The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Trade a young player with potential away for nothing because he got sick.

*slow clap*

Like I said just now.... we don't know all the details.... all we know is he was the first to get Covid and his wife was quick to jump in on the haters...

Keep in mind... 90% of our team got infected directly/indirectly coz of him... most of these players got wives and kids!!! you think it's that easy to brush it off like some harmless mistake?? 

I found it a little 'interesting' that some doc was quick to rule out any culprits calling Covid is the ONLY thing to blame.... it was more of a PR move to kill off any speculations!

I'm glad to see Benning is finally taking a run at the cup, the Calder that is...kidding but not really. Uitca get's every better year, which isn't a bad thing...I guess?

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT 85% of every gm will not win A CUP IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS,

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY ANOUNT IF MONEY THAT no one would honor a bet involving currency on CDC.

21 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Really weird how people are framing this as because Gaudette supposedly gave the team Covid (with nothing to back that up). That's a serious accusation to throw around with no evidence, and also a ridiculous defense of management. 

Roussel gave an interview to a Montreal radio last week.  He named Gaudette as the source but wasn’t blaming him.  His version is slightly different than what has been reported. 

It’s in french:  https://www.957kyk.com/audio/384547/la-covid-frappe-les-canucks-et-antoine-roussel-nous-raconte-comment-ca-se-passe-pour-lui

According to Roussel, Gaudette was pulled from practice because of contact tracing for being at a restaurant that had positive cases and not because of a positive test.  That’s why they continued to practice and had a morning skate on game day, as Gaudette was only pulled as close contact.  

He says it’s only right before the game that Gaudette and Travis Green had their test come back positive and things were then shut down. He says they initially thought it was a joke when they were told the game is cancelled.  

Roussel’s version contradicts Green’s who on the morning of the game said that Gaudette had tested positive but it was not a variant so they were going to play.

The protocol strongly recommends that players avoid dining out when in their home cities (- it’s forbidden on the road).  Roussel doesn’t think anyone is blaming Gaudette though.  Says himself went to restaurants as it was their week break.  

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
Just now, diesel_3 said:

Easy on the knee-jerk reaction, folks.

Not exactly going out on a limb here, but there is a good chance neither player will even be in the show anymore in 3 years and this will all be forgotten.

Shinkaruk-Granlund comes to mind.  Both guys out of the NHL 3 years after.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Warhippy said:

Ok Squamfan

Go ahead

You're justified on this one.

This is literally throwing away an asset for quite literally nothing.

Maybe... just maybe... Aqua ordered JB to pull this move to save the dressing room?? ever thought some of our players got really upset coz of Gaudette?? I'm just saying there is the slightest possibility, that's all... these are just humans after all.. they have the right to judge and be upset seeing how their own families have suffered!

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

Trading a guy who, despite what people are saying about him, IS a regular NHL player for a guy who MAY be a consistent NHL player........ok, I get why the conspiracy folks are all over this one. 

Just now, Squamfan said:

:picard:

Well, as always, I hope the change in scenery works out for both players.

I would have thought the Canucks would have tried to acquire a C for Gaudette.  Highmore is technically a C but it doesn't look like he has been utilized at C in the NHL at all.

Per someone else who speculated about Lind remaining with the Canucks, since the league expects the Canucks to finish out the season, I guess this will be our chance to see Lind make the jump to the NHL though I really wonder if they are going to try him out a C.  He barely had time to learn the position with the Comets this season.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Ok Squamfan

Go ahead

You're justified on this one.

This is literally throwing away an asset for quite literally nothing.

In the greater scheme of things, it's just a minor transaction imho.  While I'm clearly no fan of the trade, calls questioning Benning's ability just on this seems 'way over the top'.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1