The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

If this was done for cap purposes, I guess we were essentially in Vegas' shoes when they traded Schmidt?

we don't have a cap problem

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

Funny how a lot of Benning loyalists are suddenly trashing Gauds right now.

It’s not so binary. Gaudette was probably not going to make it here, not strong enough defensively and no space to move up either as a centre.

a trade either this season or next was likely but I think the return here is a bit low.

hes a streaky middle 6 offensive centre, he was never going to get a high return 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

If you read between the lines I wasn't talking on ice. I'll leave it at that

Even so, lets assume all the blame and rumors are true. Getting back a scrub to take up a roster spot this year and next is no better than just waiving him if thats the case. Had they waived him and no one took him (extremely unlikely imo) they could have probably gotten more in a trade.

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

we don't have a cap problem

Also we're not trading anyone because of the covid situation. 

31 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I think this is more about the team being pissed that Gaudette breached covid protocol and gotbthem sick. Cut out the cancer

So we trade him for an AHLer, not even a 6th round pick? hmmm makes sense

29 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I think this is more about the team being pissed that Gaudette breached covid protocol and gotbthem sick. Cut out the cancer

Ahh yes let's just make unsubstantiated claims about a player's character and call them a cancer so that we can feel better about our management group.

• Vintage 1
14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

We all knew Benning was going to trade Gaudette as soon as he could. But can anyone truly defend the return based on what we have seen even the last few days? Come on. Every single person should be willing to admit Benning got absolutely fleeced here.

do you know anything about Highmore?

looks similar to vanek and mott trade to me could have gotten a 4th round pick but choose a guy who has speed, good work ethic, physical and show atleat at lower level to have offensive talent. 

Edited by hockeyking

I don't think Gaudette is some great piece or whatever, and the people who think that that's why people are upset misunderstand.

It's

A ) Another situation where we're selling low on a player

B ) Another situation where we're trading for someone with literally zero upside

C ) Another situation where Benning is targetting someone he liked out of junior 4 years ago, ignoring recent developments making the player have no value

Combined with the Pearson transaction, he literally never learns.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, Grape said:

Ahh yes let's just make unsubstantiated claims about a player's character and call them a cancer so that we can feel better about our management group.

If it's a distraction in the locker room and if the rest of the team is unhappy with them you have to do something.