The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Return to Play Plan Announced UPDATE:DELAYED!

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

it mentioned many times that he would fly to the league offices and get a better schedule , there would be times they would play LA, have on day off and then have back to back with the rangers and panthers

Squam.... Why doesn't Gillis have a job in the NHL?.... I mean wow... It's been 8 years, since his unfair firing.  The guy was a stand up, ahead of his time kinda GM.  Big balls Gillis right?!  Tellin' Gary "hey Bettman... You better make it easier on us cause it's not fair!"  Ever since Gary's been very nice to us canucks (except rhat littlw Luongo penalty thingy)  Yah I miss Gillis to Squam.  Why don't other NHL heads and nhlpa people like... make him a president, because I think you're on to somethin' here. :ph34r:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, Slegr said:

19 games in 30 days sounds insane. I don’t think the Canucks have ever played a schedule like that ever, even at the start of this season. Mass injuries on the way. 

Trusting that you did the math correctly, that is downright insane. 

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Habs play 19 in 32 so they have the same disadvantage as us.

Basically both teams will be put through the gauntlet. It will be a matter of which teams stays healthier and gets on a roll.

The biggest X factor for me will be whether Holtby can find his game again. If we can have both goalies playing well that might give us the edge over Montreal who has Price injured.

I just want Holtby to find his game again (maybe Aquilini can buy him a flux capacitor so he can go back in time) so the Kraken takes his cap hit off the team for next season.  

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny, I never remembered him doing that. In fact he hired sleep doctors to fight the long flights the Canucks had to take. 

Were you in the office when he called Uncle Gary? 

Lots of people including at the league confirmed it.  It was well reported on.

Under Gillis the Canucks were the first team to get on the phone with the league to adjust the draft schedules to their advantage (well to reduce the disadvantage more specifically).

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Habs play 19 in 32 so they have the same disadvantage as us.

Basically both teams will be put through the gauntlet. It will be a matter of which teams stays healthier and gets on a roll.

The biggest X factor for me will be whether Holtby can find his game again. If we can have both goalies playing well that might give us the edge over Montreal who has Price injured.

... except we aren’t starting at the same point.

The Habs are 6 games above .500 and we are two games below it.

They can falter and still beat us handily.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

... except we aren’t starting at the same point.

The Habs are 6 games above .500 and we are two games below it.

They can falter and still beat us handily.

Points are all that matter (8)

They don’t have that much room to falter. We’ll have 3 games in hand by the time we play again, then we’ll have a better idea where we stand.

This is me just being an optimist at heart, but who knows, maybe this adversity of a rough start to the season, covid and etc may bring this team together even more than what we were beginning to see before they were shut down.

Sometimes such adversity can serve as motivation to overcome the odds.

Im excited to see how the boys respond, however, have no expectation they will triumph over it.  With having hockey taken away for a while, im just happy its back again.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is me just being an optimist at heart, but who knows, maybe this adversity of a rough start to the season, covid and etc may bring this team together even more than what we were beginning to see before they were shut down.

Sometimes such adversity can serve as motivation to overcome the odds.

Im excited to see how the boys respond, however, have no expectation they will triumph over it.  With having hockey taken away for a while, im just happy its back again.

It could be a good growing moment in preparation for next year. IMO this team has too many good young pieces not to eventually succeed.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Points are all that matter (8)

They don’t have that much room to falter. We’ll have 3 games in hand by the time we play again, then we’ll have a better idea where we stand.

You are correct sir! (Lol Carson and McMahon).

Montreal is losing tonight.  Price is hurt and they have been struggling last couple weeks.

It ain't over yet.  Not saying we are going to make it.  But Montreal loses a few we win a few and the last 3 week could be very interesting.  

• Haha 1