Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sharks trade Devan Dubnyk to Avalanche for Greg Pateryn 2021 5th-round pick


Recommended Posts

  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Sharks trade Devan Dubnyk to Avalanche for Greg Pateryn 2021 5th-round pick

Wow what a steal for their playoff push.  5th and a depth D for a retained salary goalie who was a #1 goalie just a couple of seasons ago.

Smart of the Av's to load up, with Francouz out and Johansson looking awful out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:


Smart of the Av's to load up, with Francouz out and Johansson looking awful out there.

Is it even possible that Burnaby Joe is as good or better as a GM than he was as a HoF player?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Is it even possible that Burnaby Joe is as good or better as a GM than he was as a HoF player?

I could be wrong but wasn’t he catching a whole lot of flak up until he made the Duchene trade ? Public opinion seemed to improve from then on. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Wow what a steal for their playoff push.  5th and a depth D for a retained salary goalie who was a #1 goalie just a couple of seasons ago.

Smart of the Av's to load up, with Francouz out and Johansson looking awful out there.

Johansson has a .920 sv% and a 2.13 gaa in 4 games for Colorado.  In the full 3 games he played he has 2 wins and an OT loss.  He came in relief last game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

The Aves are starting to make me take them more seriously. They might be a real contender now. 

By adding Dubnyk?  He has been struggling so much the past few seasons.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dubnyk was a great goalie when he hit his peak a few years ago, but he's nowhere close that guy today.

This trade does next to nothing for Colorado, other than give Grubauer a veteran backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I could be wrong but wasn’t he catching a whole lot of flak up until he made the Duchene trade ? Public opinion seemed to improve from then on. 

For sure,  my comment could've been somewhat optimistic. 

 

I'm still astounded at that NM contract - was that a Sakic signing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado gets so many injuries because they don’t have enough toughness to protect their skilled players, they don’t want a repeat of last years playoffs with a fourth string goalie. Tampa wasn’t able to go to the cup until they filled out their roster with the likes of Coleman ,Schenn and Maroon. Colorado needs to get A guy like Foligno from Columbus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I could be wrong but wasn’t he catching a whole lot of flak up until he made the Duchene trade ? Public opinion seemed to improve from then on. 

It's funny because you're right, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago people dumped on him as one of the worst GM's in the NHL. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

For sure,  my comment could've been somewhat optimistic. 

 

I'm still astounded at that NM contract - was that a Sakic signing?

Yep, I believe that contract was signed when Sakic had assumed full GM responsibilities. 
 

He’s definitely had a strong recovery arc though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's funny because you're right, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago people dumped on him as one of the worst GM's in the NHL. 

Absolutely. I think Chevy was in the same boat. For different reasons than Benning but maybe we’ll end up seeing the same thing. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Absolutely. I think Chevy was in the same boat. For different reasons than Benning but maybe we’ll end up seeing the same thing. 

Here's hoping, seems he'll be here a while yet 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...