The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Return to Play Plan Announced UPDATE:DELAYED!

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The biggest X factor for me will be whether Holtby can find his game again. If we can have both goalies playing well that might give us the edge over Montreal who has Price injured.

I do agree with this. Holtby will be essential to us playing well over the remainder of the season with so many back to backs.

Though I still think the biggest X factor will be our teams health and rust. I just feel it's highly unlikely our team will be competitive after going through this. Some players will be ok I'm sure, but I think we are going to see certain players play well below what we are used to.

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Guessing this means a lot of taxi and prospect guys rotating in on these back to back/compressed games.

Yes absolutely.  Some keys will be:

1. Holtby playing the back to backs and doing a decent job. 13/6 or 14/5 with Demko.

2. Green managing ice time with a view to the grind.

3. 15 or so forwards seeing some games.

4.  8 Dmen seeing some games. 

5. Montreal continuing to struggle without Price. 

Vcr is 8 points back right now with a game in hand.  Montreal ends their season May 11.  If Canucks are within 6 points at May 11 we will have 3 games left and a chance to win them and clinch a playoff spot. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

We're going to need to rotate youth in, nightly, to try and inject energy. I hope we can pull more guys from Utica.

I'm hoping that we can get Podkolzin here by end of month.

Agreed, I think this is the answer - use the Taxi squad to it's fullest instead of just leaving them as spectators. Get Lind in there for some games, and certainly get Juolevi up into our top-4.

• Hydration 1
  • Drive-By Body Pierce changed the title to [Report] Canucks Return to Play Plan Announced UPDATE:DELAYED!

I'm assuming that the players have been isolated from one another. I also doubt that any of them have been to the rink. Can't they allow recovered players to start practising?

If the player who tested positive is a player not previously infected, that would indicate a new infection from a different source or a longer than usual incubation period. Or is it a negative test with a subsequent positive? Either way that makes things all the more difficult for us.

I wonder if in the end games will get pushed again or if just less practice time.

I guess they are going to test the last couple of guys today who haven’t had it and decide from there?

Edited by Provost
3 hours ago, rekker said:

Just pull the plug on our season already. I for one see no need to make these players, who have been sick, play this stupid schedule. It's not smart and I'm surprised the NHLPA hasn't stepped in. From bed ridden couch potatoes to elite athletes with condensed schedules? C'mon.

I agree!! Time to write off the year, at least for us!

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Beagle got out on Covid Protocol today. Isn’t he injured why would he be coming into the rink. Sorry if I’m confused 

Rehab/physio.?

• Thanks 1

I hate to say this but we need to lock Petey at home. Then get 3 groups of of Canucks fans to support him. One group schedules food runs for him. The other schedules zoom time so he don't get lonely. And finally a third to to bubble wrap his apartment so nothing bad goes in or out. Come on team! Let's go!

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

We're going to need to rotate youth in, nightly, to try and inject energy. I hope we can pull more guys from Utica.

I'm hoping that we can get Podkolzin here by end of month.

I think with our cap we should hold off on Podz till October. 

14 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

If Travis (Coach dumb) and Baumer (coach dumber) decide to ride one horse as they line to do most definitely we will get injuries. 

Regardless of a good or bad game 2 -3 players need to be rotated out every game to give maintenance days and opportunities to other similar players waiting on the sidelines. 

it’s not hard to see why this needs to happen. The schedule. This season. Yet the coaching staff has shown incapable of the noticing this in the past they were adamant to go with a set of players that showed poorly for a good chunk of the early 2021 season. Once their hand was forced due to injuries and they made changes to the lineup they started to turn the corner and go streaking in March. 

i have no faith in the coaching staff tbh, don’t forget Brown (dumbest?) this season is all in the players hands. Let’s see if the Travis(ty) & Cons realize that To give us the best chance 
they need to use every guy we have access to and even guys in Utica. 

keep the players rotating in, the tempo high, and play an aggressive mean style the rest of the way. 

Hey, can you tell us again your opinion of the coaching staff?

You use the word dumb and dumber a lot 

24 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think with our cap we should hold off on Podz till October. 

Cap aside, I’d just as soon we wait on him because of Covid. I don’t know what the risks are where he is but I’m a little reluctant to bring him in right now. Having said that I’d sure like to get a look at him...