The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Return to Play Plan Announced UPDATE:DELAYED!

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Habs play 19 in 32 so they have the same disadvantage as us.

Basically both teams will be put through the gauntlet. It will be a matter of which teams stays healthier and gets on a roll.

The biggest X factor for me will be whether Holtby can find his game again. If we can have both goalies playing well that might give us the edge over Montreal who has Price injured.

I had not paid any attention to hockey while the Canucks were out and was astounded to just now discover how poorly the Habs have done lately. 

We have a chance here. The fact that is even possible, even if unlikely, has me absolutely gobsmacked. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Provost said:

Are you new to the team?

Sure it means a sprint to a bottom

5 finish... but that only translates to a #8 pick in Canuck luck.

This is our year my friend. Law of attraction, speak it in to reality and then curse bettman out after they screw us again. This is the canuck way. 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Which bothers me why we don't have more than our default number of picks.  Work on your biggest asset/strength (drafting).  Do that by having more picks.

I respect the fact that Benning knows this and still stuck his neck out to say the Canucks will probably be quiet this draft deadline cuz trading players who have just been through this last 2 weeks is not the right thing to do. Gotta respect the man whether you like him or not.

• Cheers 4

Just now, fanfor42 said:

I respect the fact that Benning knows this and still stuck his neck out to say the Canucks will probably be quiet this draft deadline cuz trading players who have just been through this last 2 weeks is not the right thing to do. Gotta respect the man whether you like him or not.

Why wouldn't it be the right thing to do?  It's a business.  Obviously for a career Canuck like Edler (who'd never waive his NTC in any event) that would be a different case.

46 minutes ago, rychicken said:

and some people thought they wouldn't get any practices before they have to play a game :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see who shows up for a skate tomorrow.... players and coaches. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I am not expecting them to do well. The virus hit them hard and their gonna be coming back into a condense schedule after 3 weeks off. 

We could be dealing with rust and fatigue from the virus that isn’t gonna get any better with the schedule. 

It could very well be like the start of the season. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The Habs play 19 in 32 so they have the same disadvantage as us.

Basically both teams will be put through the gauntlet. It will be a matter of which teams stays healthier and gets on a roll.

The biggest X factor for me will be whether Holtby can find his game again. If we can have both goalies playing well that might give us the edge over Montreal who has Price injured.

Except one team is coming off a full roster of covid.  They might play, but theyre not going to be healthy.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, SNuck said:

And 6 back-to-backs in 26 days.

After not playing for almost a month.

After they all had a virus that attacks the respiratory system. 

I hope they do well, but this doesn't look good and I worry for the health of the players.  

Hopefully they just mail it in, but, they won't.

It's absolutely embarrassing that NHL brass would throw a team, who's players have almost all being battling Covid, into a blender at the end of the season for the sake of playing the alloted number of games.

No practice time, some of our guys likely haven't been able to exercise much at all. That's just asking for injuries, which could potentially even impact next season. But they don't give a flying &^@#, it's all about games being broadcasted and whatever revenue they can squeeze out. Canuck players being hurt is only our probem. 

What a horrible joke. 

Hopefully we play some of our younger guys over the remainder of the season, try and keep minutes down and rotate players in and out. Just get out of this season as healthy as possible, I'm not even worried about the glimmer of a playoff miracle. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1