The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

You do realize that Avs were pretty bad for a few years right?

My point, is that when they realize that the season is a wash, they do things differently from the way the Canucks are doing it; did not mention anything about there previous records...

12 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Gaudette with his first of many points upcoming with the Hawks

https://www.nhl.com/video/kampf-scores-goal/t-323734044/c-8119532

gaudette throws it into the shins three times, then his teammate piks up the rebound and scores

https://www.nhl.com/video/duchene-opens-scoring/t-323734044/c-8118327

on the goal against. gaudette is slow to react to the play, so much so that the defenceman yells and points to the man hes supposed to be covering. gaudette then should have skated hard towards the defenceman favoring the center of the ice. gaudette did the complete opposite he glided and favored towards the boards. at the end of the play gaudette was about 5 feet out of position and 10 feet further away then he should have been.

the defenceman wisely faked the shot and made a play. gaudettes third/4th? mistake is with his stick. he is not doing what he is supposed to do. You have to get your stick in line towards the puck. only after the pass does he attempt to get his stick infront.

here is a good 2 minute video on what he was supposed to do.

if he reacted quick enough ther may have been only ten feet between the players instead of twenty, meaning there would be less time for the defenceman to make a play

there is a reason he played the least amount of time for both teams.

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

https://www.nhl.com/video/recap-nsh-5-chi-2/t-323734044/c-8121956

https://www.nhl.com/video/duchene-opens-scoring/t-323734044/c-8118327

Gaudette was actually on the ice for 2 goals tonight  and he did it all in under 8 minutes

he played the least amount of time for both teams.

I know it's a Canucks ritual to bash outgoing players, but I saw the 7 minutes he played. He really does seem like a limited dimension type player. 

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I know it's a Canucks ritual to bash outgoing players, but I saw the 7 minutes he played. He really does seem like a limited dimension type player. 

yeah i analyzed his mistakes on the goal against. lets just say its not good when your defenceman is yelling at youto cover your man.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

if your interested, i wrote up the analysis on the post you commented on.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Let me direct you to someone who cares

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/chicago-blackhawks.30/

PLEASE take your time coming back 

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/matthew-highmore-traded-for-adam-gaudette.2816828/

more specifically...  I haven’t read one positive comment on there on highmore, in fact, everyone speaks of “zero upside” on highmore.   

I hate reading how we got fleeced in a trade!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sassbs said:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/matthew-highmore-traded-for-adam-gaudette.2816828/

more specifically...  I haven’t read one positive comment on there on highmore, in fact, everyone speaks of “zero upside” on highmore.   

I hate reading how we got fleeced in a trade!

please dont trust the fans. After the trade was announced, kris versteeg his former teammate said he was a fast hard working player. Lets give him a chance.

also he is expansion fodder

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

please dont trust the fans. After the trade was announced, kris versteeg his former teammate said he was a fast hard working player. Lets give him a chance.

also he is expansion fodder

Usually fans have the best insight.  Granted it’s mostly a biased opinion.  The Majority have said he’s a hard working guy but he doesn’t have any upside whatsoever.   Kinda like us talking about Jake and his inconsistency.  

I like the idea of expansion fodder.   

3 hours ago, sassbs said:

Usually fans have the best insight.  Granted it’s mostly a biased opinion.  The Majority have said he’s a hard working guy but he doesn’t have any upside whatsoever.   Kinda like us talking about Jake and his inconsistency.  

I like the idea of expansion fodder.   

Haha no, they can be biased af, which you already have said. I trust Versteeg's high praise of Highmore. Versteeg even said he's not even thinking about Gaudette lol.

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

supposed to be the next kesler, lol

Expecting a guy taken in the 5th round to become then next Kesler might be more an indication of the unrealistic expectations fans put on players rather than evidence the player is useless and a bust.

Gaudette, despite his flaws, is, in fact, an NHL player and was found money for the Canucks. We will see if the Blackhawks can take advantage of Vancouver selling low on him.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Expecting a guy taken in the 5th round to become then next Kesler might be more an indication of the unrealistic expectations fans put on players rather than evidence the player is useless and a bust.

Gaudette, despite his flaws, is, in fact, an NHL player and was found money for the Canucks. We will see if the Blackhawks can take advantage of Vancouver selling low on him.

LUL, bought in to the media diatribe eh? cool beans

The Beat Media GIF by MSNBC

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

LUL, bought in to the media diatribe eh? cool beans

The Beat Media GIF by MSNBC

There is somewhere south of a 10% chance a player drafted around 150th will make it to 100 games in the nhl.

Kesler was selected in the 1st round. Gaudette in the 5th.

The fact he made it to over 100 games, let alone produced decent offense (in a more sheltered role for sure), is pretty much the equivalent of a statistical anomoly.

The Kesler comparisons always interested me because as a player he has never really played the same style as Kesler. It was always simply a hope and a prayer that would be who he ended up being.

People are desperate to slag Gaudette at every opportunity, seemingly to justify Benning trading him when his value was lowest for a guy who apparently had lost his 4th line energy job on the Hawks.

Canucks fans, especially a lot here on CDC, are among the stupidest among nhl fan bases when it comes to objectively evaluating young players and prospects and comparing them to which former Canuck they need to become in order to not be considered garbage. Its either all out unrealistic hype a player could never possibly live up to or out of this world "player x is a bust because he didn't become player y" mentality on here. Often in the same breath.

Gaudette was never going to become Kesler. That's not his game at all. Virtanen is not going to become Bertuzzi or Cam Neely. Same reasons. 

The Canucks themselves need to stop wanting players to become some former Canuck icon and start developing them based on their own strengths and weaknesses and getting the most out of them. Even if that means in a trade to improve other areas.

• Thanks 1

Gaudette played 7 minutes against Nashville and registered his first assist as a Blackhawk. I know people talk about his sheltered minutes playing on a 4th line with lots of offensive zone starts, but he does produce when given the time whereas not many others do. Sure, he's a bit sloppy defensively, but there are lots of high-flying teams like the Blackhawks who will use him to his best. 

PPG so far let's see how he goes...

• Haha 1