The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

20 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

4m is likely too much, but not entirely unheard of. 3-3.5M seems likely where the contract will land

Huge was a bit of an embellishment for sure. I feel like 3m is a good number but you never know how crazy GMs will get in a bidding war. I just hope it's not us if it is @4 mill.

Edited by coryberg

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Protect Virtanen ans Gadjovich

Lind won’t be picked

Pearson is a perfect signing for Seattle

(does his NTC do anything against the ED?)

Exposing a player doesn’t necessarily mean he gets picked up.

Podkolzin is taking Pearson’s spot within the next season.

If Pearson doesn’t get picked up, he’s an excellent 3LW.

12 hours ago, coryberg said:

Word on the street is Benning gave Pearson his word that he would be protected.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

• Vintage 1

I wouldn't mind at all if they took Jake (his back loaded contract might save him). But I figure it's whoever is exposed out of Lind Gadj or Motte.

Maybe give up a 3rd to take Rousell.

I will lose my mind if they don't protect Motte. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I wouldn't mind at all if they took Jake (his back loaded contract might save him). But I figure it's whoever is exposed out of Lind Gadj or Motte.

Maybe give up a 3rd to take Rousell.

Komarov has the same cap hit as Roussel and also a year left.  An NHL executive tells Staples that he doesn’t think a 1st will even be enough to move his contract. Seattle can’t buy Roussel out.  They’ll probably have better ways of using up that cap space.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I will lose my mind if they don't protect Motte. 

I would lose my mind if we lose a big rugged power forward or a gritty center that turn into 30 goal scorers.

Protecting prospects is more important to me than protecting 26 year old fourth liners. And I’m a big Motte fan but you just have to look at this teams trajectory.

We’re on a slow rebuild because ownership dragged their feet. We’re gonna need as many prospects as possible.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would lose my mind if we lose a big rugged power forward or a gritty center that turn into 30 goal scorers.

Protecting prospects is more important to me than protecting 26 year old fourth liners. And I’m a big Motte fan but you just have to look at this teams trajectory.

We’re on a slow rebuild because ownership dragged their feet. We’re gonna need as many prospects as possible.

If your taking Gadjovich, I don't know. Not a fan. Have seen him play a few times and unless his skating has vastly improved I don't see him as a big loss.

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d say we’re right on par.

For the first three years management was trying to get the Sedins a Cup, and didn’t want to admit a rebuild had to be started.

However, drafting Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Höglander, and trading for Miller, made up for those seemingly lost years.

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Well $&!#. Were &^@#ed then lol.

Demko....

I’m really worried about Demko...

Demko at 100% demkoes.

Demko at 95% wins games.

Demko at 90% is a tragedy for the Canucks.

Add Covid...

Edited by Me_

28 minutes ago, rekker said:

If your taking Gadjovich, I don't know. Not a fan. Have seen him play a few times and unless his skating has vastly improved I don't see him as a big loss.

It has improved quite a bit as has his 5 on 5 play.

He’s a goal a game player in the AHL right now. Something I don’t think we’ve ever seen from a 22 year old prospect in this organization:

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s a goal a game player in the AHL right now. Something I don’t think we’ve ever seen from a 22 year old prospect in this organization:

That's good to hear. He seems like a great person from his interviews. Everytime I sour on his skating I hear how it's improved. If it has I'm pumped for him, and pumped for the team. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, mll said:

Komarov has the same cap hit as Roussel and also a year left.  An NHL executive tells Staples that he doesn’t think a 1st will even be enough to move his contract. Seattle can’t buy Roussel out.  They’ll probably have better ways of using up that cap space.

I call bull@#*×

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

11 goals 2 assists... seems to be taking care if business on his own :P

Do you think he's actually ready to push for a roster spot up here? 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

WPG actually has more cap space than we do for next year, so imo its going to take a Sutter-type deal to steal him out of there, likely in the 4.5x5 year range, something that Chevy wouldn't likely do.

If we're going to have a fast re-tooling of our bottom 6 this is whats needed, or the alternative is to try for a decent fill in on day 2 or 3 of free agency, but then we're also probably overpaying for a much lesser guy.

I'd rather Jim just go for it and land Lowry and we give him line mates like Motte and maybe Jake, or if not Lind to work with. 

Still think that finding our 3C upgrade via trade, especially with the ED pressure point on other teams, is better than getting in what will likely be a costly bidding war for Lowry. Sutter is then the backup plan. Should that fail

1 hour ago, rekker said:

All reports out of Utica is that his skating is much improved. Not to the point of being a 'burner' but his skating sounds like it's gone from 'below average' to 'average'.

Hopefully that will be enough to make use of his other, many tools at this level. Guy's a beast in front of the net and we REALLY lack that up here.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

11 goals 2 assists... seems to be taking care if business on his own :P

Do you think he's actually ready to push for a roster spot up here? 

I think by next season he gets a serious look.

He would be a perfect bottom 6er on a cheap contract. We don’t currently have any player that brings his mix of size and skill.

• Cheers 1