The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

No chance. Pretty sure Virtanen and gaudette would have been exposed.

Petty

Boeser

Miller

Horvat

Pearson (was told he will be protected?)

Motte 

Lind

Fair enough.  Lind was always a question mark for me because he hasn't played in the NHL yet.  Gaudette hasn't been great this year but he has had many scoring chances and he had a productive year last year.  I can see Gaudette's numbers improving solidly with the Blackhawks. They have Kubalik on their 3rd line right now, and this is with Toews, A. Nylander and Shaw out.  They have Carl Soderberg on their 4th line who is still a reasonably productive player.

20 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Gaudete hasn't seemed to take his career seriously enough.  Still: We should have got more !!!

You’re bang on.  

I’m not upset that Gaudette is no longer a Canuck since he just hasn’t showed the ability to play well without being sheltered however....  

Come on, Highmore?!? 

Is this a little roundabout thank you for Chicago giving us Motte? 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

That excuse being used for every overpriced signing or terrible trade by Benning isnt making this team better though.

Gaudette is not the greatest player by any means but he had a cheap cap hit, could play c or w, and was no doubt much better than the scrub he just got traded for. 

Gaudette will likely thrive in Chicago who have a long history of putting players like him in the position to succeed.

If you read between the lines I wasn't talking on ice. I'll leave it at that

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You’re bang on.  

I’m not upset that Gaudette is no longer a Canuck since he just hasn’t showed the ability to play well without being sheltered however....  

Come on, Highmore?!? 

Columbus gave us motte

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You’re bang on.  

Come on, Highmore?!? 

Didn't we get Motte from Columbus?

Just now, EternalCanuckFan said:

Fair enough.  Lind was always a question mark for me because he hasn't played in the NHL yet.  Gaudette hasn't been great this year but he has had many scoring chances and he had a productive year last year.  I can see Gaudette's numbers improving solidly with the Blackhawks. They have Kubalik on their 3rd line right now, and this is with Toews, A. Nylander and Shaw out.  They have Carl Soderberg on their 4th line who is still a reasonably productive player.

I think you have to play Gaudette with excellent defensive forwards otherwise they will be getting hemmed in their zone all day, as we’ve seen here over and over. 

1 minute ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT BENNING WILL NOT BRING US A CUP IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS, LET'S GO BENNING LOVERS, PUT YOUR MONEY ON THIS GUY. LOL!

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT 85% of every gm will not win A CUP IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS,

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nucksownyou said:

Can you people stop overrating Gaudette? My god, the overreaction is pathetic!

One of those trades. If we traded for him we’d be pissed. I don’t like the trade but it’s fun to watch the chaos haha 

This makes zero sense. It doesn't make the canucks a better team - give us a prospect st a position we need , provide cap relief or make us younger.

We would have been better doing nothing ..... or atleast getting a d man to work on 

• Like 1

Just now, Maddogy said:

We do not know what happened behind the scenes. There may be other reasons for this trade. 

It is pretty clear from his earlier interviews last year that J.B. has been disappointed that some of the young players did not take a step forward this season. Recall that at the start of the season Gaudette mentioned that penalty killing may be in the cards for him. I guess the coaching staff may not have seen sufficient progress in his defensive game this year to vouch for him before J.B. 

I do not like this trade from a value point of view. 

Yes there could be behind the scene issues we are unaware of. Regardless, if is simply he has not mastered the PK, then we trade him for a guy with much lower ceiling, then this is dumb on management. I will never forgive this trade if Gauds go on to become one of the more higher scoring 3rd line centers (40+ points) with the Hawks and Highmore is nothing more than a 4th line penalty killer.

I no longer believe the vision/team Benning is trying to build, and I want a change in management.