The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Maple Leafs acquire Nick Folingo, Stefan Noesen; Blue Jackets acquire 2021 1st-round pick (TOR), 2022 4th-round pick (TOR); Sharks acquire 2021 4th-round pick (TOR)

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

They have two lines.    Mathews and Tavares is one of the best one two punches in the league and their bottom six is impressive too.    Hate to say this but TO might win a cup this year. 

They have a very solid group for sure and I like the Foligno add I’m still just unsure of both Thornton and Spezza being in the bottom 6. Playoffs the speed and physical play picks up which neither guy can bring while playing in the spot where you expect those guys to bring it. Foligno will be good but I just have a feeling their bottom 6 might be too slow.

• Cheers 1

I'll give props to the Leafs brass for having this level of confidence in their squad.  IF there is a year to go all in it's this one.  No team in the league has any level of experience with who they might face in the 2nd round conference final or cup finals.  Everything is a brand new bag the moment they get out of their divisions and upsets can happen very easily.

But to date, Toronto has not faced a complete team like the Bolts.  Knights.  Bruins (sorta) even the Canes.  

Beating up a floundering Northern Division is one thing.  Stepping up to a Tampa team over 7 games is entirely different

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

They have two lines.    Mathews and Tavares is one of the best one two punches in the league and their bottom six is impressive too.    Hate to say this but TO might win a cup this year. 

I just can’t picture anyone other than maybe Colorado beating Tampa in a 7 game series. Unfortunately the north division has been pretty weak, and Toronto hasn’t really faced too much serious competition. I’ll admit that they’re looking pretty good, but I just don’t see them competing with the likes of Tampa and Colorado. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

I just can’t picture anyone other than maybe Colorado beating Tampa in a 7 game series. Unfortunately the north division has been pretty weak, and Toronto hasn’t really faced too much serious competition. I’ll admit that they’re looking pretty good, but I just don’t see them competing with the likes of Tampa and Colorado. 

As much as I'd hate to see Toronto succeed, a Leafs vs Colorado series would be one hell of an entertaining series

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Leafs address their AHL quality blueline by bringing in another forward.  He's a good player, but he won't be able to save the Leafs from getting destroyed in the first round yet again.

The Leafs have 2 cup winning defensemen and a Norris candidate in their roster. I fail to see how they can be considered AHL quality

34 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Will Canadian hockey fans hate on the Leafs as much as they hated on us during our run?

Depends on how far they go, if they go anywhere at all. But yeah, probably. 

Eastern media though, they'd be on their knees. 

There is so lttle joy in life. I know I am hoping for that special flash of joy that only comes when the leafs $&!# the bed in the first round.

Its almost like a triple decker ice cream cone of joy really. You have the TO fans who will alternate between rage, whining, and lashing out at other fans. Then you have TO management and players who will find some way to blame anyone else. And finally you have the Eastern biased media crying about how they yet again spent the whole year hyping up a team that $&!# the bed.

I may suffer being a lifelong canucks fan but at least I find joy in the little things.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Laffs should have added Savard instead...but hey guess they think they can just outscore opposition teams and this fluke stretch G Campbell is playing is going to hold strong for them all the way into the playoffs too... I will never cheer for the Laffs even in a cup final against an American team. Fcuck the Laffs!!

Hope Foligno gets injured shortly after suiting up for them!

That's pretty crappy wishing injury on a player just because he plays for a team you don't like.

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I was talking about Morgan Rielly 

He can't play any defense whatsoever. He's so much of a liability in his own end that he doesn't belong in the NHL.  That pylon would struggle to make the Comets unless he made a serious commitment to learn how to actually play his position.

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He can't play any defense whatsoever. He's so much of a liability in his own end that he doesn't belong in the NHL.  That pylon would struggle to make the Comets unless he made a serious commitment to learn how to actually play his position.

Well he's been voted twice in the Top 20 and once placed 5th in voting. There maybe some flaws to his game but let's not pretend he's not one of the Top Defensemen in the league. 

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well he's been voted twice in the Top 20 and once placed 5th in voting. There maybe some flaws to his game but let's not pretend he's not one of the Top Defensemen in the league. 

We'll agree to disagree.  He's a huge reason the Leafs lose in the first round every year.