The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

8 hours ago, 4petesake said:

If Gaudette isn’t healthy enough yet to play and can be sat out until ready what does that suggest about the health of the rest of the Canucks. I have no ill will for Gaudette by why is Covid a “reason” for him but an “excuse” for the Canucks?

sociopathy?

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its all good. You dont have to reply to me its not like I force you to. Its not my fault you cant accept other peoples opinions without feeling the need to use the term "strawman".

Its funny how other GM's seem to be able to sell players high. Benning has shown no ability to.

considering you get called out on it on the daily.........  maybe a little introspect is in order?

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

considering you get called out on it on the daily.........  maybe a little introspect is in order?

I am confortable with my opinions. If other people cant accept them that sounds like a them problem bud.

On a side note, guys like aGENT and oldnews frequently disagree with me and call me all sorts of things in the process. But the difference between them and you is that they at least do try to present somewhat non cherry picked data to support their arguments.

Here is a tip. I dont care what anyone thinks of my opinions. So if you think you are going to change my mind by trying to be insulting you can move on to another target it might work on. I look at people on here as simply people with an opinion just like me. And we are all entitled to it and arent obligated to agree.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am confortable with my opinions. If other people cant accept them that sounds like a them problem bud.

On a side note, guys like aGENT and oldnews frequently disagree with me and call me all sorts of things in the process. But the difference between them and you is that they at least do try to present somewhat non cherry picked data to support their arguments.

Here is a tip. I dont care what anyone thinks of my opinions. So if you think you are going to change my mind by trying to be insulting you can move on to another target it might work on. I look at people on here as simply people with an opinion just like me. And we are all entitled to it and arent obligated to agree.

yes this definetley sounds like someone who is overtly confident in themselves. unfortunately, your arguments are deeply flawed.

even in this reply, your argument is flawed. if you didn't are about what people thought of your opinions, you wouldn't post them online.

also you keep saying my data is cherry picked but, whenever I present my data it's presented as honest as possible to bring truth. I don't cherry pick.

in fact your  the only person in the world who has accused me of cherry picking data. and i post on reddit/facebook/hfboards/twitter. it's basically all i do besides post memes.

Edited by Petey_BOI

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

yes this definetley sounds like someone who is overtly confident in themselves. unfortunately, your arguments are deeply flawed.

even in this reply, your argument is flawed. if you didn't are about what people thought of your opinions, you wouldn't post them online.

also you keep saying my data is cherry picked but, whenever I present my data it's presented as honest as possible to bring truth. I don't cherry pick.

in fact your  the only person in the world who has accused me of cherry picking data. and i post on reddit/facebook/hfboards/twitter. it's basically all i do besides post memes.

I post my opinions simply because i like talking hockey. Getting approval for them isnt a motivating factor to me at all. 

You posted a clip (I believe from 2018 no less) where Gaudette made defensive mistakes and extrapolated that out to suggest he is a complete garbage player as a result. My response was you could do the same with every NHL player as they all make mistakes, blow coverage, etc at some point. That type of hyperbole is a clear example of cherry picking bud.

You really should see some of the PM messages I have got about you cherry picking or making ridiculous arguments based on skewed analysis. Its pretty funny actually.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

18 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I post my opinions simply because i like talking hockey. Getting approval for them isnt a motivating factor to me at all. 

You posted a clip (I believe from 2018 no less) where Gaudette made defensive mistakes and extrapolated that out to suggest he is a complete garbage player as a result. My response was you could do the same with every NHL player as they all make mistakes, blow coverage, etc at some point. That type of hyperbole is a clear example of cherry picking bud.

You really should see some of the PM messages I have got about you cherry picking or making ridiculous arguments based on skewed analysis. Its pretty funny actually.

u didn't watch the clip its from gaudettes first game as a hawk. i also posted this analysis on the hawks hf boards

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/blackhawks-predators-7-00ct-nbcsch.2818203/page-17#post-177449541

i got 2 likes and no hate, even when my username is dankmemes. 

also gaudette has  a history of being the worst defender on his team, so this is not cherry picking. there's probably 20 or so highlights of gaudettes goalmaking ability, this is just a small view into his atrocious d  coverage.

also if i am being talked about in PM  i'm very happy, it must be very frustrating for all the stats you can't disprove. simply im providing a much needed ying to haters yang.

together they will provide the truth

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

u didn't watch the clip its from gaudettes first game as a hawk. i also posted this analysis on the hawks hf boards

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/blackhawks-predators-7-00ct-nbcsch.2818203/page-17#post-177449541

i got 2 likes and no hate, even when my username is dankmemes. 

also gaudette has  a history of being the worst defender on his team, so this is not cherry picking. there's probably 20 or so highlights of gaudettes goalmaking ability, this is just a small view into his atrocious d  coverage.

also if i am being talked about in PM  i'm very happy, it must be very frustrating for all the stats you can't disprove. simply im providing a much needed ying to haters yang.

together they will provide the truth

I watched his first game as a Hawk. There was good and bad in there for sure.

I get it. You think Gaudette is garbage. I think he has lots of work to do but was also utilized improperly by the Canucks. Not every player can fit any role. Gaudette as a 3rd line c was an ill fit from the start.

Tou call other people haters yet you are the one who hates Gaudette. Thats interesting.

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its all good. You dont have to reply to me its not like I force you to. Its not my fault you cant accept other peoples opinions without feeling the need to use the term "strawman".

Its funny how other GM's seem to be able to sell players high. Benning has shown no ability to.

Benning also said they’d been shopping Gaudette for a while, I believe as long as a year back. That certainly would’ve been selling high. It’s very possible they just never got much of an offer in return for AG. 

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I watched his first game as a Hawk. There was good and bad in there for sure.

I get it. You think Gaudette is garbage. I think he has lots of work to do but was also utilized improperly by the Canucks. Not every player can fit any role. Gaudette as a 3rd line c was an ill fit from the start.

Tou call other people haters yet you are the one who hates Gaudette. Thats interesting.

i'm not perfect i agree, but when i hate its to defend benning and the player the hater is using to diss benning. a goose for the gander. it's also to fight against biased statements.

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i'm not perfect i agree, but when i hate its to defend benning and the player the hater is using to diss benning. a goose for the gander. it's also to fight against biased statements.

I dont hate Benning. Criticizing him does not equal hating him. When he does things well I give him credit. When he doesnt I criticize him. 

You present it that Gaudette has no redeeming qualities at all as a player. That is unrealistic, untrue, and just straight up hate.

And really, hating on a player to try to defend a GM is just straight up childish.

8 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Benning also said they’d been shopping Gaudette for a while, I believe as long as a year back. That certainly would’ve been selling high. It’s very possible they just never got much of an offer in return for AG. 

Its possible for sure. Just not likely that no other team would have offered more than they got at any point.

Benning seems like a paralysis by analysis kind of guy. He himself has admitted he runs out of time to get things done.

I would bet they had better offers that he still didnt consider good enough at the time.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont hate Benning. Criticizing him does not equal hating him. When he does things well I give him credit. When he doesnt I criticize him. 

You present it that Gaudette has no redeeming qualities at all as a player. That is unrealistic, untrue, and just straight up hate.

And really, hating on a player to try to defend a GM is just straight up childish.

dude im putting you on ignore, i honestly believe your a sociopath liar. you do hate benning, and of course it has nothing to do with his candor.

and really, hating on a player to try to hate on a gm is just straight up childish. 

you lie about about my views all the time, almost all of them.

good riddance.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Wallstreetamigo said “also make sure his conditioning has completely recovered itself back into back into game shape after a long layoff.”

If that is true it seems totally unfair on the part of those who suggest that Covid is just an excuse for the way the Canucks are playing.

So it seems like there isn't a source, and the 'source' that you were referring to was merely speculating. I haven't heard or seen Colliton make a comment about Gaudette. I know wall said he isn't surprised or upset Gaudette has been traded, but the amount of defense that Wall is giving Gaudette is more than the defensive work of Gaudette...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its possible for sure. Just not likely that no other team would have offered more than they got at any point.

Benning seems like a paralysis by analysis kind of guy. He himself has admitted he runs out of time to get things done.

I would bet they had better offers that he still didnt consider good enough at the time.

You've got a confirmation bias issue. You make claims that Benning was too "dumb" to let go of Gaudette in the past offseason, while wilfully ignoring the possibility that his value was crap. If Benning had let go of Gaudette during THAT low point (low enough that Benning didn't want to trade him), you'd probably say "well he should've let him go when he had 20+ points, but he's too dumb."

Is that actually helpful analysis? No. This isn't meant to be a strawman argument that I'm putting here.

24 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

dude im putting you on ignore, i honestly believe your a sociopath liar. you do hate benning, and of course it has nothing to do with his candor.

and really, hating on a player to try to hate on a gm is just straight up childish. 

good riddance.

wallstreetamigo isn't nearly as bad as some of the other posters.  At least he doesn't talk down on people, so the conversation, even if it's a back and forth argument, is less annoying.

37 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You've got a confirmation bias issue. You make claims that Benning was too "dumb" to let go of Gaudette in the past offseason, while wilfully ignoring the possibility that his value was crap. If Benning had let go of Gaudette during THAT low point (low enough that Benning didn't want to trade him), you'd probably say "well he should've let him go when he had 20+ points, but he's too dumb."

Is that actually helpful analysis? No. This isn't meant to be a strawman argument that I'm putting here.

The "too dumb" comment was a tongue in cheek response because apparently anyone who questions Benning is questioning his intelligence. I am questioning his flawed decision making. He makes dumb decisions all the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

good riddance.

Haha thats awesome. Not sure I have ever been called a sociopath liar on here. For having a different opinion than a simpleton like you who has no ability to think critically or objectively. I am sure thats going to bother me endlessly.

You just said you hate on players as retaliation for people hating on Benning. I simply said thats idiotic.

I dont hate Benning. I just think on the balance he is a crappy GM.

• Cheers 1