The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

12 minutes ago, Grape said:

The Canucks have already officially refuted that the infected individual did anything wrong, so if any part of ownership/management's decision to trade Gaudette had to do with turning sour on him because he contracted COVID, they aren't rational or competent thinkers and shouldn't be in their positions. As much as people dislike Benning, I don't think that's the case.

His wife said some stuff about covid precautions and choosing not to follow one of them. It was really bad.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Grape said:

Where are these stories? Here was what the team physician said:

"We know the individual had gone to a place within the guidelines. That place was subsequently found to have cases of COVID... we've made it clear within our group there's no culprit here aside form the (virus) itself."

If the owners are blaming Gaudette for getting the virus, I don't think they're intelligent enough to be owners of an NHL franchise. So I don't think that's the case.

Read that too...

I'm not sure if it true or not, but prior to that statement there were a lot of rumours flying about... Who knows?

Seems like a strange trade if there is no reason for it... 

VC has just posted a statement from MacIntyre that it has nothing to do with Covid , so seemingly not...

Edited by spook007

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

helloooooooo! hes been in rumours for months. read the writing on the wall. he wasn't lacing up for the nucks next year

Which is fine but not for this return. Are you happy with this return? I just can’t see anyway Vancouver wins this trade so why make it. Usually trades are made because you’re getting a comparable player back.

17 minutes ago, Grape said:

The Canucks have already officially refuted that the infected individual did anything wrong, so if any part of ownership/management's decision to trade Gaudette had to do with turning sour on him because he contracted COVID, they aren't rational or competent thinkers and shouldn't be in their positions. As much as people dislike Benning, I don't think that's the case.

But...

Are you in a position to know who should be in their position...

Just a positional question about position.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Which is fine but not for this return. Are you happy with this return? I just can’t see anyway Vancouver wins this trade so why make it. Usually trades are made because you’re getting a comparable player back.

Or it's just about making a roster spot. 

Might as well of traded him to Boston ... Neely 2.0 here in the making 

why would u trade the Hobey Baker hockey Gaud ?! 

ESP when it is for nothing?! Omg Benning I was mad about TP signing now I’m done with u Jimbo

20 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

In a couple years this will all be forgotten

95% chance that this deal is forgotten in a few years. But that's not the point.

If for some reason during the draft, your GM were to say, "we don't need this seventh round pick, whoever is next you can go on and pick," in all likelihood it won't matter. However, it's a sign of incompetence. Obviously this trade isn't THAT bad, but there isn't much rationale behind it and could indicate incompetence, specifically because we sold Gaudette when his value was near its lowest.

Also, contrary to what some people are saying, people who are around the Blackhawks have been saying that Highmore doesn't really kill penalties and "isn't a great defensive forward." There's just very little upside with him and at this moment in time, not really a reason to believe he's better than Gaudette, who is generating chances at a high level. This is quite different from Motte, who looked to be a good NHL penalty killer when we traded for him.

Edited by Grape