The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I'm not advocating for protecting Highmore.  My point is that he is not exempt so he would need protection if the Canucks don't want expose him.  Gaudette needed protection too so this is a lateral move at best (in that particular regard).

Would Seattle take him?  Probably not, but it seemed like there was a reasonable chance the Canucks would protect Gaudette if they didn't trade him. 

No chance. Pretty sure Virtanen and gaudette would have been exposed.

Petty

Boeser

Miller

Horvat

Pearson (was told he will be protected?)

Motte 

Lind

3 minutes ago, SNuck said:

You're implying Gaudette was traded because of his wife? Come on man. 

you saw that video, if they did not follow protocol and if it was them who caught and spread it as a result and put team members and their families (think Hamonic) in danger do you think he could show his face in that dressing room again?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

I'm not defending this either way, let's see how it plays out.

My gut feeling is that Benning wanted to clear a position for someone else that he believes is ready for NHL and that person is likely Lind and that he maybe felt that Lind was better suited long-term to being a 3rd line center.

Time will tell! 

I doubt a coach that leans heavily on vets is going to give Lind that kind of leash (not that Gaudette was a vet but at least he's gotten SOME NHL experience).

Just now, Nucksownyou said:

Jesus christ, you Benning haters are so pathetic.

At this point I want Benning fired so I don't have to hear it... of course the same grumpy faces will pop up when the next guy makes a deal.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

you saw that video, if they did not follow protocol and if it was them who caught and spread it as a result and put team members and their families (think Hamonic) in danger do you think he could show his face in that dressing room again?

You're going off a lot of 'if's'. I think the accusation here is low of you, but I'll leave it at that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Are we Pittsburgh is this scenario? Otherwise, don’t really understand the comparison.

Exactly....have a feeling Gaudette is going to bust out playing with Patrick Kane. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm not defending this either way, let's see how it plays out.

My gut feeling is that Benning wanted to clear a position for someone else that he believes is ready for NHL and that person is likely Lind and that he maybe felt that Lind was better suited long-term to being a 3rd line center.

Time will tell! 

exactly!