The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Return to Play Plan Announced UPDATE:DELAYED!

Rate this topic

19 games in 30 days sounds insane. I don’t think the Canucks have ever played a schedule like that ever, even at the start of this season. Mass injuries on the way. 

• Hydration 2
  • Sad 3
  • Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

19 games in 30 days sounds insane. I don’t think the Canucks have ever played a schedule like that ever, even at the start of this season. Mass injuries on the way. 

It's actually 31 days but why count?  Check Olympic years for something similar.  Personally I think they can handle it - 19 games is a sprint. And what is the option? Tell the league we quit? I don't get why some  fans have to focus on negatives at every opportunity.  Bitching never won a cup partner.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, SNuck said:

And 6 back-to-backs in 26 days.

After not playing for almost a month.

After they all had a virus that attacks the respiratory system. 

I hope they do well, but this doesn't look good and I worry for the health of the players.  

can't jim not fight back and say fu to the league. Gillis used to fight with the league to get a better schedule 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SNuck said:

I hope they do well, but this doesn't look good and I worry for the health of the players.  

You and I both.

I don't think I'm going to be too hard on our boys if they don't look all too sprightly out there after this. No practice or games all this time doesn't exactly help either.

• Hydration 2

1 minute ago, SNuck said:

Plus the heart/cardiovascular system, from some accounts, as well as neurological systems.

I mean, what's the worst that can happen, right?  Y'know, they can't all keel over and die of heart failure...

:picard:

• Hydration 2

14 minutes ago, SNuck said:

when were you when canuck is kill?

i was sat at home bake covid mask when frank ring

'canuck is kill'

'no'

um did you have a stroke, we dont want too overwork you stealth lol.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

can't jim not fight back and say fu to the league. Gillis used to fight with the league to get a better schedule 

Funny, I never remembered him doing that. In fact he hired sleep doctors to fight the long flights the Canucks had to take. 

Were you in the office when he called Uncle Gary? 

20 minutes ago, SNuck said:

when were you when canuck is kill?

i was sat at home bake covid mask when frank ring

'canuck is kill'

'no'

Snuck, cross your legs and run one calf over the opposite legs shin, and repeat. If you can't do that, please call 911. 

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Another reason to be positive is that the team has come through this  without anybody being hospitalized or having serious consequences.  From all reports from Dr. Jim Bovard the team is doing well and entering the recovery phase well.  I think these guys are going to be pumped to get back to playing hockey and won't take long to get going.  There are some great competitors on this team who have been sidelined, had to worry about their teammates and family and are now getting cleared to lace em up. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny, I never remembered him doing that. In fact he hired sleep doctors to fight the long flights the Canucks had to take. 

Were you in the office when he called Uncle Gary? 

it mentioned many times that he would fly to the league offices and get a better schedule , there would be times they would play LA, have on day off and then have back to back with the rangers and panthers

• Drive-By Body Pierce changed the title to [Report] Canucks Return to Play Plan Announced UPDATE:DELAYED!