The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Victor Mete, Sami Vatanen, Alex Biega, Danny Dekeyser, Josh Healey, Cody Goloubef

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] Victor Mete, Sami Vatanen, Alex Biega, Danny Dekeyser, Josh Healey, Cody Goloubef
Just now, AriGold said:

100%, only 29, 0,5 PPG last year and only 2M. 

maybe Mete too. I don't know how that would work with the taxi squad rules but if we could have 8 NHL quality d men to cycle in and out for rest days and also prevent injuries that would be great. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Azzy said:

Realistically, Mete is the only one you consider due to quarantine. By the time you find out you've successfully claimed Vatanen on waivers, and he's travelled and fulfilled his 7 days of quarantine, the Canucks will have been forced to play 19 games by the NHL.

not sure thats true, we don't play until the 16th so he'd only be a few days away if he travelled tomorrow night. He'd miss 2 or 3 games but thats about it. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd pick up Vatanen for depth for the next month. 

Don’t we still need a d under contract for next year for the expansion draft depending on who is protected? If so we we should grab him or Biega for that reason also.

Mete is a + 30 over his short career in sheltered minutes and is 22 years old. I pick him up, and hope Montreal needs a defenseman because you took one of theirs.

Maybe they take Benn as a swap and we pick up a pick.............wishful thinking, but I am not sure Montreal is planning having him taken

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Don’t we still need a d under contract for next year for the expansion draft depending on who is protected? If so we we should grab him or Biega for that reason also.

Mete only makes sense in this regard. Vatanen and Beiga are UFA

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure thats true, we don't play until the 16th so he'd only be a few days away if he travelled tomorrow night. He'd miss 2 or 3 games but thats about it. 

Sarcasm much?

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

we do, he'd probably be happy to take a 700k extension for that purpose. 

• Cheers 1

I would claim vatenen adds another pmd who can play both sides and takes pressure off edler.

But one thing to keep in mind caunucks are at 48/50 contracts and I assume one of the is for podz it would essentially mean that is the only claim we will make until and we need to make sure we have enough bodies ready by Friday. Unless there is a trade for a player and picks. 

Edited by hockeyking