The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

But...

Are you in a position to know who should be in their position...

Just a positional question about position.

I mean... someone who believes that people who contract COVID are at fault simply because they contracted COVID shouldn't be in high-end decision making position. It's a failure of simple logical thinking. I'm not out here arguing what qualifications are need to be a GM and who fits those qualifications lol

It's just a very backwards line of thinking that I doubt any GM, including Benning, would go by. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, ey40 said:

I just hate people bringing up Motte when talking about this trade and trying to be positive. 

Does anyone forget Jared McCann? I wonder how he is doing in Pittsburgh?

For Motte atleast we sold an expiring asset for a younger player who can play the bottom 6. This time we sold a player of similar age with higher upside. It makes 0 sense. And McCann was later reveal to have a bad attitude in the room. I have not heard anything regards to this aspect for Adam Gaudette, guys seems to like Gaudette from what I can see.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing you appreciate about Highmore is his work ethic and attention to detail,” Colliton said. “It’s hard to find a bigger team guy with his willingness to do the right thing for the team at all times.... Hopefully he can use this to get a little boost and new opportunity.”

• Cheers 3

Highmore looks like a better fit for Bottom 6 role then Gauds, but still dreamed Gauds had potential as a top 6 wingers.

Dreamer , nothing but a dreamer obviously

really just a meh for meh trade to save some cap money with expansion coming up which they'll need this summer.

Good time to remember the Vanek for Motte trade where everyone called out JB for bringing in a Meh player..... time will tell

• Vintage 2

I always felt Gaudette was disgustingly overrated by CDC, but even I am left scratching my head here. Are we that hurting on LW we traded a center for one? He's not even that good either. Averaging 8:50 a game on Chicago, 2 assists on the season. I dunno man. This deal is kinda poop. Ngl. We'll see though, maybe this guy will for some reason have an epiphany and become something useful here. I think I am well beyond the point of defending Benning and I am starting to think we may need new leadership in the front office. Highmore feels like a straight downgrade on Gaudette. Time will tell though. Hopefully we can get more out of Highmore than Chicago. Cause it's hard to get less.

• Cheers 1

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

That’s a great read, but the reality is that energy guys and role players like this are PTO types and are largely a dime a dozen to acquire.  

IMO, to trade a proven young NHL talent for this commodity lends its self to adding fuel to the fire raging on JB’s effectiveness as GM. 

For the sake of the fans, I hope that other info begins to surface which will address the logistics of this trade.  I’m not at all convinced that we need another Motte more than we do a decent middle 6 guy who was ready for more responsibility. Motte is great, but easily enough to outright buy during the off-season, etc.  Why trade for it?  

Who do you have in mind? I think in a flat cap those players become extremely valuable and suddenly become worth a lot more than they should be. The easiest solution is to fill the line up with more ELCs we got at least two in Podz and Hogs but good proven bottom six forwards can maybe cost a premium. Hopefully not a 3x3 premium but you get the drift.

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Highmore looks like a better fit for Bottom 6 role then Gauds, but still dreamed Gauds had potential as a top 6 wingers.

Dreamer , nothing but a dreamer obviously

really just a meh for meh trade to save some cap money with expansion coming up which they'll need this summer.

Good time to remember the Vanek for Motte trade where everyone called out JB for bringing in a Meh player..... time will tell

exactly

7 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

AG on your team or a 3.25 mil TP for 3 years? How can we not just keep AG with so much potential vs a declining two way forward...... come on guys 

if we got a good player in return this trade would be ok but wow come on this trade is indefensible 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Pearson had his best ever season last year and is just turning 29.  IN what universe is that "declining"?

No kidding.... jeeeeeeeeeesh 

1 minute ago, Ur a Towel said:

Why do I keep hearing people saying AG has "so much potential"? He's turning 25 this year. He is what he is now, he's not going to grow much anymore.
I'm completely fine with this trade, gives AG a chance with Chicago and he wasn't going to become anything with us. Takes away someone we might have potentially protected in the expansion draft and clears his salary out.
I swear people are just starting to bash Benning and the Canucks management for the sake of it now without actually thinking anything through.

OJ is 23 in a month — same could be said. 
Slippery slopes