The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jeff Carter to Penguins for conditional 2022 3rd-round pick, conditional 2023 4th-round pick

LA must be retaining, Carter's owed 5m+ next season. Interesting add for the Pens, he's not the player he was but he brings a wealth of experience. 

Edit: Owed 2m, but the 5m+ cap hit remains. 

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Funny how just about every other Canadian team has made some kind of trade... US or otherwise.

no i mean canucks have covid  so benning said no trades are happening at deadline not fair to their families  not saying other teams arent making trades 

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

no i mean canucks have covid  so benning said no trades are happening at deadline not fair to their families  not saying other teams arent making trades 

He also said there's a couple days left and if something comes up that makes sense...

Don't just cherry pick one part and parrot it as fact

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

It’d be unfortunate but at the end of the day it’s a business. Benning is sacrificing his future and letting assets pass him by which might help extend his job or discovering added talent for his teams future. These guys are getting paid millions if they have to move it’s all part of the business. I’ll be very disappointed if he doesn’t trade anybody and that was the reason. I’d rather him tell me teams didn’t want to deal with him.

42 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

It’d be unfortunate but at the end of the day it’s a business. Benning is sacrificing his future and letting assets pass him by which might help extend his job or discovering added talent for his teams future. These guys are getting paid millions if they have to move it’s all part of the business. I’ll be very disappointed if he doesn’t trade anybody and that was the reason. I’d rather him tell me teams didn’t want to deal with him.

It's not that, no team want a rental that just had covid with no idea how well the player will play after or if they get back on the ice this season. 

44 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I hope we could trade Sutter and Benn and maybe Edler too if he's willing to waive.

Edler didn't want to go anywhere long before Covid.  He took a discount to stay here, which is why he has the NMC.  I wouldn't even ask him unless he approached me if I was the GM

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Kings trade Jeff Carter to Penguins for conditional 2022 3rd-round pick, conditional 2023 4th-round pick