The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

So he's had this issue since college, had a career year last season then has his worst season after finding a treatment, seems like that wasn't much of an issue on ice. As someone who has colitis and suffers from several stomach issues that have led to a feeding tube AG's sounded simply a weight issue, doesn't sound like he was in a lot of pain nor did it hold him back in hockey.

Meh, subjective exchanges are down this road for us. 
Respectfully, I don’t think there is value in comparing an NHL shift and AG’s medical issues to whatever you’re likely conflating yours with. 

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Chicago HC Colliton’s take on Highmore (from 2020):

“Highmore is a perfect example,” Colliton said after the season. “He doesn’t play 25 shifts in a game, but the shifts he gets he knows exactly what he’s supposed to do. He goes out there, he does it 100 miles an hour, he doesn’t cheat, he wins 50-50s, he advances the puck, he gets it in, he goes to the net. That line scored three or four goals at least in the series playing against top-line competition. It’s just because he’s willing to do the right thing. I thought the other guys did too, and then he gets off. He doesn’t extend his shift, he doesn’t hang around in the offensive zone hoping to get a goal or get a second assist or get a plus (rating). If he started in D-zone, gets it out of D-zone, gets it in and 35 seconds in the alarm bells are going off in his head that he’s got to get off so that Patrick Kane can step off in a good spot, maybe playing against tired guys or in the offensive zone or on an offensive zone faceoff. We need more of that, we need it up and down the lineup.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theathletic.com/1790389/2020/08/27/ranking-the-blackhawks-top-40-prospects/%3famp

Sounds really good actually... Thanks SID

• Hydration 1
41 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Did you base that off just this season? Look at last season you know the one not impacted by covid

gaudette will never be a consistent top 6 guy. I like the guy, I'm a fan, I hope he jams my opinion down my throat, but I'm glad he's going to be trying to do so in a different uniform. 

the canucks don't need anymore sven baertchis.

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Good. Everyone should 'worry for their job'. Competition breeds champions.

Unmm so we inserted Loui in the lineup the last 3 years because he earned it in some form of competition? Some championship breeding we are doing 

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Unmm so we inserted Loui in the lineup the last 3 years because he earned it in some form of competition? Some championship breeding we are doing 

Derp.

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I missed JB's press conference... did he mention anything about having Highmore inserted to our line-up right away??

Just listen to any Swedish chef bit.

it has the same level of intelligence and substance as a JB presser just less excuses. 

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I  mean, insert JV for Gaud and you could say the exact same thing about the player, no? 

• Hydration 1
Just now, Fanuck said:

I  mean, insert JV for Gaud and you could say the exact same thing about the player, no? 

Yup...I doubt he's long for the team either.

• Hydration 1

So,

Canucks get:

Madison Bowie

Mathew Highmore

5th rounder

6th rounder

for:

Jordie Benn

Adam Gaudette

4th rounder

As far as draft picks, a bit of a wash,  4th for 5th and 6th.

As far as players, definitely went down in NHL ready proven quality.  Benn another casualty from bad cap management. 

Gaudette....still not sure how much was about his wife's behaviour, I know Aquaman was pretty quick to turf Donnelly when he showed his antagonism to masks.  Or if it really was all about Adam's performance on the ice. Could have used that to keep his new contract way down. Personally, I think Gaudette was a bit unlucky and snake-bitten this season. He's only 24.  I would not have given up on him right now, for an unknown project as a purely hockey decision. 

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Just listen to any Swedish chef bit.

it has the same level of intelligence and substance as a JB presser just less excuses. 

Lol, when I clicked this thread, it said last post was by @aGENT

Read this post thinking @aGENT wrote it, and started getting worried that I’d somehow shifted dimensions into bizarro world. :lol:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

So,

Canucks get:

Madison Bowie

Mathew Highmore

5th rounder

6th rounder

for:

Jordie Benn

Adam Gaudette

4th rounder

As far as draft picks, a bit of a wash,  4th for 5th and 6th.

As far as players, definitely went down in NHL ready proven quality.  Benn another casualty from bad cap management. 

Gaudette....still not sure how much was about his wife's behaviour, I know Aquaman was pretty quick to turf Donnelly when he showed his antagonism to masks.  Or if it really was all about Adam's performance on the ice. Could have used that to keep his new contract way down. Personally, I think Gaudette was a bit unlucky and snake-bitten this season. He's only 24.  I would not have given up on him right now, for an unknown project as a purely hockey decision. 

I bet you if he didn't share his Covid love with the team, we could have received at least a 3rd round pick and/or a proven top 9 player!!! 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

As far as players, definitely went down in NHL ready proven quality. 

depends, we don't need Benn anymore and Juolevi needs the minutes if he's going to be a regular next season.

As far as Gaudette goes, yeah that's disappointing, but if its part of an actual plan to have an affordable bottom 6 that can actually play well, thats a different story. We don't know what the plan is yet, but we do know we need affordable talent on the bottom 6 wings if we have any hope of upgrading at 3 or 4 C.

Seems like one of those days we'll have to look back on to judge if its been good or not. 

• Hydration 3
3 hours ago, Quinn12 said:

Might as well of traded him to Boston ... Neely 2.0 here in the making 

why would u trade the Hobey Baker hockey Gaud ?! 

ESP when it is for nothing?! Omg Benning I was mad about TP signing now I’m done with u Jimbo

... you trade him because you got a Höglander of a surprise, and Podkolzin coming in.

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 1
Just now, Duodenum said:

Don't understand the move. Trading Gaudette for an AHL tweener? Better off with a draft pick. 

sounds like from Jim's press conference they have liked this kid in the past. So that must be it, and the cap certainty as well since he's got another year on his deal.