft though. Nothing in writing from what I have seen reported but the fact it has been out there in the public sphere certainly boxes Benning in a bit if true.

worthless little birdie kinda talk with literally no value - unqualifiable - no source - no point.

 

He has no NMC - it's as simple as that.  the backtracking / these rumours - post-drama - as if this deal necessarily costs the team a protection spot - is a w.o.t. - he has no NMC -   that is the only defining reality at this point - he can be exposed, period.

there's a chance he's one of the 'best' 7 forwards - or best 7 forward assets at the time of expansion - that is the only defining element that matters imo, and that has yet to be determined.

 

On 4/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

JT Miller was a cap dump for TB bud.

 

spoken like half the media talking heads in this market that had literally no idea what they were talking about - have no idea what the term "cap dump" means - but still repeating it two years later - is embarassing.  Seriously - a team needing to move cap does not make a player a "cap dump" - it's assinine that some people are still attempting to 'finesse' this entirely false equivalency.

 

Sorry but this is the kind of stuff that makes these forums a waste of time to engage in.  Respond all you want - you tend to go around and around with this kind of stuff - I think it's probably best if I put you/we put each other on ignore - this kind of uninformed, hard-spun drama is precisely what these boards have been/are saturated with - and the result is next to no real conversation/exchange.  It's understandable when you have a click-bait, lowest common denominator mainstream media that gets parroted endlessly - but you'd think that the veteran posters around here would know slightly better by now.  Evidently not.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oldnews said:

worthless little birdie kinda talk with literally no value - unqualifiable - no source - no point.

 

He has no NMC - it's as simple as that.  the backtracking / these rumours - post-drama - as if this deal necessarily costs the team a protection spot - is a w.o.t. - he has no NMC -   that is the only defining reality at this point - he can be exposed, period.

there's a chance he's one of the 'best' 7 forwards - or best 7 forward assets at the time of expansion - that is the only defining element that matters imo, and that has yet to be determined.

 

spoken like half the media talking heads in this market that had literally no idea what they were talking about - have no idea what the term "cap dump" means - but still repeating it two years later - is embarassing.  

Sorry but this is the kind of stuff that makes these forums a waste of time to engage in.  Respond all you want - you go around and around with this kind of stuff and appear to have literally no interest in developing perspective - I think it's probably best if I put you on ignore - this kind of uninformed, hard-spun drama is precisely what these boards have been saturated with.  It's understandable when you have a click-bait mainstream media - but you'd think that the veteran posters around here would know slightly better by now.  Evidently not.

Lol i actually thought I had you on ignore bud. Guess not. Block me if you want, I don't care. If my opinions ruin your cdc experience that much you probably should for your own sake.

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

derp.  you quoted me - responded to my post.  "bud". 

I was just messing with you bud. I don't see any need to use the ignore function on here. I have the adult ability of actually just ignoring things all on my own. 

 

As to the wink/nudge agreement on expansion, not sure why it would trigger you so much to simy point out that it hadbeen reported. I even said i had seen nothing saying it was in writing. 

 

I know a lot of people who work in the media. Some do sensationalize info for clicks, etc. especially nowadays. But in many cases where there is smoke there is fire too. And the main media players dont typically stick their necks out to make something up just to troll people like you.

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot's off people are saying........................

 

The idea that JB would offer verbal E draft protection to Pearson, but wouldn't have the honesty to write it in ink is just silly.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

 

like I said - you love to around and around and around - in spite of bringing literally no worthwhile content...

so I'm gonna have to cap your time-vampire gig at this point.

moving on.

 

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the commotion here? everyone in hockey from agents to reporters to fellow GM's know Benning (once again) overpaid a player that the team had no obligation doing whatsoever. example #233 as far as i'm concerned. 

 

this has and will be the Canucks reality so long as JB continues to somehow be employed through all these years. everyone in hockey knows the way he operates when it comes to finances and the players+agents are beyond gracious for it.

 

 

Benning continues to give out these deals, the majority of hockey world laughs, miniscule portion of canucks base tries to justify it. rinse & repeat

 

a leopard doesn't change it's spots. :emot-parrot:

  • Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldnews said:

like I said - you love to around and around and around - in spite of bringing literally no worthwhile content...

so I'm gonna have to cap your time-vampire gig at this point.

moving on.

 

Thats the problem when people can't accept other people having differing opinions. They resort to name calling and getting all butt hurt like you are.

 

Don't like my opinions? Cool. Don't read them. Don't respond to them. Or flame me for them. It literally makes no difference to me bud. Am I right or wrong? Who cares. I will eventually be one or the other and so will you and everyone else.

 

Why let it bug you?

  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

The idiots who don’t like the Pearson deal don’t give a #@&* about the team they’re just here to argue.

dont love it or hate it a bit overpaid, some people in here are acting like its a louie contract all over again.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gurn said:

Lot's off people are saying........................

 

The idea that JB would offer verbal E draft protection to Pearson, but wouldn't have the honesty to write it in ink is just silly.

 

For the NMC to apply for the expansion draft it has to cover both this season and next.  An NMC on his extension would not protect him from expansion.  They would have to also add an NMC on his current contract.  

 

The more NMCs/NTCs they hand out and it probably gets harder to avoid them as other players will expect them too.  A verbal agreement seems like a reasonable approach. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mll said:

 

For the NMC to apply for the expansion draft it has to cover both this season and next.  An NMC on his extension would not protect him from expansion.  They would have to also add an NMC on his current contract.  

 

The more NMCs/NTCs they hand out and it probably gets harder to avoid them as other players will expect them too.  A verbal agreement seems like a reasonable approach. 

?

 

there is no NMC - on either - so he can be exposed. 

 

the expansion draft is on July 21st.  players who's term expires this summer - are free agents as of July 1st. 

what makes you believe that a NMC would have to exist in both deals for Pearson to be guaranteed protection?

regardless - he does not have that guarantee.  It will be entirely at management's discretion.

 

the whole 'verbal agreement' thing is whisper material not worth taking seriously.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, oldnews said:

?

 

there is no NMC - on either - so he can be exposed. 

 

the expansion draft is on July 21st.  players who's term expires this summer - are free agents as of July 1st. 

what makes you believe that a NMC would have to exist in both deals for Pearson to be guaranteed protection?

regardless - he does not have that guarantee.  It will be entirely at management's discretion.

 

the whole 'verbal agreement' thing is whisper material not worth taking seriously.

 

 

It’s the NMC rule for expansion.  

 

Free agency is not 1 July - it has been pushed back to 28 July as part of the transition rules:
“All SPCs which are scheduled to expire on June 30, 2021 are hereby extended and shall remain valid and effective until July 27, 2021, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties.”

 

 

Edited by mll
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...