The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

so you rather let him walk? JB didnt want him, he been in rumours for months

Why would he walk he’s got another year of RFA status. Is having a rough year so probably would have signed another 1 year deal on the cheap to prove himself and get a bigger contract.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY ANOUNT OF MONEY THAT very few to no one who makes that bet hasn't got any amount of money to bet.

regards,  G.

That’s why many here are willing to bet their left nut.

• Haha 3

I'm a huge Benning supporter. But this trade along with  the Pearson extension i don't agree with. I agree gaud doesn't go in our bottom six well but who in zeus's butthole is Highmore and he requires protection. I'm now standing up on the Benning wagon pondering if I should jump. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY ANOUNT OF MONEY THAT very few to no one who makes that bet hasn't got any amount of money to bet.

regards,  G.

Bette Midler >>>>> Bet on CDC >>>>>>>>>>> Bettman

36 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Every NHL player has a big ego. 

*Also, are we ripping on guys for celebrating goals now??

*washington* Hey Vancouver we have Ovechkin available just need a 7th for him

*vancouver* No....he is to celebratory we need more morose

• Haha 3

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

If it isn't related to the COVID spread then idk. Seems like a bad trade or atleast poor asset management. Hopefully Highmore is a good player & proves me wrong.

Ii think it's more about Gaudette being an ill fit/non-existent defensive game and an ED exposure risk. Hopefully this means the team protects Lind now.

Just wish Benning had moved him last year (like Virtanen) when his value was marginally higher.

Just now, Patrik Laine said:

I'm a huge Benning supporter. But this trade along with  the Pearson extension i don't agree with. I agree gaud doesn't go in our bottom six well but who in zeus's butthole is Highmore and he requires protection. I'm now standing up on the Benning wagon pondering if I should jump. 

I wasnt aware Highmore requires draft protection?  I thought the idea was to move AG and use a protection spot for Lind.   

5 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Seriously though, who is that guy and why would his opinion hold any weight lol. 

It holds no more weight than the average fan's opinions. But he's one of the popular Canucks fans on Twitter so people gravitate towards his opinion. Same with Mr. Booth. Every relevant fanbase in sports has some of these guys.

Edited by Grape

Even if Gaudette fizzles out, the fact remains that he was a highly coveted prospect at one point, and that we most certainly could have got significantly more if we move him earlier.

Benning is just too slow. Waited too long on Gaudette and Virtanen. "Ran out of time" for Toffoli. Also ran out of time to get anything for Miller, Hamhuis, and Vrbata. Just piss-poor management.

• Cheers 1

Worth noting (if it hasn't already been) that Gaudette quite possibly could have been exposed and selected in the expansion draft so that could be a factor in this as well. Given the return it does not appear that the market was hot for AG so it doesn't really matter what fans think should  be the return, that is ultimately what the market yielded. I'm sure his name was well out there and JB considered perhaps multiple offers. 

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Chicago HC Colliton’s take on Highmore:

“Highmore is a perfect example,” Colliton said after the season. “He doesn’t play 25 shifts in a game, but the shifts he gets he knows exactly what he’s supposed to do. He goes out there, he does it 100 miles an hour, he doesn’t cheat, he wins 50-50s, he advances the puck, he gets it in, he goes to the net. That line scored three or four goals at least in the series playing against top-line competition. It’s just because he’s willing to do the right thing. I thought the other guys did too, and then he gets off. He doesn’t extend his shift, he doesn’t hang around in the offensive zone hoping to get a goal or get a second assist or get a plus (rating). If he started in D-zone, gets it out of D-zone, gets it in and 35 seconds in the alarm bells are going off in his head that he’s got to get off so that Patrick Kane can step off in a good spot, maybe playing against tired guys or in the offensive zone or on an offensive zone faceoff. We need more of that, we need it up and down the lineup.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theathletic.com/1790389/2020/08/27/ranking-the-blackhawks-top-40-prospects/%3famp

Can we pin this please?  For perspective's sake

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

*washington* Hey Vancouver we have Ovechkin available just need a 7th for him

*vancouver* No....he is to celebratory we need more morose

haha, Ovechkin has every right to celebrate like he's the best

• Cheers 1