The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

My guess is they take Jake. I'd rather they just take Jake than pay a second for any other scenario. Unless a second for a major cap dump 

I wouldn't mind at all if they took Jake (his back loaded contract might save him). But I figure it's whoever is exposed out of Lind Gadj or Motte.

Maybe give up a 3rd to take Rousell.

22 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I wouldn't mind at all if they took Jake (his back loaded contract might save him). But I figure it's whoever is exposed out of Lind Gadj or Motte.

I think you gotta protect Motte 

I've never seen him not go 100%. He also has untapped offensive potential and out up good numbers in college

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

As for Lind or Gadj, that's a pretty big gamble for Expansion draft as they aren't even surefire NHLers. 

For that reason, I feel Canucks should not play them this year so. Seattle doesn't see how they perform at. NHL level

11 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

As for Lind or Gadj, that's a pretty big gamble for Expansion draft as they aren't even surefire NHLers. 

For that reason, I feel Canucks should not play them this year so. Seattle doesn't see how they perform at. NHL level

Seattle will be selecting 30 players so they will be taking some they won't be using on their roster right away. 

Protect Virtanen ans Gadjovich

Lind won’t be picked

Pearson is a perfect signing for Seattle

(does his NTC do anything against the ED?)

Exposing a player doesn’t necessarily mean he gets picked up.

Podkolzin is taking Pearson’s spot within the next season.

If Pearson doesn’t get picked up, he’s an excellent 3LW.

20 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

4m is likely too much, but not entirely unheard of. 3-3.5M seems likely where the contract will land

Huge was a bit of an embellishment for sure. I feel like 3m is a good number but you never know how crazy GMs will get in a bidding war. I just hope it's not us if it is @4 mill.

Edited by coryberg
8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Protect Virtanen ans Gadjovich

Lind won’t be picked

Pearson is a perfect signing for Seattle

(does his NTC do anything against the ED?)

Exposing a player doesn’t necessarily mean he gets picked up.

Podkolzin is taking Pearson’s spot within the next season.

If Pearson doesn’t get picked up, he’s an excellent 3LW.

12 hours ago, coryberg said:

Word on the street is Benning gave Pearson his word that he would be protected.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

• Vintage 1

I will lose my mind if they don't protect Motte. 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
3 minutes ago, rekker said:

If your mind is that fragile, then you already have lost it.

• Haha 1

Komarov has the same cap hit as Roussel and also a year left.  An NHL executive tells Staples that he doesn’t think a 1st will even be enough to move his contract. Seattle can’t buy Roussel out.  They’ll probably have better ways of using up that cap space.

• Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I would lose my mind if we lose a big rugged power forward or a gritty center that turn into 30 goal scorers.

Protecting prospects is more important to me than protecting 26 year old fourth liners. And I’m a big Motte fan but you just have to look at this teams trajectory.

We’re on a slow rebuild because ownership dragged their feet. We’re gonna need as many prospects as possible.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would lose my mind if we lose a big rugged power forward or a gritty center that turn into 30 goal scorers.

Protecting prospects is more important to me than protecting 26 year old fourth liners. And I’m a big Motte fan but you just have to look at this teams trajectory.

We’re on a slow rebuild because ownership dragged their feet. We’re gonna need as many prospects as possible.

If your taking Gadjovich, I don't know. Not a fan. Have seen him play a few times and unless his skating has vastly improved I don't see him as a big loss.

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d say we’re right on par.

For the first three years management was trying to get the Sedins a Cup, and didn’t want to admit a rebuild had to be started.

However, drafting Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Höglander, and trading for Miller, made up for those seemingly lost years.

Edited by Me_
16 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yet the remainder of our team is expected to play Friday? Am I the only one that sees this as a potential injury disaster waiting to happen?

cat wait to see 2.5 minute myers at 1 minute.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Well $&!#. Were &^@#ed then lol.

Demko....

I’m really worried about Demko...

Demko at 100% demkoes.

Demko at 95% wins games.

Demko at 90% is a tragedy for the Canucks.

Add Covid...

Edited by Me_