The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just a thought, but

Did not Gaudette's wife say somethings on social media.......I just remember something to that effect

And if you remember Greens reaction  to McEwen's moms comments on Social media..................

Maybe the organization would prefer no to have those types of distractions around?

Just a thought!

Certainly can’t afford any opposing political opinions out there, not for large corporations.  Doesn’t matter what they are. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if AG was canceled.  

#puckcancer ... errr cancelculture 

whatever is trending 

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just a thought, but

Did not Gaudette's wife say somethings on social media.......I just remember something to that effect

And if you remember Greens reaction  to McEwen's moms comments on Social media..................

Maybe the organization would prefer no to have those types of distractions around?

Just a thought!

Just a thought... maybe Aqua/JB/Green later found out it was all lies by Gaud's wife?? and then the whole room went nuts after seeing their families suffer coz of him?? only a couple days ago some dude came out to clarify no Covid culprit at all.. just blame Covid! What kind of BS is that?? it's like, I wasn't really that suspicious at first UNTIL you came out to ask us NOT to suspect anything!!! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The narrative was refuted. 

Much like they clearly stated no one would be traded. 

Don’t think a team announcement adds much credence to either side of the speculation. What else are they going to say?

• Cheers 1

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

Much like they clearly stated no one would be traded. 

Don’t think a team announcement adds much credence to either side of the speculation. What else are they going to say?

Well, they said no to Iain McIntyre.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Not quite Shinkaruk didn’t even have an NHL game. Gaudette had a 45 pro rated point season last year while on the 3rd line under 13 minutes a game. Highmore isn’t even regarded as much as Granlund was then and Granlund was 22 or 23 years old when we got him. Really don’t get this trade.

I agree with you.  At least Granlund managed a few NHL seasons before flaming out so I'll take that as a win. My point is more about the fact that in the bigger picture, the Shinkaruk-Granlund trade was very minor.  Both guys are no longer in the league 3 years later.

Ouch, see no upside to this trade, we just trade a fringe NHLer with potential for an AHLer with potential. Might be that he plays center a bit more? 

Gaudette has some real Grabner potential if he can unlock it, I don't see why we gave up on him faster than Virtanen to be honest.

Hate to say it but bad trade unless JB sees something we don't yet.

Happy for Gaudette. Gets a fresh look with a new team during a weird season. 

AG is buried behind Miller Petey Horvat Sutter and Beagle 

ie. players that are defensively or offensively reliable.

Doing right by the player kinda move. 

Class act by Benning. 

Reminds me of Dubas giving us Leivo a while back.

I would rather see Gaudette be happy and succeed somewhere and give it his all rather than holding onto him for a potential lottery ticket trade (3rd rounder/whatever) that May or may not have happened. 

Plus, Cocks fans liked Highmore in the playoffs, so we shall see what we have in this young buck.

Edited by Johnny Torts
  • Sad 1

The guy has scored 4 NHL goals and is 25 years old... what the heck are people talking about?

I hope he becomes a Motte 2.0.... but you don't give value for long shot potential possible upside.  You give it for what has been accomplished and what the player is.

Even though Gaudette isn't really very good... he has been a lot better than Highmore.  The team’s Pro scouts haven't done much to fill me with confidence about unearthing hidden gems.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1