The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

The only sense of this I could.make ( and.i will leave it to the locker room.experts ) is if gaudette going in as an rfa.wpuld need to be re signed in order to be exposed in the expan draft and the player we got In return being under contract fills a needed player being exposed 

If so this is just litterly a player dump with an expansion draft exposure eligible player in return. Still don't see the new player on the canucks next year 

Just now, Bang Bang Boogie said:

We've had our eyes on him for a long time.

Joking aside, it does seem like Benning keys in on the guys he's had his "eyes on" like years ago.

If there's a guy he liked from the 2008 draft, you know he'll be trying to sign him this off-season.

Guess this is banishment for not being responsible or it's just about not wanting to re-sign AG.  Won't know for a year at least how this one works out.   AG could do easily go the way of Vey or Goldobin. He can't play C right now that much has already being determined, and we have two or three very good winger prospects waiting in the wings.   As usual, JB is doing things nobody expected. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

I don’t like reading into things, but Bieksa’s comments were pretty hostile, I didn’t get the feeling he was just joking around. Kinda surprised me. 

I am at work so can't really watch the broadcast, what did he say?

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Why would he walk he’s got another year of RFA status. Is having a rough year so probably would have signed another 1 year deal on the cheap to prove himself and get a bigger contract.

helloooooooo! hes been in rumours for months. read the writing on the wall. he wasn't lacing up for the nucks next year

Just now, IBatch said:

Guess this is banishment for not being responsible or it's just about not wanting to re-sign AG.  Won't know for a year at least how this one works out.   AG could do easily go the way of Vey or Goldobin. He can't play C right now that much has already being determined, and we have two or three very good winger prospects waiting in the wings.   As usual, JB is doing things nobody expected. 

Yip. I don't like it but if this turns into a Motte type surprise then you need to give JB the high five. For now though, I don't like it. But some perspective, I'm just a goofoff fan and not a scout. 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

‘Tried wearing 96 which you can’t do in Vancouver because of Bure, then he thought he was Eric Lindros moving to 88... it was time to move on from this guy’ 

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

? which comments from KB ?

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

I am at work so can't really watch the broadcast, what did he say?

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

Worth noting (if it hasn't already been) that Gaudette quite possibly could have been exposed and selected in the expansion draft so that could be a factor in this as well. Given the return it does not appear that the market was hot for AG so it doesn't really matter what fans think should  be the return, that is ultimately what the market yielded. I'm sure his name was well out there and JB considered perhaps multiple offers. 

So then he gets picked in the expansion draft. Now you can look at it as we’ll lose two players for a return of a guy that we could have claimed a comparable guy on waivers. What if Lind is unprotected or Virtanen and you lose one of them. I would have rather had him and him be the selection rather than selling him for less than he’s worth.

28 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Highmore plays a diff role. He's a winger, he's gritty, he brought something to his team in the playoffs, he overcame being passed over the draft due to his size to show that he could bring it at the pro levels and was a great AHL rookie. Has another year a 725k so he could be a cheap bottom sixer on a team which has a lot of money skewed to the bottom. Low risk decent reward. Plus, Gaudette not taking up any more ice team. Pce out Gauddy

Yes, that is the justification of the trade.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with trade value.

• Cheers 1