The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The real question IMO is... Are we better off with Lowry at +/- $4x4... Or Sutter at +/- $2x2..?

I think the answer for me, is Lowry, as I think he can give us hard minutes. Can Sutter do that and stay heathy? History say not.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think the answer for me, is Lowry, as I think he can give us hard minutes. Can Sutter do that and stay heathy? History say not.

I agree, I like Lowry he would take all Bo's hard minutes like a champ. He would be great here if we can afford him. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Provost said:

It was absolutely fake when it was “reported” by some random dude on Twitter and everyone picked up and ran with.  I went and checked and Bo still followed him.  I don’t have any reason to believe things changed in the hours since then unless you have some evidence

Interesting.  I checked IG only, and Bo doesn't follow him anymore.  I didn't check Twitter so maybe he does still follow him there.  So if its just one place, perhaps a non-issue then.

47 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Oh yeah thanks for that, thought I was losing it! haha

I also don't want to lose Gadj! I was hoping that Gadj could be protected, but think Pearson has taken his slot.

I am guessing protected forwards will be: EP40, Miller, Horvat, Boeser, Pearson, Lind, Motte

I'd 100% switch Gadj and Pearson in that list.  Wouldn't be opposed to throwing in a small sweetener to get them to take Jake.

36 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

lowry for 3 mill 2-3 years would be decent, but how come WPG wouldnt re-sign him?, they in cap trouble?

I don't think they would be in cap trouble. Yhe one main contract they need to worry about is Pionk and he is going to get PAID. 

57 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

OK yeah so $4m is not actually a HUGE overpayment like you suggested.

Given Lowry's 60% dZS, I think getting 1.8 pts/60 mins is excellent. Recent comparables like Laughton (3x5) and Iafallo (4x4) would suggest that 4x4 for Lowry is not overpayment. Laughton plays a similar 3C role but not as well as Lowry. Iafallo is more of a top 6 winger but is sitting at 1.9 pts/60 mins with 46% dZS, so he is right in the same offensive production range with more opportunity to score. Factor in Lowry's size and fighting ability and he is the best choice that I can think of for that 3C role in VAN.

I take Lowry at 4x4 7 days a week, no questions asked. No chance that’s an overpayment. 

20 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Oh Lowry is certainly the better player at this point and I agree, I'd love to free up Horvat more. But we won't be the only one competing for his services and we have no idea if he'd even want to come here. And he'd cost us twice the term and money.

I don't think it's cut and dry.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Oh Lowry is certainly the better player at this point and I agree, I'd love to free up Horvat more. But we won't be the only one competing for his services and we have no idea if he'd even want to come here. And he'd cost us twice the term and money.

I don't think it's cut and dry.

Oh, who the hell knows? LOL

But if I am picking a guy to take away that pressure off of Horvat, and be a physical force, I want a guy like Lowry

Tampa has Point at $6,750,000, Cirelli at 4,800,000 and Gourde at $5,166,666 and that is pre-covid numbers, so I would be in support of a higher paid 3rd line center

as long as he is good. Lowry has always impressed me.

So, I would support 4.25 to 4.50 for Lowry X 5 or 6....not sure Winnipeg would go there with Copp on the wing, needing a new contract

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd 100% switch Gadj and Pearson in that list.  Wouldn't be opposed to throwing in a small sweetener to get them to take Jake.

Word on the street is Benning gave Pearson his word that he would be protected.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Tough to give up on Motte but we also can’t be walking away from a young budding power forward. And we’re gonna need as much cheap scoring as possible.

I try to make a deal with Seattle. They may value a 3rd round pick and a lesser prospect over Motte. Who knows?

I do know Motte has likely hit his peak and if Gadjovich hits his potential we would be kicking ourselves for protecting a bottom 6 energy guy over him.

I would be tempted to offer Seattle a 2nd round pick to take holtby. Would help with the cap crunch and save us losing one of Lind,gadjovich or Motte. Not sure if that's enough but it's worth inquiring.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

But if I am picking a guy to take away that pressure off of Horvat, and be a physical force, I want a guy like Lowry

Tampa has Point at $6,750,000, Cirelli at 4,800,000 and Gourde at $5,166,666 and that is pre-covid numbers, so I would be in support of a higher paid 3rd line center

So, I would support 4.25 to 4.50 for Lowry X 5 or 6....not sure Winnipeg would go there with Copp on the wing, needing a new contract

6 years would take him to 34 years old. He will lose a lot of foot speed by the last few years. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Tough to give up on Motte but we also can’t be walking away from a young budding power forward. And we’re gonna need as much cheap scoring as possible.

I try to make a deal with Seattle. They may value a 3rd round pick and a lesser prospect over Motte. Who knows?

I do know Motte has likely hit his peak and if Gadjovich hits his potential we would be kicking ourselves for protecting a bottom 6 energy guy over him.

Who is this budding power forward you speak of ?

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I would be tempted to offer Seattle a 2nd round pick to take holtby. Would help with the cap crunch and save us losing one of Lind,gadjovich or Motte. Not sure if that's enough but it's worth inquiring.

I doubt that a 2nd gets it done though.

13 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

man that contract would turn ugly near the end.

13 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I feel like 4 x 4 is fair for Lowry only because realistically we are going to have to pay more than WPG to get him. I would be concerned with 5-6 years. 

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

I feel like 4 x 4 is fair for Lowry only because realistically we are going to have to pay more than WPG to get him. I would be concerned with 5-6 years. 

Yeah, the guys above think its too long as well. I get it. I might been too exuberant on the years

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

You know if it was his only, or one of only a few, trade/signing misfires, fine.  But adding them all up........now all I see are excuses, and excuse makers, sorry.  Jim has jumped the shark for me. Or Orca?

I'll wish him success. I hope Tanner has a second wind. I hope he can sign Petey and Quinn to accommodating contracts. I'm stoked to see how Hoggy and now Podz fits into the team too.  And I'm also a Tram fan and hope we see him next season. I pray JB hasn't managed to burn that bridge too.

But I'll cheer the day he's replaced with a more seasoned GM with a glass of the best Islay Scotch and a nice fatty of BC's best.

It wasn't a misfire which I've explained. Adding up a bunch of falsities is more a reflection of your opinion than it is on Benning.

If all that you hope for does come true, does that change your opinion on Benning? Probably not, because you seem to only dwell on the negatives that fit your agenda instead of focusing on what really happened.

The young core that we have built and continue to build is mostly because of what Benning has done. If we do bring in a new GM and he/she has success, then it'll be through the foundation that Benning has built that was not even remotely there when he took over.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1